1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback "established Member" Requirement For Trading ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by unity100, Jan 21, 2013.

I have been a member for some time, have done numerous transactions, have totally positive feedback from all these transactions, but now, i cant post any thread for buying or selling in any of the marketplace forums.

It says 'you need to be an established member', and for that to happen i need 3 established members to LIKE what i post.

I am at a loss. is my participation in buying/selling/trading depends on some number of other people liking what i post ? the relevance for that is, what, exactly ?

is this a bug or a feature ? should i go somewhere else to buy/sell/trade ?

unity100, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a feature now made to create a better and safer environment for both sellers and buyers here at Digital Point. You have two options:
    1. Post high quality content and earn the three likes (not that hard)
    2. Buy premium membership and post in marketplace straight away.
    That is just the way it is from now on I am afraid. In the long term it will work out better, but for a while it may not settle in as well with other members.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. unity100

unity100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    buying & selling does not have any relevance with people liking/approving others' posts. i may hate your guts and what you post, but you may be a good trader.

ha, this is more understandable. it was made as something to bring in revenue for the site. this is more logical than the 'make other people like your posts to be able to do something irrelevant' item.

well that is too bad then. not only an absurd approach - except for monetization logic - but also it has a major flaw : lets say i bought premium membership and i can easily trade. what about the plethora of previously contributing members/traders which participate from 3rd world countries ? the countries which create most of the content ? monthly subscription in dollars will be a sizeable amount for them. so basically now i wont be finding many people whom i traded with, in the trade forum because site has such a policy right now. then the potential value of my premium membership goes way down - i have it, others dont, there is less business.

anyway thanks for letting me know what happened. ill go and look for other webmaster communities to do trade in. have a nice day.

4. Mark The Bull

Mark The Bull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No sir you don't have to go anywhere just stick with us, start posting some good content and helpful resources in other areas of forum just like this one if any of 3 known dp members likes your posts, whom already have established membership then after 3 likes and 48 hours since your last login time you will also have rights to create threads in new marketplace area
    Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Mark The Bull, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest I understand his frustration/unhappiness with the new system however that is just because it is new and some people do not adapt straight away. I am sure people will prefer it much more when more people become established and can notice the content posted.

If he wants to leave he can, one member isn't going to harm to existence of DP to be fair so yeah.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  6. unity100

unity100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Mark, thank you, but i have no interest in pursuing favor of some other people to be able to do something irrelevant to being liked or disliked ; trading.

this is not 'frustration' with some new policy. its the result of the irrelevance in between the like/dislike status of a person in a random community and their BUSINESS standing.

which have NO relevance. there have been people whom everyone hated their guts because of their political, technical, or radical views, yet everyone did business with them because the former traits and business are two different things. i dont need to like you or your posts or your views on life, coding or technicalities in order to want or not want to buy a website of yours which you may be selling.

the only thing which affects buying/selling is the reliability and trust of the person AS A TRADER. not his social traits. i dont care about your world views or great personality if i am going to have you do coding work on my sites or buy something off of you - the only thing which i would care would be what is your standing as TRADER is.

anyway i will not pointlessly draw out this thread. as i said, ill look at some other forums after this point. i wish you people a nice evening.

7. kajakske

kajakske Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed this too when I wanted to sell a website recently.
    Been a member for like 7 years, but I guess new windws bring new policies, nothing wrong with them.

When I looked at my profile, I did notice I already have 2 likes somehow, never noticed it. I guess it will also make the likes more useful ...

kajakske, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    All you'll have on here now is people brown nosing in attempts to get likes or best answers. Can't even see an option to like posts, and can't post in the link sales forum either, which is what i used on here.

jimmyn115, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. Mark The Bull

Best Answers:
    Jimmy only a member who has established membership n 3 likes can see like option in each thread, post or profile page n dont worry u have already got likes so pretty soon you will be able to see it
    To check who is establish member just click on trophy points n if u see a trophy for established member then you will have access to link sale forum just like earlier

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  10. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is very easy to get 3 likes.
    Honestly quality of a post cannot measured by a like for that post. If I need 3 likes I will definitely target few sub forums. They are Reviews forum and Domain Appraisal forum. I will post a positive review even the real review is a negative one or I will post appraise a higher amount though the domain doesn't worth that much. Most probably the OP will like such posts. So If you have a little bit of brain you can get those 3 likes easily. :D
    Therefore the measuring a quality of a post by a like is not practical with this like system. I still prefer the older method.

dumindushalika, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. mobilelover

mobilelover Greenhorn

Best Answers:

yah, i agree with you. I also prefer older method because new system only attract new members to get likes from established members. Definitely, established members receive some pm. For example, like my post etc.

mobilelover, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    O.k. let's just say for the sake of argument that you are right, everyone starts "brown nosing". Gee everyone starts being more diplomatic, more congenial, more helpful, a bit more polite etc.....less dissension and fighting. What could be worse huh?

Spoiltdiva, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the great feature by Digital point forum. This will make more improvement in quality and standard of some specific section of forum like buying/selling/trading. If you have really some worth knowledge of Internet Marketing than there should not be issue to write quality content to related other forums and get likes.

onlypmme, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to say that from now on, DP will attract less traffic and members. Even buyers have to be a established member to post their requirement. This has never been seen in any other forum.

I am going to find some other marketplace for buying and selling my services.

Bestservices4u, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. Mark The Bull

Best Answers:
    Dear,

You already have 2 Likes and You are already very active member, since you have joined DP, Just keep posting Good content in Various section and you will become Established Member pretty soon without any hurdle.

Whatever has been done here is just for us and to provide us better community and marketplace. This is only my suggestion final decision is yours.

Regards

16. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds boring.
    Yeah i know how it works, just questioning why it's changed.

Gonna have to go around filling the forum with needless posts now before i can carry on doing what i come on here to do!

Could be better in the long run, i suppose.

jimmyn115, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  17. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fairly certain that won't get you many likes... which is the whole point of the new system... all you need is one good post. Quality > quantity.

digitalpoint, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  18. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    i have 3 likes but i am not able to established yet why. i not worry as per rule i can set signature but not yet is anything wrong here.

ashokdhan, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  20. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    i got my answer from "Malky". one most important thing on DP like.
    Some point you always honest on these points ( sorry for my english )
    1. Keep post good and valuable information.
    2. Do not ask to someone like or best answer this not in rule and not in humanity.
    3. Help some one to resolve problems because we are here to resolve problems and solutions.
    4. if your are hungry for likes ask some one to like DP will ban you. means you are count as spammer.

ashokdhan, Aug 30, 2014 IP