1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Create the News Sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by umeedngo, Jan 3, 2013.

Hello Everyone,

I want to create the sitemap of my news website. which is http://www.punjabnewsline.com/

please suggest me to create it . it has been having more than 1000 pages .. do i need to use some software for this or not.

umeedngo, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hi umeedngo.
    I believe there are two type of sitemap.
    1. Page sitemap, containing list of links on the site. Good for navigation.
    2. Sitemap meant for Search Engine Consumption.
    I thought you were asking about the second sitemap.
    For wordpress and other CMS, there is a plugin that will automate the process on creating good news sitemap. News sitemap is different than regular sitemap and the plugins create it based on Search Engine criteria.
    Wordpress SEO has news sitemap support with add on module called News Sitemap. News Sitemap from other publisher also available in plugins directory.
    Use one of them and try it by yourself to judge which one is the best.
    Hope it answer your question clearly. If it isn't, I believe others will help you as with more useful answer.

Arick

Arick unirow, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  3. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many requirements of new sitemaps, e.g. you need to retrieve a publisher name from Google. (And new sitemaps can only contain recent articles meaning you need to automate sitemap tools like e.g. A1 Sitemap Generator or find a WordPress/CMS plugin)

websitetools, Jan 5, 2013 IP