1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

problems with SH404SEf extension

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by mgee, Nov 20, 2012.

In a bid to better my SEO I began using the popular sh404sef extension in joomla. It has been downhill from there, it caused lots of problems for my site including adsense problems and problems with the Facebook commenting system, I believe its actually been detrimental to my seo! I want to get rid of it however am now worried i've gone to far with it and it's changed to much on my site, so changing everything again will lower my rankings even more.
    Has anyone else had this kind of problem with this extension? and if so what did you do, is there a way to solve the problems? I had only ever seen good reviews for it so am very disappointed.

mgee, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  2. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can configure exceptions for it to not alter urls/output of certain components.
    Some of our current versions for certain components have trouble with this as it alters urls and output of certain calls.

VideoWhisper.com, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  3. mgee

mgee Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply! Coul you explain how I do this? For example how i alter it so that facebook commenting works with it? Thanks.

mgee, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  4. Slokix

Slokix Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you to post your question on SH404SEF forum. They are more specialized in that.

Slokix, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  5. mgee

mgee Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, but I actually did post on their forum all my questions but they were pretty rubbish on there and my questions got ignored.

mgee, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  6. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I ve used sh404 for few years now , it never messed up a site that bad. I don't see how it could kill adsense. What do you use to display adsense ads? What is you php version? Are you using css and js minify and compression somewhere ? Can you post your site's url ? tks

schlogo, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  7. mgee

mgee Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't understand it either as I had heard such good reviews? I just use the html code within modules or in the article for the adsense ads, no special extension. Although I must now add to this post that the adsense problem has been fixed since I managed to get help from the adsense team (i'm none the wiser as to what the problem was). The facebook problem however still remains.
    Schlogo - PHP version 5 as far as i know, but not sure how I can double check this? Not using css, js minify and compression as far as i'm aware but i'm new to this so not entirely sure on that one. Any help would be very appreciated, url is in signature. Thanks.

mgee, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  8. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To do this just go to Components > sh404SEF > sh404SEF Configuration > By Component and disable all options with Skip, Do not translate, Do not insert code ... for the component it breaks.

VideoWhisper.com, Dec 27, 2012 IP