1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Half Of Indexed Links Are Blocked Or Not Selected?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by alvinchua91, Dec 23, 2012.

I have submitted my sitemap sometime ago, but it seems like when I use Google webmasters and check the health of my website, http://www.alvinweightlossguru.com/

I notice that half of the total indexed URLs are like blocked or not selected! I am not using any robots.txt, nor am i doing any blackhat seo, why's this happening to me?

I have been trying to figure out for several weeks but to no avail.

I still am able to rank on page one for some low competition keywords though.

alvinchua91, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could consider doing noindex on your category/archive pages so your sitemaps mainly contain unique content URLs

By the way, there is no "allow" instruction in robots.txt (your file contains that)

websitetools, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  3. alvinchua91

alvinchua91 Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, how do I get rid of all those problems? I am not well versed with robots.txt any help will be greatly appreciated!

alvinchua91, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  4. hammock

hammock Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use robots.txt to block certain unwanted pages from getting indexed. Just google for robots.txt sample files and you will get lot of help.

hammock, Dec 24, 2012 IP