1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I cant post in buy,sell,trade

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by xy0, Dec 9, 2012.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I didn't see that one, but did see one where someone wanted help on a forum and the guy said he'd get everyone in his office to sign up if the OP liked his post.

Once again... people should read someone's posting history and if you see posts like that recognise them for what they are and make a judgement call on whether that person is going to be reliable.

sarahk, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I was working here for some time, I was buyer most of time and I was always trying to be decent partner and to pay well for services. But I still dont understand why somebody should give me Like? :p I am anti-like person - I never use it on Facebook and ppl never press Like button on me :p

Too bad I always care only about business.

I am boring, my posts are boring - thats not good for getting Like's. If I become premium user - can I give Like to the other users?

Auxi, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Likes do not come from being the life of the party, they come from being helpful and sharing knowledge. When you don't know how to do something and someone shares with you an answer you appreciate it and typically express your appreciation with a like.

You can always purchase premium membership to gain access to the marketplace and certainly premium membership has certain perks that are handy for buyers and sellers but that is not the only way to gain access but I see nowhere does that enable you to give likes.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    Smyrl, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. bhuriya

bhuriya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bhuriya, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  5. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    deluxdon, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    3 Likes is just lame hardly anybody ever users it. If you want to cut down on the spam install the stopforumspam.com plugin and istall a plugin that makes it so you need a certain # of post of to access certain sections 50 post is a good #

DJboutit2, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The change isn't about spam, it's about quality over quantity. If someone makes 50 idiotic posts, that didn't solve the problem of focusing on quality.

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  8. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then set it to 100 or 200 post 3 like is so lame sorry. I been a member 4 yrs and I do not have 3 likes that tells you the like system is not used much

DJboutit2, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How did 16,000+ users already have 3 or more likes on the first day of the migration then? :)

10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Like is certainly used, and so was rep before, the use of it's so much more visible, so you can easily look around and see that people are getting it. You need to ask yourself why you didn't get any, especially after four years. Did you just come here for self-promotion and to use BST, or did you actually make useful posts, such as helping people out? You need to take an objective look. If you're just here for BST/marketplace and self-promotion, then you can always buy premium membership, right?

ryan_uk, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  11. xthracex

xthracex Member

Best Answers:
    It's already been stated the changes aren't a money grab, but that's exactly what you're suggesting it become. The BST sections were a community within their own right, populated by those that buy and sell services. How can those posts be of more "quality"? They were using that particular section for what it was designed for. What does obtaining likes have to do with buying or selling services? These rules make sense for other, more social, parts of the forums but iTrader did a pretty good job of policing the "quality" of BST posters.

I fail to see why anyone is surprised when others get annoyed when the rules arbitrarily change.

xthracex, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not really... that section was designed from day 1 to be a benefit to existing (good users). That was the whole reason it has a 2 week wait period before a user could post in it and they had to post 25 posts. The underlying purpose/goal of B/S/T has not changed, we just have a better way to measure who is a good user now. In fact, it's easier/faster to get access to B/S/T now (you don't have to wait 2 weeks, and you don't have to make more than 1 post when it comes down to it... it just needs to be a GOOD post).

Actually iTrader did a pretty terrible job at it... Which is why it was announced in 2010, that it was going away (long before we even thought about migrating to a new platform).

13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

I wasn't saying that DP's changes are a moneygrab, but the premium membership has several benefits, including those related to trading (did you read https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/premium?). Personally, if I was just here for BST, I'd get it.

Getting three likes for accessing BST for free isn't rocket-science (and far simpler than the previous solution) really. It's only three that are required. Think about what your specialities are and go to those sections, help people out (regardless of if they can give like or not).

ryan_uk, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  14. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is not a good sign for this forum when the new rules took place the forum has lost a good amount of traffic and it seem like it will only get worse if the rules stay the same
    [​IMG]

Losing 1/4 of the traffic in a week is insane time to go back to the old rules

DJboutit2, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You probably want to read this post.

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  16. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa is pretty dam accurate

Dump the likes 3 rules and do these thing and you will not have to worry about spammers junk posters

Install Stopforumspam.com
    Set it so you need 100 to 200 post in these sections
    Use captachas when posting
    Use Cloudflare

Problem solved

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    DJboutit2, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Clearly. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why do so many people in India use Alexa toolbar? Do they get paid or something for installing it?

Personally, I can't imagine a reason for using it. I assume they must be getting paid to make it worth it for them to do it.

browntwn, Jan 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and digitalpoint like this.
  19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They read in an eBook that it's a sure way to get rich... or that the Alexa ranking of their website matters for anything what-so-ever.

As far as any good reason to use it or install it. I've never heard of one myself... but if you hear of one, let me know. lol

Based on that comparison screenshot, it shows there is roughly a 1503% higher install base of Alexa toolbar in India than there is in the US based on the same number of users (like 1,000 in US and 1,000 in India). :)

indyonline likes this.
  20. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

Alexa and accurate? It's a pile of junk that is so easy to manipulate. It's in no way representative of normal web users, but instead people who have installed it for the purpose of manipulation. These people are no longer able to use DP? What a shame.

ryan_uk, Jan 28, 2013 IP
    browntwn likes this.