1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective are forum signatures with respect to website marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by XooX, Dec 7, 2012.

Almost everyone here on DP have been promoting their websites on the signature. Was just wondering how effective these signatures have been with respect to bringing traffic to your websites. Any insights?

XooX, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  2. Yourwebsolution

Yourwebsolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    All signature links are nofollow on DP so i think it is not helping much, correct me if im wrong..

Yourwebsolution, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  3. vdek

vdek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well if your goal is to market get rich quick scams and sucker some people out of their money, then putting your signature on DP is perfect and highly targeted! Otherwise it's not really going to help you as the poster above mentioned, DP is nofollow and won't build you any backlinks.

You too can make over $1,000 a day with this one simple trick!

Seriously just one simple trick! click the link! Don't wait! This offer won't last more than 6 years!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    vdek, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  4. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, the links are nofollow. But do visitors actually click on signatures to check out websites? When I look back, I think I have clicked on a few, but not sure what the general trend is.

XooX, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  5. mariajames1

mariajames1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I totally agree the no follow links don't have any value ....

mariajames1, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  6. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    I think the effectiveness of the signature would depend on the way you present it and how you are posting on each thread.
    Some people may not like the way you respond and ignore the signature link, while some people wouldn't even bother.
    If this is the case, then, I would think that the consistency of your posts and the candidness of your responses could help in giving users a reason to click on forum signatures and visit the link.

johnrone, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  7. romn

romn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just how effective are forum signatures when posting in forums. Do they really get results?

romn, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  8. goodlink

goodlink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some clicks per week...

goodlink, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  9. Bizzoyce

Bizzoyce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum Signature all depends on the quality of the content you give. If you open up a thread and post, Thank you, That was helpful, Awesome job etc etc. Prob not very good, but if you go into a thread and help them out with a great answer then people will probably click on your link. As with anything Quality content wins every time.

Bizzoyce, Dec 7, 2012 IP
    aluminum likes this.
  10. Evocess

Evocess Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would agree with some posts above. Forum signature is a good way of building traffic.
    People will click your signature if you can give quality in the thread your posting.

If you can talk and contribute well in forums people look for your information specially your signature.

Hope it helps.

Evocess, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  11. misteroram01

misteroram01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum signature with do follow is benifical to get the strong, valuable and ethical backlink.

misteroram01, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  12. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finding the perfect product or service to promote in your signature can be quite tricky. Many of the users on forums are searching for free information and aren't in buyer mode. Therefore, it's very unlikely you're going to have much luck promoting something that people have to pay for. I would recommend promoting something that's FREE such as downloads or information that can be monetized with contextual links.

gregdavidson, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  13. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Posting in forums very specific to your niche is important.

For example, one of my sites is in the health and fitness niche, so I make useful posts on forums on the topic (with my site in the signature) and I get some clicks here and there. But like the above poster says, most people that click your signature link are not ready to buy something. You could get visitors to opt-in to your list by offering a free product, which would probably be more effective.

jakejoh10, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  14. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that's very important. It should be easier to target audience using signatures in a forum where people are not so tech-savvy. But on a forum like DP where everyone is an internet-savvy user, this may possibly not work in equal measure.

XooX, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  15. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you said about SEO then you might waste of time cause Digital Point is nofollow link since a year before. Nofollow link only give low weight in SEO.
    But you said traffic , I'm still get some especially from the market place but it might not that high expected as you think .

JerrickYeoh, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  16. skyhoby

skyhoby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digitalpoint is the one of the best and finest communities in this planet where thousands of persons from around the world contribute every day. So, don't you think this is the best place to promote our business? Yes, signature is the only option for us to promote for free. However, contributing this community will be giving us a compensation in the form of Signature.

skyhoby, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  17. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To kind of add to this, I feel that there is a misconception of the actual "purpose" of signature links, in regards to forum posting.

I think that many people make the mistake of forum posting "only" to help their search engine rankings. What's more important, to me at least, is that I'm helping members of the forum with useful information, and they see my link and want to click on it to see if they can get more information from me.

I don't have a signature link here because my niche is not "Internet Marketing", it is "Health and Fitness". My signature link would most likely be of no use to anyone here because they are not looking to cure lower back pain, they are looking to make more money online. So it's all about relevance. I post in Health and Fitness forums, with my signature link, and I get quite a few clicks from it because it is specific to their needs.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to get my "opinion" about the true purpose of forum posting out there.

jakejoh10, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  18. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks has got nothing to do with how many users click on a link.

XooX, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  19. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently having lots of problems with lower back pain. If you had that in your signature, I would be clicking on it and doing any and everything to help it.

Point being, just because this is a marketing forum you do not have to limit your signature to marketing offers. Their are many things that are of a general nature such as Christmas and Valentines Day.

The real answer would be found when testing it.

davetrebas, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  20. hasanoben

hasanoben Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. Actually my portfolio link on my signature gets almost all traffic from DP because that link is no seo optimized and i don't want everyone to see my portfolio and spam my mail..
    So, It's actually good that dp is nofollow.. only people who are interested will visit my website..

hasanoben, Dec 10, 2012 IP