1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Seo Dead? A 2013 Update...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by WorkWithMorgan, Jan 22, 2013.

Now, the nerdy, analytical side me likes some aspects of SEO. Hell, as of this moment, I can even rank on the first page of Google in less than 7 minutes for some long-tail keywords with less than 500 global monthly searches or so pretty consistently (I can teach you how to do this, it's not hard).

But beyond that is seems to be a constant game of a mouse chase with the mouse (Google) is constant making it more and more difficult to PROFITABLY invest the time required to MAINTAIN organic SERPs.

There's a bunch of ways to get free traffic beyond playing this SEO game with Google and then there's just driving paid traffic instead from sources other than Google.

What's your thoughts?

WorkWithMorgan, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO, as it is typically defined around here, has been dead for about 5 years. At least....

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. Bauss

Bauss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dead, and many webmasters forget that Google isn't the only search engine. There has always been ways to get traffic outside of SEO, but search engine traffic helps you get targetted traffic for free, and that's why SEO will never be dead.

SEO will always be changing, but quality content will never change, and that's really what search engines want is sites with good content.

Bauss, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. Mr.Coe

Mr.Coe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL, I can't tell you how many times I see post like these.

SEO isn't dead and it well never die as longs as search engines exist.

Even though I have moved on to social traffic. You have more control over it.

Mr.Coe, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  5. temp2

temp2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you mean Google, Bing, Yahoo are dying? SEO is not when they lives

how can you find some references, documentaries, technical supports, ... without searching? Go to FB, post your question then wait for replies? till when you'll have right answer?

temp2, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you think SEO is dead, you are so far out of the game to succeed. Everyone right now, is currently doing whatever they can to rank, which shows its very much alive.

James Byun, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will clarify my position by submitting that..... link wheels, blog commenting, forum posts or anything of that ilk, typically offered in the services section, is not SEO in the first place, hence dead. Or, for lack of more amusing vernacular, utterly useless.

The art of getting folks to pay for bullshit is in fact alive and well though. People being stupid or not caring about their brand is like hominids having sex. It won't stop, ever.

That people engage in or buy into linkwheels for instance, is an entirely different animal. And NOT SEO.
    Nigel

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Nigel Lew, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  8. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will ever be dead, SEO just keeps on growing everyday, what works for me, is that content is still number one.

lesa mitchell, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  9. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seo is not dead.but it's getting very competitive.:)

ushahm, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  10. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i too think so, Its not get dead, Its become more and more competitive to avoid influence of spammers.

karthick9, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  11. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is certainly not dead. While there are now other ways to promote your site, it still pays to rank in the SERPs for your site's target keywords. You'd want to make sure to explore all the ways to get traffic to your site and reach your target audience through various mediums.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  12. fallen.star

fallen.star Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paid seo can be dead but an organic seo never dies.

fallen.star, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. Traffic_Masters

Traffic_Masters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My thoughts are it takes more work to get on the first page and stay there, you cant just order 10,000 backlinks and expect to get anywhere.

the key is anchor diversity - using mostly brand names, url combination and a small percentage on money keywords.

Its not dead but it is a pain, I personally prefer to use media buys and out source my seo with the profits from that. That's just me tho I like to be able to turn targeted traffic on / off without waiting on google

Traffic_Masters, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  14. emvy548

emvy548 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not dead. It is alive but no one knows where it lives and how it looks like.

emvy548, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  15. pari Shah

pari Shah Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO is deal For Spammer Who make backlinks Through Auto tools but For Real SEO's Still Happy Google update effect on spammers and help full for white hat seo's

pari Shah, Jan 23, 2013 IP