1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap auto generation possible ?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Ar!yaN, Dec 13, 2012.

Hello Friends,

I am using wordpress based website , i generate sitemap using a mod, and submitted to google webmaster , which is around 3 to 4 days back.

Now when i login to webmaster the site map shows the same data that 200 link are submitted and 1 link is indexed.

My question is,

I updated my site on daily bases , lot of posts are made on daily bases, why the sitemap is not updated on google webmaster why its showing the same amount of link submitted ?

Is there any other way to generate sitemap on daily bases auto ? or i need to do it manually and submit again and again ?

Anyone help please ?

Ar!yaN, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  2. Slokix

Slokix Peon

Best Answers:
    How google handles sitemaps ?
    In google webmaster tools, you submit au URL for your sitemap.

In your case, you are using a wordpress module so it may enable a specific URL on your website that display the sitemap in XML when you open that address.
    This is the URL you've submitted to Google.
    This module should be active permanently on your wordpress to be able to publish updates.

Each time google bots are connecting to the sitemap's URL they will retrieve all new content.

To be sur everything is allright, connect to that URL in your browser.
    - If there is nothing, the sitemap module is not working in wordpress
    - If there is the XML file but outdated, please check the wordpress module to confirm it will auto-update
    - If the XML content include all new articles, information is available ! So you've got to check in Google webmaster tools if the URL is correct, and the last connexion date to the sitemap. Everything is logged inside google tools.

Regards,

Slokix, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  3. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can ping the XML sitemap to Google (although they should discover it themselves)

websitetools, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  4. Ar!yaN

Ar!yaN Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you , I followed your 1st link and requested google to add my sitemap.

Lets see what happened.

The problem is eveything is ok, just i need to create sitemap again and again when i update, i want that auto ? is this possible ? i saw so many sites which got link indexed in few seconds after updating website, and they are on same wordpress plateform. so what is the problem with mine one :(

Thank You.

Didn't know about ping before, after amit explanation with links i did that.

Ar!yaN, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  5. aanshul.bhandari

aanshul.bhandari Peon

Best Answers:
    For such kind of problems its better to take help from Google and if possible you can ping sitemap to Google made by themselves.

aanshul.bhandari, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  6. partapamit

partapamit Peon

Best Answers:
    I think better you ping your website to google by using webmaster tool , i don't think that auto site map generation is possible.

partapamit, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  7. Ar!yaN

Ar!yaN Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah did that :)

Thanks for your replies , Friends.

Ar!yaN, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  8. jsh142857

jsh142857 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try mysitemaptools.com to auto-create your xml sitemap, you can also use this site to check broken links for your urls.

jsh142857, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  9. Thejkamath

Thejkamath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it's your new blog, then Google will take around 1-2 days to index. But, as days pass by, you will see drastic change in the time required by Google to index.

Thejkamath, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  10. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your daily posts indexed in Google, so don't worry, It takes times to show sitemap update in webmaster tools.

mukesh4bs, Jan 5, 2013 IP