1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When Did Anyone Start To See Income?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by northendtrooper, Jan 29, 2013.

I'm curious to see when people started to see revenue from their website? What was your time frame? I have been working nonstop everyday now since late last year but we haven't seen a penny back.

northendtrooper, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  2. HostGEX

HostGEX Member

Best Answers:
    Which type of site you have?

HostGEX, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. Dr_Michael

Dr_Michael Member

Best Answers:
    It may take up to 3 years. Or even more some times! It needs patience and hard work. It's not easy anymore.

Dr_Michael, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Some ideas are never going to generate revenue. I have abandoned many ideas and projects that did not earn enough money fast enough to warrant my continued effort on them. I am curious why "working nonstop" for some extended period of time you think this idea/website is likely to make you money? I would expect nearly every such effort to have produced more encouraging results in that time.

browntwn, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. northendtrooper

northendtrooper Member

Best Answers:
    My website is www.tenpercenttruth.com
    It is a community blog website where anyone can go and write their experience with a crazy twist. Then we have two contest a month. Every two weeks we take one of the top four stories and make a cartoon out of it and then end of the month we give away gift cards to amazon or any other stores, last month it was for $150.
    We release our first video earlier this month

We're thinking of evolving it to a knock off of shorties watching shorties. But with real people stories instead of comedian skits.

I feel this is a genuine idea but it is becoming difficult to get people to participate.

browntwn: Since beginning of December I've spent about ten hours a day building our SEO, posting in social media, advertising, etc. Then also learning on marketing ideas to help me in the future. I haven't seen any feedback on anyone from me. How do I have time for this? Simple, I'm unemployed.

I'm also trying to target the military. Since this is where the idea originated from, my maj. gave me this idea.

6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link. Interesting idea. I actually am toying with something similar in a sense but concerned about how it would make money. I don't really have any good advice for you. One thing is that it would be great for your site or something to be featured or shown on some other popular site, especially one popular with the military, but I am not sure your content translates into nice little snippets that can attract people at a glance. The video is cute though. Would be cool for you to be featured on something like TheChive or their other site TheBrigade which both have large military followings.

browntwn, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  7. elfguy

elfguy Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard business people say that a new business takes 3 years to pan out. If it takes longer than it may be that you're doing it wrong, if it's faster than you're lucky.

elfguy, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. northendtrooper

northendtrooper Member

Best Answers:
    browntwn: That is a great idea. We're getting ready for another video. The one with the seagulls but we might do a different one with a celebrity's voice instead. The biggest problem is that the DoD doesn't really let outside websites in. So I would have to go by app/mobile instead which we are working on. We're praying that some big fan based person see's our idea and doesn't endorse but just mentions it.

elfguy. I take twitter as an example how fast something can explode. Took them 2 years to make a million a year. I'm not looking to do that with this. It would be awesome but right now my goal with this is to fund other projects that I have. The fact that we don't have any service other than a place to kill time and read awesome stories, it can reach out to anyone in the world.

9. saturn100

saturn100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    income or real income
    with paid traffic you can see conversion quickly
    I am talking about cpa

I used twitter ads and saw result
    I am currently using buy sell ads
    Yes I am all about paid traffic

saturn100, Jan 29, 2013 IP