1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get highly-targeted traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tac88, Dec 28, 2012.

Hey,

What's up! I hope everything is well with everyone.

If you've got a minute, I've got another great tip I'd like to share with you. It has to do with "mind-reading".

Here's what I mean:

When writing content online, whether it's for your blog, article websites, or whatever, the best thing you can do is talk about a subject that people are just dying to know about. Wouldn't it be cool if you knew exactly what people were complaining about, or needed help on, so you could be the one to give them the answers?

Of course!

Now, you're probably thinking that I'm going to say something like, "Ask your audience what they want to hear", which is definitely something you should do. But, what if you don't have an audience? Or, what if you do, but they're shy or just don't respond very much?

Then asking them won't do any good, will it? Here's my little strategy for finding out exactly what people in your niche want to know about, so when you finally publish your blog post, your articles or whatever, it will be like you're reading their minds. Here's what to do:

1. In whatever niche you're in, look for forums where people in your niche get together. The best way to do this is to go into Google and type:

forum:niche

So for example, for the fly fishing niche, you'd type in:

forum:fly fishing (make sure you type in "forum", and not "forums").

Google will give you a huge list of all the top forums in the niche, usually ordered by popularity.

2. Go into one of the forums, and look for a search tool, or a search field that will let you search for certain terms that people have written in the forum posts. Some forums allow visitors or guests to perform searches without registering, while others require you to register first.

You might as well register anyways, since it's only the place where more of your audience hangs out, right? Rocking it in a forum and becoming an authority there to feed your website is a whole different story. Anyways, I digress...

3. In the search field, type in some the following terms and see what you come up with:

• "advice about"
    • "I hate it when"
    • "I need help with"
    • "can anyone help me"
    • "I'm looking for"
    • "really bad"
    • "desperate for"
    • "can't find"
    • "have no clue"
    • "newbie"
    • "question about"
    There's a number of other terms that you can search for that all fit the same kind of idea, but I think you understand what's going on here.

When you search for these terms (note: you may also have to fill out one of those spam captcha letter verification thingies too), more than likely you're going to get a series of forum threads that have someone in need of something.

...and there's your next blog post. Or, and there's your next eBook. The possibilities are endless of what you can find hidden in these forums, but if you really want to become an authority in your niche, you're going to have to give the masses exactly what they want to see, and this is one way to do it, even before you have a blog running.

When I search through the fly fishing forums, for example, here are some of the things I found:

Threads that were named:

• A Newb With Some Questions
    • Spey / Switch Need Help
    • Need Advice About Sages (I don't know what sages are)
    • Rod Sensitivity vs. Long Casting
    • Questions on Building a Fly Rod
    How awesome is that?

And this was just from one of the terms. Some terms may offer no results, while with others you may strike gold.

And here's a bonus tip: If the threads you find were relatively recent, you can write a blog post or article specifically addressing the need or the problem, and then go into the thread itself as a user and give a brief answer/solution, and then link to your article for more information.

That's instant (highly-targeted) traffic.

Sweet!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this Secret Methods To Get High Traffic".

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks again! Cheers!
    TBone

tac88, Dec 28, 2012 IP
    zebrathemes likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. Would be interesting to give it a try!

qwikad.com, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  3. zebrathemes

zebrathemes Active Member

Best Answers:

"Forum:niche" is awsome..............I really wanting to give it a try...................

zebrathemes, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  4. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, good to know about it.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  5. jamyhoster

jamyhoster Peon

Best Answers:
    Subject and only that subject in which you have full command.

jamyhoster, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  6. solar2005

solar2005 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot TBone for this post. Anyone interested in getting more traffic should indeed make use of your suggestion.

solar2005, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  7. nawza22

nawza22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I learn somewhere that u can also do like this... " Forum + niche "
    is it same concept? same idea? and same result?

nawza22, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  8. salar456

salar456 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this info :)

salar456, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  9. MihaiStamate

MihaiStamate Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting information. There are also a lot of interesting marketing facts.

MihaiStamate, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  10. AndyLaw

AndyLaw Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice tip about the google.com forum:
    I have used it to find some good forums! thanks!

AndyLaw, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  11. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips for the others to learn from you.

rith, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  12. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    very informative post,i have really enjoyed reading your post. :)

ushahm, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  13. Salon Alure

Salon Alure Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing useful information

Salon Alure, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  14. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the valuable information @tac88. But there are few more thing which i'd like to add.

Publishing your related content onto highly website is another aspect one should always keep in mind. I have seen some of the newbies which get their content (lets say fashion niche) written on some of the finest topics available online but get them publish on health and business websites. It's something like "searching fishes on tree". In short, if the content is not published on the related websites, then it better not to publish them. You can only get a valuable backlink but probability of getting related traffic will again be nil.

cuteboy, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  15. Killswitch Deepak Thakur

Killswitch Deepak Thakur Active Member

Best Answers:
    awesome info, trying it now.

16. webbizsolution

webbizsolution Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best posts on dp forum good luck to all who try it

webbizsolution, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  17. AymanX

AymanX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's Awesome Method, and i really want to put some sweets on it to make it easy for anyone to apply fast :)

Firstly, SEO guys knows that Google don't index a lot of valuable pages, so if you apply the (( Fourm:niche )) method, may get you old discussions
    But you need a new, FRESH discussions that's have people talked about something RIGHT NOW!
    so, one of the best sources to get a target traffic from forums RIGHT NOW is using "omgili"
    It’s so simple and powerful method, will pump a real-time buyers traffic to your sites and affiliate links and also will still pump the traffic for years to come … It’s free set and forget work that will get you buyers on complete autopilot.
    learn a step by step on how to drive FREE traffic using OMGILI : Go To:
    http://direct3s.com/target-traffic-using-omgili

To your success,
    Ayman X.

AymanX, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  18. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's some great content.. Going to add my 2 cents to the bank... I use FindYourForum.com. Great for finding forums in multiple niches..

DennisKnows, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  19. haliiim

haliiim Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi
    If you want to success in affiliate marketing or other type i have a suggestion for you...first you nedd is traffic. The google traffic comes after long time, so you can use what i'm using right now to make money : Earn money in Traffic Exchanges, build your downlines, your mailing lists, viral marketing ebooks without the need of a website, autoresponders or other stuff. You can Grab your Free Ebook contacting me via Email
    p.s: you can make a lot of money if you stick with the system,because it's a viral system.trust me
    I cant post links here because i'm new in the forum, so just send me an Email so i'll sendo you the Free Ebook Link
    Thanks again

haliiim, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  20. rkstech

rkstech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very Informative post, thanks for sharing

If anyone is looking for Party Supplies in Uk, please use the link in my signature

rkstech, Jan 9, 2013 IP