1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal permanently limited account - Holds funds

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by rh707, Jan 1, 2013.

Hi, I apologize if this is a bit long but i've been going through a horror story with Paypal for the past week and really need some help.

For some background, I buy and sell electronics (mostly Apple products) on eBay. I find people selling them for cheap prices, buy them, and then re-list them at a higher price for a profit. I've been doing this for months with absolutely no problem and have a 100% positive feedback rating on eBay, along with 5 star detailed seller ratings.

A few days ago I sold slightly more items at once than I usually would, but it was the holidays so that's understandable (right?). Anyways, I was notified that my PayPal account was limited and that I needed to provide more information - Proof of purchase, SSN, other details. I called a PayPal representative and they told me that they limited my account for a couple reasons - I am selling "high risk items" (even though i've been selling them for months with no problem), and that I received an unusually high amount of money, and that I have multiple accounts (which I do, but the other one has no negative balance or open disputes/cases). So I fail to see how those are actual legitimate reasons for such severe action. Anyways, they told me that once I provided proof that I purchased the items along with a tracking number they would lift the limit from my account.

I provided proof of purchase (eBay invoices), and also told them that I even purchased the items through the same Paypal account that they are limiting - They just have to look through my purchase history to see that I purchased identical items with the same PayPal account that i'm selling them on. I also provided tracking numbers for the items, all of which are delivered and none of the buyers are complaining or anything. Now the lady is telling me something completely different from the last person, claiming that my account is permanently limited with no appeal, and that they would hold the funds for 180 days! On top of that, that I couldn't use PayPal in the future and my eBay account is also suspended.

This is absolutely outrageous. I have done literally nothing wrong, or at least nothing that would warrant them holding my money (over $5k) for HALF A YEAR on top of permanently banning me from PayPal. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay and there is no real reason for them to hold my money as no buyers have complained about the items I sold! It seems like whenever I call PayPal and try to talk about this I either get completely different answers from each person, or they downright lie to me in attempt to get me off of the phone. I am extremely frustrated because I was told MULTIPLE times by 3 different PayPal reps that I called that once I provided proof of purchase and delivery confirmation that I would have the limitation removed - Now all of a sudden (with the last lady I talked to) the story has changed and I am permanently limited and they're holding my funds for 180 days.

I'm probably going to call them again today and hope I get someone with half a brain. I would appreciate any advice or help as to what I should say.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    rh707, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  2. misscoco

misscoco Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, happy new year. This happened to me yesterday. I tried applying for a PayPal MasterCard, HUGE mistake. They said that if I didn't give them certain information within 15 days that I would get limited so I signed onto my PayPal and added my ssn, minutes layer I was limited. I called yesterday and the lady told me that I was permanently limited because I had over 15 account (I didn't know I couldn't have multiple accounts bit once I found out I stopped using those and only used one) and that I also had a negative balance on a 1 year old account that I knew nothing about (probably a customer who wanted their money back even though items were shipped out) so now I'm screwed, just Like you. I called again and a lady said that she would see if the administration would unlimit me since I was .or informed so I got an email stating that I just needed to provide more information. I was happy of ourse up until I saw that I needed to provide proof of delivery for transactions that were marked as gifts. My brother and sister send me money though PayPal and mark them as gifts so it made no sense that I would need toprovide proof of delivery. I called to see what I could do about this and then I got a gay guy ( he sounded gay) and thinking he would help me, he made it worse. He said that I was permanently limited and I signed back into my PayPal and there was no longer a checklist for me to complete so I think this gay lord faggot made things worse for me. it all depends who you get. please let me know if you got your issue resolved. I am personally thinking of getting a permit, starting a limited liability company, getting an EIN, and a DBA which will alow me to create a business account. A limited Liability Company is its sole entity and if they were to limit my LLC because of MY history not only would they be breaking the law, they would also be getting sued by me.

misscoco, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  3. Zakirhossain

Zakirhossain Member

Best Answers:
    First please contact with them .If they not ask for any document , You can not do anything.You have to cash out after 180 days.So you have to wait.If you need cash-out from limit account balance , You can contact with me i can help you mate

Zakirhossain, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  4. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal permanently limited account If need help PM me.I will try my best to fix it

sufia, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  5. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been limited 4 times until now and the first time was because I am selling on ebay too, sometimes ebay and paypal really sucks.

MIYABI, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  6. matthewpov

matthewpov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am looking to start selling on ebay, is there any way to avoid this kind of issues?

matthewpov, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  7. dice kid

dice kid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal has done this to me like 8 times, I have lost a few grand in total from it and just had to make a new account :(

dice kid, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  8. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well because ebay own paypal I think you should be careful if you are the seller, back then I was limited and my ebay account got suspended because of a stupid buyer, my advice is avoid argument with buyer as sellers protection in ebay is weak.

MIYABI, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  9. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Pay Pal always have to pay you the money back so you will get the money back after 6 month.

TheSyndicate, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  10. Michael1987

Michael1987 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i was permanently limited also on paypal twice just for selling on ebay it didn't matter what kind of items i sold be it games or cds or pills you can get on tv advertisement shows like omega xl fish oil they just limited me all the time and hold my money for 6 months there was nothing i could do even if i provided proof of purchase and for that reason i became a amazon.com seller i said screw paypal and made a new account and just use it for buying off ebay now no selling

Michael1987, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  11. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal really sucks. My account is permanent limited and i can not withdraw before 6 month. In my country , there is no technical team is available i.e ridiculous.

humtuma, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  12. jehzlau

jehzlau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow I'm not alone!

Paypal also limited my account permanently because they mistakenly accused me of selling fake Microsoft serials and keys even if I didn't sell any such. I didn't even sell anything related to software. I only use my Paypal account to receive payment from Infolinks, TLA, Chitika, and other blog advertisers. I wonder why they accused me of selling Microsoft keys. I asked for a single proof or evidence, or a single transaction, to prove that I sold such, but they didn't give it to me. They didn't bother to provide any evidence to prove their accusation.

They just said that my account unappealable and there's nothing they can do, which is really frustrating.

It's just like I'm fired from a job because of false accusations, and I can't defend myself because they won't listen to your side.

There's no justice. Paypal is so unfair.

jehzlau, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  13. lockon44

lockon44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    More PayPal Stories! I've read a few more in other forums too. PayPal views Private Label Resell and Master Resell Rights as a multi-level marketing program activity and according to their 'Prohibited Activities' you are not allowed to use their service for such transactions. I haven't made any sales that are connected to PayPal yet, so I'm searching for an alternative service for payment processing just to be safe. There's just too many bad PayPal stories or is it the user that went against their policy? That's not PayPal's fault, but for what I understand you get your money anyway.

lockon44, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  14. darkangeldc

darkangeldc Member

Best Answers:
    I have also heard all the horror stories, and I have also been a victim of eBay and pay pal. My experience with eBay I sold an iPhone which was in almost like new condition sent it to buyer. I get an email a few days later asking if buyer could call me so I gave me number buyer called complaining that the phone was damaged. I packed the phone pretty good so I asked if they could take a photo of the phone and send it to me so I could see the damage they refused and accused me of sending a damaged phone. They opened a case on me and of course eBay sides with buyer always. I got the phone back and the screen had been swapped by the buyer. I sent a white iPhone I got back a white back and black front. The buyer got a refund from eBay and also was able to leave me a negative feedback. I call eBay to explain what happened and that I was scammed. I even emailed pictures of the iPhone before and after showing that the screen had been swapped they did nothing. Now my feedback is now damaged not 100% any more because of this scammer.

Most recently my friend who runs a private event or party for upscale clients has 8k locked in PayPal because PayPal agree nudity. The particular event in question have go go dancers with body paint no one was nude. They went to the website to look at the event pictures where you clearly see no nudity what so ever. They are now going to lock his money for 180 days and also told him that he may not get it back. He also talked to several people getting different story each time. I am sorry $8000 is a lot of money to just loose like that. In my opinion PayPal are crooks and take peoples money I can go on and on about this. This kind of thing happens so much to so many people. I have several friends this kind of thing has happened too. I personally will never do any selling on eBay again, and I will use Paypal to do transactions ever again.

darkangeldc, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  15. GauravBR

GauravBR Member

Best Answers:
    They just block account and doesn't offer any update or accurate information why account was blocked or limited. Most of time, They block new account with higher risk of transactions.

I have got my 4 accounts blocked, My Private Account / My Brother account / My Partner Account and finally - My Company account with same reason. First they blocked my partner's account and then blocked my account with status like resolve issue on so-so account, with that same way, rest 2 accounts were blocked / limited.

I am paypal user since 2004 and i was successfully transacting with more than $2000 everyday since last 2 years. All of sudden, they have vanished all my business.

GauravBR, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  16. darkangeldc

darkangeldc Member

Best Answers:
    I know a lot of people do transactions with PayPal for years with no problems but I tell everyone it's only a matter of time before they block or limit you and take your money. I do my selling on Amazon, and I don't use PayPal any longer. This is more than just my opinion but a fact so many people have been victims of PayPal.

darkangeldc, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  17. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    It appears that paypal has limited your account to knock you out of the game to allow their preferred sellers to take the profit.

DinoJRG, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  18. darkangeldc

darkangeldc Member

Best Answers:
    @DinoJRG that sounds about right. You know I never really looked at it from that point of view before.

darkangeldc, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  19. deadbouy

deadbouy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Can i have your contact information so that i can contact if i will get my paypal account limited. Prevention is better than cure. :D;)

deadbouy, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  20. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard of 'permanently limited' issue before and this means what? Does it mean that the limitation will not be lifted no matter what? Never faced such thing but I am always conscious of what I am doing with PP as I read many horror stories.

dess71, Sep 1, 2015 IP