1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seo Is Dead - Because Google Wants It To Be Dead!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SebastianGray, Jan 21, 2013.

Has the thought ever crossed your mind, that the only thing google is really interested in is serving its users fitting results from its own services? Why would Google actually care about how many backlinks you have or how many visitors you get if all they want is earn - and believe me that's exactly the ONLY thing they want!
    Of course to keep their front up they will still crawl the web for new or updated pages and of course they will still somehow rank them somewhere, but we all know that the most important spot ist Googles first page in the serps - everything else can only hope to get a few trickles of traffic at best! BUT, take a look at the average first Page for a random keyword:

[​IMG]

what you ultimately get is spot #6... IF you can get "#1-ranking". The simple truth is, Google prefers its own services over natural rankings. I will give you an example:

Yesterday I created a new blogger-account with google, during this process I also quickly completed my obligatory google+ profile WITHOUT adding any friends! I didn't post any links, didn't promote the completely new blog - as a matter of fact I didn't do anything else than write ONE article about newbies getting scewered in the IM-niche and published the update on my completely empty G+ Profile... The result was this:

[​IMG]

Now what do you think would happen if I did a simple search on Google+ for IM-Groups and added some friends, then shared my blog update? If I get 26 views with a single article, no SEO and a G+ account without a single friend, what would I do if I shared with a horde of interested people? Btw. the article was about the keyword earn money online, internet marketing, etc so a lot of very competitive keywords I can't hope to rank even on page 100 with a fresh blog! still I got 22 views on my first day...

Ok let's keep going and think about what would have happened if I actually created a youtube video about my topic with a link to my blog in the description and used vagex to push it up in youtube-ranks... Did you see the youtube-vids killing the #1 ranking above?

Of course you can use googles monetization systems like adsense too to earn from your blog - the result would be you are using a total of 4 of googles services that get you pampered by the big G, AND you do something that earns Google money... You can bet your site will get more and more visitors from google as you keep posting new stuff to your blog!

I hope I got some of your creative juices flowing, please post your ideas on which google-services could be used as well to be pampered even more by Google^^ after all we all love to get some love from Google, right^^

SebastianGray, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. PinoyEngine™

PinoyEngine™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PinoyEngine™, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google are running a business so honestly it is not a surprise to see this happen. I dislike it personally but I understand why they do it, businesses need a profit the best they can. If you could make money in another way, would you? I sure would.

That been said, there is still a lot to be had from SEO, it is not just Google when it comes to SEO and even then Google can still offer a lot, there is just a massive challenge against it. SEO will never be dead in my opinion.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. SebastianGray

SebastianGray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The articles you mention are about google being sued for intentionally pushing a competing SE-provider down the SERPS just because it was competing with Googles SE. It is not about google favouring it's own services! A few years ago there was indeed some company that tried to sue google for putting its adwords advertisments before the number 1 ranking the company held - and lost... You have to differentiate between these two cases ;) since the latter is completely legal since then.

Of course you are perfectly right RoachBlogger. Although SEO is usually primarily thought of with Google in mind because it holds the greatest marketshare, there are indeed yahoo and bing and a couple less known SE's you can use, however the top rankings in yahoo are only aquired by paying for them and the whole SEO ideas that float around the web are aimed at Google since noone bothered checking how the others rank their results...
    Still there is the way of using SEO on Google if you just find a keyword that has no youtube videos or adwords-campaigns on them - and they would be highly profitable because you could rank #1 with a single vid and a couple of views on them!

5. PinoyEngine™

Best Answers:
    Then I put the wrong links. But I read an article that UK sued Google for the "issue-you-are-talking-about". Just google it.

Sorry, I just paste the first 2 links I get from Google. :)

6. SebastianGray

SebastianGray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ^^ no problem, I might have missed that one, but the fact remains, that google currently prefers its own services and will give you easy views with barely any work involved to your blog ;) Would be stupid to not use that until google actually has to change how they work (although I doubt that will happen... Google is just too powerful, financially and in terms of having the best lawyers available)

7. PinoyEngine™

Best Answers:
    All you can do is curse them.
    As long as everybody uses Google,
    we have no choice but to "dogly" follow wherever it goes.

8. speed.seo

speed.seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "SEO IS DEAD" we've all heard this statement over the years. Read this http://searchengineland.com/infographic-the-death-of-seo-135068

SEO will never be dead a long as Search Engines Exist. SEO is must for a Website to make it presentable and professional. SEO for a site is just like preparing your Resume for interview.
    You can use white hat techniques and google wont dislike you. You can hear this from Mat Cutts himself

speed.seo, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. dataguru

dataguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you provide some services then you always want that your services always get priority !!!!! Google is doing the same and it will always remain !!!!!!!! But you can't say SEO is dead without SEO there is no competition in entire market and then Google productivity also get effected..... Now a days SEO is just like a backbone in Web marketing... Just remove it and see what happens !!!!!!!

dataguru, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  10. linksboy

linksboy Member

Best Answers:
    As a regulator, google doesn't want it place becomes spammer place. But maybe google said something based on panda and penguin policy.

"Guys...better you use Adwords rather than SEO technique" :p

linksboy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. SebastianGray

SebastianGray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    interesting video ;) however it only mentions whitehat SEO and only on-page stuff like keyword-optimizing content and urls of your site or making it crawlable or faster. What most people associate with SEO is the Off-page part where you go posting your links to get ranked, and as you can see when Google slaps you again from your ranking for link-building to your site, they don't really think it's "OK"^^ And that's all you can hear from Mat Cutts himself...

first of all the part about services getting priority is correct! however there is a difference about SEO as we understand it (artificially) and the natural SEO that happens when others find your Site and share it with others by posting links or mentioning it in social media. What I meant was that the "artificial" SEO is dead, and yes that is only meant for Google-rankings. If you took the artificial SEO away that would only change the SERPS-ranking, giving you the sites first that are actually really interesting for most people and not the sites that have spent the most on SEO-services in the past ;)
    That's, sadly, spot on - and it won't get better but only worse as google takes over all the markets...

Let me say this once more: The purpose of my post was not to degrade SEO but to show you that it has become too hard to even rank and even this one is pushed away by google from the very top! Also it was meant to give you an alternative that actually improves your IM-efforts ;) So don't try to defend SEO because that wasn't really the point of this whole thread!

12. SebastianGray

SebastianGray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Or use social media ftw^^

13. seovidya

seovidya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    SEO is dead, so many articles has been came, and it has proved,
    If we are doing white hat seo, it is having more value.

seovidya, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SEO (search engine optimization) is certainly not dead. In fact, the ultimate SEO is being done by Google itself! They are a search engine, and they are trying daily to optimize it. The more you can make your web design and content to be consistent with their "SEO", the better you will rank.

And it's certainly not true that they are always putting all kinds of Google-favoring results ahead of ours. I just ran searches for five of my commonly-used keyword phrases, and all five landed in the top five of Google's first page. Some were #1.

Jim4767, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is true, SEO is dead in a lot of ways. Now it's about attracting links naturally.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  16. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say SEO would be really dead if :
    1. Google removed page rank algorythm.
    2. Backlinks are no longer used to determine a sites power over serp.

But I think to change it's algorythm by now, it's quite impossible. It might take several years to change it IMO.

MIYABI, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  17. shophia

shophia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that SEO is dead, after panda and penguin update google strict about spamming and paid links. so its time to need smart work. google panda and penguin regularly updated with new strategy so its time to doing smart work. If you follow google guidelines than you are surely get the best results.

shophia, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  18. SebastianGray

SebastianGray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well i did mention that there is an exception if you target keywords that have no adwords campaigns or youtube videos with enough views to show on googles SE! On-page SEO is of course also still working, but it will only be good to get you a better "initial" ranking, page one was reached in the past by spamming the backlinks as if there was no tomorrow, that's why google penalizes these efforts nowadays whenever it sees this.

19. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion SEO process not dead actually its become more complicated after certain updates done by Google. The methodology which Google indicate is more harder to stop the spammer to enter in. And one thing is true that Google also need money. So they giving more importance for PPC

karthick9, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  20. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    Which is SEO....

jimmyn115, Jan 22, 2013 IP