1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook profile or Facebook page?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by dissingtonwalker, Dec 5, 2012.

Hi all, Could you guys help me out - Which is the best way to advertise your services via facebook and social media? I have a small painting and decorating business which I am currently expanding; looking at different marketing options and this is one of them I fell could deliver small success.Thanks,DW

dissingtonwalker, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  2. Nawshale

Nawshale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. :)

I believe Facebook is one of the best places to advertise your product. I say, go with a Facebook Page.

Social Networking sites are the most visited pages in the internet aside from online stores/shops like ebay, amazon and etc.

You can also try posting ads on a local online shop/store if ever there's one there in your city.

i think, the other most visited networking sites are twitter, formspring, plurk & instagram ;)
    It's better that you focus on sites where photos are always in newsfeed of the homepage of users so you can make sure people get to see your designs

Nawshale, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. dissingtonwalker

dissingtonwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, now it's just a case of mastering how to use the facebook page to it's full capabillity, i'm sure it cannot be too difficult however.

dissingtonwalker, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  4. localseoexpert

localseoexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Facebook can definitely get you the traffic you want - especially if you also you Facebook Ads. :)

localseoexpert, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  5. SSZ

SSZ Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Having a personal profile with subscribers is often just as effective as a fanpage, especially for your purposes. However a page does have more analytics.
    2) If you want me to jumpstart you with a few thousand audience and run your page let me know. Of course, it'll be for a price.

SSZ, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  6. a_a

a_a Banned

Best Answers:
    absolutely right.

a_a, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  7. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I would say facebook can give your business a boost. I am pretty sure, there are people who are looking for your services in your local area.

Also, try the local newspaper, give out leaflets, etc. It helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  8. tanveerraini

tanveerraini Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook pages are very best way to promote your business because this is the time of social networking sites.

tanveerraini, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  9. ecastella

ecastella Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd say do both. Promote your Facebook page on the profile, and promote it in other social media linking to the Facebook page/possible eventual website.

ecastella, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  10. umeedngo

umeedngo Peon

Best Answers:
    promote your facebook page more than your profile becoz if your facbook page is very good optimized then it will automatically link direct to your profile.

umeedngo, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  11. luxurious

luxurious Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer to do both on facebook profile and page.

luxurious, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  12. sarahashlin

sarahashlin Member

Best Answers:
    Create Facebook Fan Page can promote it, increase likes of your page. Post Product and Service related to you business daily on your facebook fan Page. Share Daily the Photo of your painting or product photo and wallpaper on you page....

sarahashlin, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  13. Junotali

Junotali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend making a facebook pag course, it's easier or try other social media. thanks, hopefully useful.

Junotali, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  14. rahulbo

rahulbo Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook profile and page have their own advantages and disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage of having a profile is that you can only have a limited amount of friends (5000).

rahulbo, Dec 22, 2012 IP