1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is The Best Way To Build An Email List Fast?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cjp214, Jan 22, 2013.

Hi all,

I have a basic understanding of internet marketing, SEO, affiliate marketing, etc. But I haven't tried to build an email list yet. I know "the money is in the list," and that you can add a lot of long-term profitability to your marketing efforts by building one. I'm ready to take my IM to the next level.

I'd love to hear what you guys would do in this situation:
    • Say you're starting a niche website to sell a couple of related affiliate products (or products on your own)
    • Your site design is basic; you only have a few pages (home page, squeeze page, about page, contact, etc.). This is NOT a blog where you're constantly adding content
    • You're going to give away a free report (or some other lead magnet) to entice people to sign up to your list
    • Then you will load up an auto responder with valuable content related to your niche. You'll email your list periodically (offering a lot of free value) and you'll drop in offers in there every once in a while. BONUS question: how often do you pitch a product vs. offer valuable content... and how frequently do you email overall?
    • You're operating on a pretty tight budget, and you want to build your list as fast as possible
    • Your ultimate goal is to have 4 or 5 of these sites humming along to build up your passive income
    How would you guys go about building this list? SEO? PPC? Solo ads? Forum marketing? What would your strategies be? Is this even doable?

I'd love to hear from you.

Corey

cjp214, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right to your position. It is good enough to create a quick list of email for email marketing. I have some more ideas of creating quick email list very easily from video. Here's the details of it -

http://www.opportunitiesplanet.com/...-tips-to-build-your-email-list-using-youtube/

Youtube today is a important media to build the email list also. Instead of editing each of your videos, you can now easily insert short webcam clips or text-and-audio pieces in-between each video in the playlist.
    Try adding a 5-10 second introduction (or interstitial) prompting viewers to join your fan list on your Fan Action Page.

jipolis7, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. uk_solutions

uk_solutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create a product or guide, then create a squeeze page.

Promote that link on your signature on here for starters.

Then use solo ads to build up a small list of say 1000, then do some ad swaps.

Create a Facebook page, and create an application in a html frame with another opt-in and do some Facebook marketing by commenting on other walls and post your link.

Create a Facebook ad campaign promoting that App.

There are loads of ways, but its like a snowball. You have to start it off and then watch it grow quickly.

uk_solutions, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. e-life

e-life Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are two ways to build your own email list with my knowledge.
    1. You can create squeeze page to provide something free to make your customers to opt-in your email list
    2. You can use email extrator software to collect email addresses.

e-life, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can build a list fast, you can build it well and you can build it cheap. Pick any two.

If you are willing to invest, a PPC/squeeze page combo will do the trick. That's the route I recommend for startups. If further down the line, PPC pays for itself, I strongly recommend you keep using it.

Another potential route is through JV's with people that already have a large list. This will require you to give up a significant share of your profit and it can be risky (as there's no control over the quality of the leads nor over the e-mail schedule).

Finally, you can use an email extractor software like e-life mentioned, but that will get you nowhere fast (unless you count your e-mail server being on a spam list a success).

Good luck!

geegel, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. chaithu

chaithu Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know how to build Email data ..!(we use to buy form 3rd party)
    But we use to give some intresting offers to user like discounts, gift vochers, Coupon code and speical offers to users based on the user status..

How ever Google plus, Facebook and some social networking site will help you in reaching your target and replacing cost that you going to invest in Email marketing, by sharing your offers and promotions.

Once you succesed in social profiles, easily you will get active users details so that you can enjoy high ROI...!

chaithu, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. tenzho

tenzho Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would definitely go for forum marketing and guest blogging!
    That is where your prospects hang out.

I mainly focus on guest blogging because that is the strategy to label
    yourself as an expert right away. Let's say you've got a change to
    write on Forbes magazine... would you take the opportunity to
    write for them?

Of course I will!

You will get tons of traffic from your author bio box!
    I remember the most that I get is 63 subscribers from one guest blog

Enjoy :)
    Tenzho Lee

tenzho, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks UK! Solid ideas to get a list going. Could you clarify what you mean re: the part that I quoted in bold text? Are you referring to the squeeze page, just an opt-in box somewhere else on my page, or something entirely different? (You'll have to forgive my tech ignorance).

Anyways, thanks again.

Best,

Corey

cjp214, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  9. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    @geegel: Haha! This is almost identical to the quote I've heard about Chinese food here in the U.S.: "You can get Chinese food, good food, or cheap food. Pick any two."

Personally, I'd rather have a smaller list of higher-quality subscribers. As much as I'd like to build my list fast, I'd rather do it gradually and do it right. I want these projects to be long-term things that build up my passive income (as I mentioned in my original post, my ultimate goal is to have 4 or 5 of these sites humming along).

Then, once I'm making profits, I can outsource traffic-generation (and hopefully content creation, too) to keep drawing in more leads while I create new, more valuable products to offer my subscribers.

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

Corey

cjp214, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  10. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    Tenzho,

I wouldn't mind writing for Forbes myself! Thanks for your reply. I definitely plan to include forum marketing and guest blogging as part of my strategy.

How do you connect with bloggers about guest posting for them (especially if they've never heard of you before)?

Thanks,

Corey

cjp214, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. thevikingmarketer

thevikingmarketer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Alright since you have chosen that setup I would go with youtube marketing as one of the ways to get people to your site. If you make good solid videos on youtube you could also post them as helpful threads on forums in your niche(don't let it be your first post though). And find similar videos in your niche on youtube. Then make a slightly new video and add it as a response to the video in your niche you found(leach off their success)

Also to answer your question about getting bloggers to allow you to do guest posts what I would do, would be to create some awesome content perhaps 3 articles and say hey I really like your article about blah blah and then a link to that post. And say I got 3 awesome articles I think your readers will really love if you could just add my short author bio at the bottom that would be great.

Now before you do that give them at least 1 article upfront so they know it's quality and then you've already made a connection because you gave before asking.

thevikingmarketer, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    Crock, pilot35 and adbox like this.
  12. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    As for beginner i would suggest you to go for Solo ads.. If you're lack in finance.. Post high quality guest blog post on authority blogs within your niche! It seriously works when you do it the right way!

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:

Show sample of your writing. Show them your quality. Show them you can add value for their blog and readers!

VisionzZolution, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  14. emaillbiz

emaillbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Starting a newsletter is one of the most effective ways to build your email list .Focus on a topic that is relevant to your niche . this will allow you to build a highly targeted list who can be prospective customers for your business . Once you start a news letter , try to be consistent and provide quality content only to prevent users from unsubscribing.

Best Regard
    Vishal Chadha
    Email.Biz

emaillbiz, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  15. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can build a list by getting away a new ebook/report , by allowing people to sign up with email to get the ebook/report , that way it gets you a nice email list of people intrested in ebooks/reports.

But it depends on what email list you are looking for.

SKULL, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  16. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    To build my list, I would use the free social media sites out there to take advantage of the traffic that
    is already there.

A few of these sites you can use are as follow:

- YouTube.
    -Facebook.
    -Twitter.
    -Forums.
    -Article directories. (ezine articles)

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  17. contentdiva

contentdiva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be careful about contacting bloggers out of the blue. Even sending a nice writing sample could backfire. Do you have any idea how many requests some active blogs get daily? A lot.

So start by commenting on the blog that you want to guest post for. Leave thoughtful comments. Soon you'll get to the point where the author gets to know you. At this point in time you might want to consider submitting a guest post.

contentdiva, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  18. Aromo

Aromo Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the best advice. IT is the best way to build up a list.
    You should place an offer into your thank you page where you try to sell some cheap product or service. $7-10 prices converts best. The product/service must be related to the free stuff you give away for subscribers.

Aromo, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  19. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey, I could give some tips to you in here,
    Give priority to new things that you want to do, For new sign ups-get emails, take a look at social sign ups as fb or twitter likes, to a shortcode get lots of ESPs as Lots of ESPs offer the ability to rent a shortcode..Good luck to you.

Bigbash, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  20. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What it sounds like you're looking for is a map. While everyone can give you tactics to build your email list the best way to get started is to get started. Test, fail, test, fail and test some more until you have one email address and then two and...

I used to look for the formula for everything too but then I started reading Seth Godin's blog and I read his free ebook idea virus, then I bought Permission Marketing and finally read Linchpin. They all taught me that I don't need a formula and the industrial revolution along with my education is why I think I do.

If you want to build an effective email list you'll have to have a better intent than simply trying to make money from them. If that's your intent then it will surely fail, your goal should be to give your subscribers something so valuable that they will demand that you give them more.

I know it sounds like an impossible task but until you change your strategy you'll end up with people marking your email's as spam. Check out any of Seth Godin's videos on Youtube or just read his blog and you'll see how to become indispensable to your email list or anyone you market to.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    ArchAxis, Jan 26, 2013 IP