1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you make money with squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dscurlock, Jan 18, 2013.

Two weeks I had my first squidoo lens created, it was my first, and it was not very good, it was boring, it was bland,
    and it really had nothing to offer, so how easy/hard is it to keep a lens ranked in squidoo; two weeks later, my lens is off the grid now.

I keep hearing stories about people making money using squidoo, but if these guys have like 200+
    lens, then how in the hell are they able to keep every one of them ranked long enough to even pay off?

regardless of how good or bad the lens is, just like anything things else, i assume it will start
    falling in ranking right away, less if it is somewhat popular, but nothing stays in search engines
    forever, so i am curious if these guys have 200-500+ then how are they able to keep them in the green?

dscurlock, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  2. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    People make money from squidoo, from affiliate marketing, or ppc. They also continue doing SEO, for the squidoo lens that they do.

James Byun, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  3. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Really never tried making money with squidoo lenses.

dimitarang, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  4. bothewebguy

bothewebguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Several ways to make money with Squidoo - even by helping others with Squidoo
    I can tell you the big bucks requires a lot of time spent on Squidoo and having a lot of friends doing Squidoo to help share and create the traffic.

bothewebguy, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  5. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that the more squidoo pages you have, the more traffic you get, because they get ranked better in squidoos own search system - I know that's how it works with hubpages at least. For the most part, these lens owners are driving traffic to their pages through other means - such as sharing them through facebook or pinterest for example. SEO is not responsible for all of it.

higherluv, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  6. noodlemanc

noodlemanc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You don't need 200+ lenses to make a decent amount of money on Squdioo. I only have 4 lenses and I pull $100 a month. My best lens has made be $400 so far :)

noodlemanc, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thats cool; I am not saying i need 200 lens; I was saying others have 100-200-500 lens...
    regardless, i would imagine if people had 100-500 lens, then they are making good beer money...
    (by the case beer money, not by the bottle)
    I suppose you never know what one lens can do, it can turn out to be a dud, or one
    lens can be your best money maker, just think if you had 20 good money making lens....

dscurlock, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  8. bothewebguy

bothewebguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Having 200 lenses is not a bad thing - unless all of them are not doing anything - if you have 200, hopefully you have some tier 1s.. at least some tier 2s - I have noticed accounts that have over 100 lenses with hardly any in even tier 3... that's a lot of lenses that are obviously not generating anything. That person has either given up or wasting a lot of time. A Tier 1 lens paid about $69.53 just for being Tier 1 - a lot of lenses in Tier 1 also get amazon sales. Tier 2 paid 11.82.. then Tier 3 paid $0.59.. Of course it wouldn't be a bad thing to have 100 in Tier 3 - that would pay some hosting fees and services.. the work to keep those lenses in Tier 3 is probably not worth the effort for most people. It depends on what you are making from your efforts now and what you are willing to do. $100/month for 4 lenses is pretty good - probably more than a lot of aspiring affiliate marketers are making right now.

bothewebguy, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  9. dronehawk

dronehawk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience, squidoo works well with Product reviews. I am satisfied with what Iam getting in Amazon through squidoo lens

dronehawk, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  10. bothewebguy

bothewebguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To make the big money from Squidoo, you have t be very active and dedicate hours to Squidoo everyday. I know some people at the top that spend 6-8 hours a day on squidoo.

bothewebguy, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  11. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not you are checking out squidoo for it? They have lots of articles about making money their. Creating lenses, writing articles, sharing videos, adding photos, adding an RSS feed from your blog, adding your Twitter feed, adding your favorite links, and a lot more. I can suggest you to read a squidoo article too -
    http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-money-with-squidoo

jipolis7, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  12. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I kow it could be done by article writing, video sharing, Adding RSS feed from own blog and many more. sharing content by being on the top one could make money.

Bigbash, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I imagine they have some sort of automated system set up that markets their lenses, probably some kind of software.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. ChrisRey

ChrisRey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you build your Squidoo lens, you will have to add modules; some of these are text, photos or other such as polls or even video which will bring your lens to life while adding valuable content, others are affiliate modules such as Amazon, EBay, and CafePress. If you are not yourself an affiliate of these websites, you can still use these modules; you may not make much money from these on a single lens, but if you want to avoid signing up to a lot of affiliate programs and still earn money from them, these modules are well worth adding to your lens.

ChrisRey, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  15. Dada1988

Dada1988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried to make money with Squidoo, ,how to do it?

Dada1988, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  16. Maxsun

Maxsun Peon

Best Answers:
    What people are looking for when visiting squidoo lenses are valuable information. For you to earn money like what others do is to think of an outstanding content that people will like reading, learn from it and can gain knowledge. If you accomplished this, your traffic will increased as well as your income.

Maxsun, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  17. sportsurebet

sportsurebet Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow do you masters

sportsurebet, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  18. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think making money out of Squidoo depends on the niche. Research and find keywords, then write articles, put amazon and ebay links, add some videos, pictures and share it on Facebook, Google+, Pin, and start commenting on other people's lens. I have done many lenses for many people in the past. I have seen some of the lens I made earned $12 in one shot. I checked out how it made that money and found that someone, just one viewer, brought some product off my lens via Amazon. Just keep on making lens and this is what I am doing this year for myself now.

Cheers!

digitalduke, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  19. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do have a question; I recently purchased 10 lens, and i asked him where do i change my amazon/ebay ids, etc, and his reply was "you do not need too" I thought this was odd, this is how amazon/ebay gives you credit for any sales, and i do not recall setting any ids into squidoo, so how do I insure that I will get paid via amazon/ebay sales? I have been looking all over lens, and I can not find
    any location for amazon/ebay ids, any ideas what I need to look for? I would like to know that I am getting paid, and not the one that sold me the lens....

yep, i sure see his id-20 in my links, but I am not sure how to change out...

dscurlock, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  20. jamescastle

jamescastle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If they are on your account you're safe, no worries. Did you get my PM?

jamescastle, Jan 23, 2013 IP