1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transition Away From iTrader...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Sep 17, 2010.

1. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know if I would go through with this. I've seen people with 100+ 100% positive iTrader who had like 2 greens and 15 reds from that Transaction History feedback. The Transaction History feedback doesnt work well how its currently in place. Also going along with the current Transaction History rating, my 1 red (states its unpaid) I actually paid the guy directly its just the system didnt know I paid him. So he ended up giving me a positive iTrader but the damn Transaction History gives me a red unpaid... thats some serious BS.

I would highly recommend leaving iTrader in tact... no point of removing a good and useful tool from the site.

Take some advice from Mr Barkley:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsReWvglK_I

MarcL, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just FYI (in case it wasn't clear), sellers have been gaining instant pay history internally even though you can only see buyer history.

Here's an example of live data in the new system for 5starpix...

[​IMG]

You can able to see how many transactions as a buyer and seller they have been involved in, how many ended up in a refund, dispute, how many were unpaid (as a buyer), how many were paid late, etc. In addition, you can see how many UNIQUE users they have done transactions with as well as the overall dollar amounts (the dollar amounts cap at $10,000... and will just say $10k+ at that point).

Legacy iTrader ratings and percentages are there for historical value (the comments about each and who they were with are not going to be retained). Not sure how long the iTrader ratings will remain there once the new system is live, but probably somewhere around a year, at which point they will be gone for good.

Even though you can't leave written feedback on the Instant Pay transactions now, once migrated to the old system you can retroactively leave feedback comments for all existing Instant Pay transactions. The feedback comments/ratings will show in the "Recent Transaction Feedback" area and the Feedback Rating chart will populate accordingly.

digitalpoint, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Looks great. Legacy iTrader data being shown solves any concern I had that my hard earned reputation would be wiped out.

browntwn, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  4. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So even the legacy score will be removed after a year or just the comments?

Helvetii, Dec 6, 2012 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Comments are gone right away... Legacy score will be removed down the road.

digitalpoint, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  6. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This was announced over 2 years ago , i think thats adequate time for people to sort out their feedback in another form if it was that important to them. You'd think everyone would have enough common sense to protect their own reputation rather than moaning about a couple of statistics disappearing , It doesnt matter if someone has 100 itrader and another person has 1 itraders, I wouldnt stop me from purchasing anything as i would do my due diligence before dealing with them, every now and then you might get caught out for small values but thats life and people with itrader are the ones in the past ive had most issues with.

If this is the highlight of some people's lives.........................well...

Rivmedia, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  7. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tell that to some random guy accross the world your doing business with for the first time and they want you to send the money first.. i want to see some statistics to see if i can trust them or not.

MarcL, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  8. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ive been dealing with "random guys from across the world" for years, i could probably count on two hands the amount of bad egg deals that have happened and the ones that have were low value and only really happened because i did take the care i would normally when doing a deal. Give people an inch and they will take a mile. Using Digital point for any serious transactions and not involving something like escrow is like committing suicide anyway, most of you are moaning because you cant see if someone has successfully made a $10 sale.............

Rivmedia, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  9. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kinda taking it out of context.. of course a high value sale should be escrowed.. but the average transaction at least for me on dp isnt a amount high enough to escrow.

MarcL, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  10. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No but if the value is enough to warrant due diligence for the transaction then a couple of $10 itraders isnt going to make any difference as to if someone is going to scam you or not. Most of the people here with 100+ itraders most likely equate to less than $2000 across all of those itraders, does that honestly give you peace of mind with out doing a bit of background digging ? If so no wonder there is so many people scammed.

Rivmedia, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  11. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh i see.. that does make sense!

MarcL, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  12. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The instant pay system is buggy, doesn't work properly when payment is not done directly, doesn't allow masspay payments, has no protection for buyer and seller and puts both at higher risk of fraud. Lets keep the old itrader, it works well!

DomainMagnate, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  13. CarmaDilday

CarmaDilday Banned

Best Answers:
    CarmaDilday, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  14. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add me to those preferring the i-trader system. It's a more uniform method across several forums for providing an idea of how reliable a seller/buyer is. An idea or ballpark clue is really all most people need, not a full line of stats. As seen with transaction history, that method also doesn't cover all the bases in giving an accurate profile of a member's reputation. Buyers also may have a procedure that doesn't pay by paypal or through DP, so the rep wouldn't be necessarily reflected on the system anyway.

melprise, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Of course it's not going to work if you didn't use it. Have you ever had *anything* work properly when you don't use it? Lol

2. MassPay isn't allowed to be used for purchases anyway... Only for payments for things like employees or commissions.

3. You have all the fraud prevention that is built into PayPal. Speaking of, you want to use MassPay which has *zero* fraud prevention?

If it was used properly and people were never giving fake positive/negative feedback to users for transactions that never happened, then sure... Unfortunately that's not the case.

digitalpoint, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  16. blueink

blueink Member

Best Answers:
    What is going to happen to service providers like me (I provide content)? I don't pay anyone and hence I am never going to use the Instant Pay system myself. I only get paid. Does that mean I will get no rating at all?

blueink, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you don't use Instant Pay for your transactions, correct... You will have no option to get a rating.

digitalpoint, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  18. oxplode

oxplode Member

Best Answers:
    I am soo glad I found this forum and iTrader and had a very good experience using it. I'm mainly just chuffed I haven't got to pay an ebay fee :D.

oxplode, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  19. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But if you get paid through instant pay for your content I believe you will still get feedback as a seller, at least thats what it looks like in the image Shawn posted above.

MarcL, Dec 25, 2012 IP
  20. blueink

blueink Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, that makes sense now.

blueink, Dec 26, 2012 IP