1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Not To Get Ghosted On CraigsList ??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mustang^Viper, Sep 23, 2012.

Hey everyone,

Quick question here, does anyone have any tips or strategies for not getting ghosted on CraigsList ?!?!

Thanks in advance for all replies !!!!

Mustang^Viper, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's hard to beat craigslist's ghosting methods. Nobody really knows how it works for sure, except the craigslist's staff. Sometimes people post legit ads and yet they still get ghosted. If you post an ad in your city, in the right category from an IP address that is from that city your ads will probably never be ghosted. If you post ads using an ad posting software or if you post them in wrong categories they will be probably either blocked or ghosted every single time. There's no way around this.

Also, from what I understand, the more basic and down-to-earth your ad is, the less likely it is to be ghosted. Don't use HTML, don't copy and paste ads, make your ads unique and different every time you post them.

You may want to check out the craigslist's help desk and ask questions there how and where to post ads without experiencing problems: https://forums.craigslist.org/?forumID=9

qwikad.com, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  3. andlosek

andlosek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Avoiding Craigslist ghosting is really tough.Thus I share some of my experience.
    Don't post same ads in different cities.Change their title and also make some change inside the ads.
    When you are trying to post in multiple cities must change your IP address.In this way a good VPN can work for you.
    After posting an Ad wait minimum 10 minutes before posting another one. Not fact you are posting manually or using software.The basic is that Craigslist doesn't like to post ads from same IP within 10 minutes.
    For a single PVA try to use same IP every time you post.Posting from multiple IP for a PVA can encourage Craigslist for further verification.

andlosek, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  4. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    HOWEVER, you might not have done them correctly. For example, how do you know the PRIVATE proxies you got are not re-used by another user who got blocked by CL before? I don't know where you got your PRIVATE proxies from, but you can start narrowing down each factor and slowly identify the issues.

Craigslist is quite tricky. If everyone covers up the basics and then able to post so easily, then we wouldn't be scratching our heads all the time now, would we?

There are much more to do and strategies applied, than just meeting the basic requirements. Good luck.

war_machine, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  5. ivan77

ivan77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've posted multiple ads and they have not been ghosted. I did make each one unique, which is the key.

ivan77, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  6. Mustang^Viper

Mustang^Viper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies, based on my research it seems like these are great tips and there are many more tricks to not getting ghosted. Including not using html (mentioned above) , not posting a link, posting from certain ips and varying your posting to different categories and cities, these all seem to make a big difference when it comes to not getting ghosted :)

Mustang^Viper, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  7. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it takes time to get used to craigslist new updates. You are better off hiring a service to do bulk postings for you at a cheap rate. They buy IP solutions and multiple PVA's to ensure ads stick.

TheDuke2011, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  8. wasirenan22

wasirenan22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not getting ghosted takes some time to learn. I do not think there is a simple answer for you.

It depends on what your are putting in your post title and your post body.

I found I would get ghosted the most if I posted to many series symbols in a title.
    ex: <<<<<((((((BUY MY STUFF)))))>>>>>

Or if you are using the same title and just changing the ad body.

You have to go back to your ghosted ads and see if you can find a common error.

wasirenan22, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  9. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    The above response is not necessarily true. I have been posting for years now and my company is well respected and is known for using the proper techniques to getting ads to stick. Ads get ghosted 90% of the time due to not using the right phone numbers for that area you are posting in. That is why you hear of all of these companies posting for businesses. For an example, I post in 300 different cities for my clients and I use around 300 PVA's (Personal Verified Accounts) which are registered using a U.S phone number. If your posting multiple ads in different areas, you can't just post the same exact ad with similar body text or titles. It takes a while to actually get this down. Using Phone numbers that are from that area give you a better chance of not ghosting at all. If you are posting large amounts at a certain time, posts also tend to get ghosted but like I said, It is all about IP solutions and PVA's. I manage around 25 + clients and we have about a 95% success rate because we use these tactics along with tricks I can't disclose. But you will sometimes randomly get flagged and ghosted for reasons no one really knows. But thanks to a solid client base which are happy with results, I am able to redo these ads free of charge. Anyway, I recommend you use a service that is American based and knows what they are doing. No one will give out there secrets because there are plenty of them, you basically have to learn on yourself and test the waters. If you want some help, get a hold of me. I own a very trusted company and I could help your business out if that is what you are posting for in the first place. I have the best deals around plus I am reliable unlike foreign services. Hope this information helps!

TheDuke2011, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just had to quit usin craigslist because of that stupid crap :)

ninjamtlt1, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  11. Sophia G

Sophia G Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone, I'm confused. I haven't tried Craigslist yet because I keep hearing it's so hard to do. I thought I read something in this thread about only posting in the city associated with your telephone number. Is that true? There's no way to post in different cities around the country using my phone number?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Sophia

Sophia G, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  12. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sophia, I'm no CL guru either, and in fact I'm not even in the USA, but I can tell you that having done a bit of research on this over the last few weeks, I'm heading towards finding someone who can post on my behalf. I see a few sites offering to do this, and have sent off for info. Seems like I need to start learning a whole lot about changing IP addresses, clearing caches, don't post within 10 minutes etc etc. I bet someone out there has an up to date book they're selling to get around all this - I'd buy it, but I'd guarantee that by Christmas it'll be out of date and parts of it no longer valid.

What's up with CL?? I can understand they need to keep spammers away, but if they carry on like this, people (like me) will start looking elsewhere to place ads. I've found one site which looks OK, and there's nothing like the rubbish going on over at Craigslist - unfortunately, I'll probably have to post 10 times as much to get similar results.

So if anyone can help me - I'm looking to to some basic testing in the services ads - not many initially, until I know what's working and whats not.

PM me if you're interested in building a CL posting (maybe Backpage too) relationship.

Bayliss, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  13. Sophia G

Sophia G Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Bayliss,

In addition to the other suggestions here, check out fiverr.com. They offer any number of services, including creating images and ads for CL as well as posting services for a very small fee.

Thanks for the reply!

Best wishes,

Sophia

Sophia G, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  14. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ???Thanks for the URL Sophia G, and a Merry Christmas to everyone.

I'm interested in testing Craigslist to find what works and what doesn't, one thing I keep coming up against is the IP situation - from this post and others, looks like posting from the same IP "reduces" the chance of getting Ads banned or Ghosted.

I've just downloaded a VPN trial (hotspotshield.com), but there's no way I can decide what IP address I want to use. Are there reliable programs out there which will do this securely?

Thanks

Bayliss, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  15. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    Use the search function in THIS forum. Look for my posts about CL and the ghosting algorithm.

Elfen Lied, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  16. craigslistlive

craigslistlive Peon

Best Answers:
    There are lot of issues in craigslist for being ghosted. You can't say what is the reason specifically. craigslist doesn't focus on all factor at a time, they want you to become puzzled, so they focus on one issue today and if you are filtered with that issue you will be ghosted and flagged, but if you can pass that issue on that time your all ads will be live. I found one day in service section about 47 ads in one city, one category which were 100% identical, so how could he posted them? because that day craigslist didn't focused on the issue of identical ads. it is one of the top reason in the field of ghosting and flagging issue.

I am providing craigslist posting service only for service section and consultation. My 90% ads become live for maximum period, i mean 40-45 days and i renew them after 48 hours. i charge same cost for new ads and renewal ads because it costs me the same as new ad. In a word there are no strict solution for those issue, it's dynamic.

Regards,
    Craigslistlive

craigslistlive, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  17. hasnain69

hasnain69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many cause of ghosted and flagging. Now a days craiglist frequently flag all ads. So We need to post frequently. Also you will get good live result if make unique every post and not more then 20 post in sale section, not more then 3 ads service section as well as limited posting with every pva.

hasnain69, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  18. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never seen a "ghosting" to work, an actually "ad being live" and if it is, it usually doesnt stick. So my advice, would be get your friends on this, and have them post and tweak your "ad".

James Byun, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  19. JoeSlade

JoeSlade Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you have a service that you recommend? I've seen some that are pretty bad out there.

JoeSlade, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  20. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with that, I seen so many people waste time & money.

James Byun, Jan 14, 2013 IP