1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what do you think about this idea ?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by bebuddy, Dec 9, 2012.

hello experts...
    i know there are many social networking site which helps user to connect..

so is there any room for new social networking site.?
    means if i create new social networking(hahaha) with some unique design and new features then will my site get success?

yes i know that if you want to start social networking site then you want huge budget ( $$$$$) for hosting and marketing,but right now i dont have sufficient funds.
    so if i have unique site then will my site get new member and new investor to fuel my project...

and i also dont know how can i found incestor to invest into my project.

so plz expert,,,i think you people are experienced and will help me.

thanks in advance.

bebuddy, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  2. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why not learn from others? Right now Facebook and Twitter or the obvious leaders. Here is what a few others have tried, and how they did:

• Apple: Spent millions on it's "Ping" social network.. Status: FAILED after approx 1 year
    • Google: Spending millions and millions on Google+ Status: TBD - doing OK
    • Myspace: Almost $1billion invested, had millions of members, but losing ground to Facebook and Twitter. Status: Failing
    • ME: Spend a few hundred $$ and turned one of my existing sites with an existing member base into a 'social' site: Status: had over 10,000 members, but they just werent interested in 'socializing' anywhere other than Facebook. - FAILED (back to a regular site/forum)

Tearabite, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  3. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi5 failed, WAYN failed, friendster failed. All these guys with millions invested on their pockets to do something.

Don't base your own idea on what is hot today, that is what most other guys are already trying. Look on cases such as pinterest that really get new edges and audiences where nobody else would value them before.

Nuno Brito, Dec 9, 2012 IP
    Tearabite likes this.
  4. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is an excellent point - Never skate to where the hockey puck IS, skate to where it is GOING..

And that is the hard part.. Dreaming up something new and useful that has not already been done 100 times..

Tearabite, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  5. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree entirely.

Sometimes it takes a naive approach mixed with motivation to make new things happen. At least this was what happened with pinterest and they got no support from venture capitals at the beginning who never saw this project as something worth investing into.

Nuno Brito, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  6. bebuddy

bebuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys for your help..
    i do not have millins of dollar to invest...

but i am trying to launch my site in local area means in my country.
    i will target only my country...
    so is there any chances to get succes...

bebuddy, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  7. rorymullen

rorymullen Member

Best Answers:
    Positive thinking is one of the biggest ways to become great at anything you do. Keep up the great work and try to see what other sites are offering. If you do not have a lot of money, use your time to create backlinks, articles, and other substantial postings to show your site has some kahunas.

Best of luck friend.

rorymullen, Jan 6, 2013 IP