1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Illustrator or Corel Draw?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by toxictaz, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Khaidem

Khaidem Member

Best Answers:
    For vector designing then Illustrator is the best.

Khaidem, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  2. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is better doing digital work.

Corel draw is absolutely amazing with all kinds of printers, and when you need them in other thing that is not paper, it's still very used by the indrustry because of this.
    However I use illustrator more often.

nicelife, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  3. jeniesis1

jeniesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I might look like an idiot for chiming in seeing this thread is more than a year old. but honestly, like scarrott22, i feel some folks aren't offering enough good reason why Ai is "the best" in the industry.

The title of "industry-standard" for Adobe Illustrator is no longer relevant as an excuse to get Illy since CorelDraw IS now an industry-standard as well. Wikipedia agrees: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_vector_graphics_editors

I can't really blame some people if they like AI with blind passion (It is your right) but, I'm the kind of person who likes choice and I have used both software extensively in my years in printing and design.

I'm not really good at words so I would that you folks take a look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_vector_graphics_editors
    as JETalmage has nailed-it as to why CorelDraw now surpasses Ai in a lot of ways (and he's talking about X4 here BTW.) You folks should really read through the thread to appreciate it. don't worry, thread's ain't long. And with the release of CorelDraw X6 and its update, i feel the gap just grew bigger between Ai and CorelDraw.

I believe the tide has turned against Ai. Even "better color reproduction" isn't an AI advantage anymore. I'm finding myself using AI far lesser these days.

<BTW, forgive the links, i'm still a noob here and not allowed to post live links yet>

jeniesis1, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  4. RomAVA

RomAVA Member

Best Answers:
    i have been using photoshop for 2 weeks and i think that you can do almost anything(including 3d effect) its alittle bit harder but if you know what you are doing you might get a nice results.

RomAVA, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  5. artistic714

artistic714 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is coming from a person w/ 10+ years with BOTH corelDraw AND illustrator/adobe products.

First off, comparing both is like, one poster says "apples to oranges". A more accurate comparison would be comparing CorelDraw to both illustrator AND inDesign since CorelDraw is not only a vector/drawing software but a very good page layout software as well. On top of that, corelDraw is much very easy to use and compatible w/ adobe products.

however, i use photoshop w/ corelDraw since im not too thrilled w/ photo-paint (tough to compete w/ photoshop in the photo editing arena)

artistic714, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  6. marioman1234

marioman1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey all!

New to the forums here, but wanted to chime in on this topic. Seems like lots prefer illustrator... I'm not an expert, but have used both. Both are great in their own rights, I guess its more a matter of preference on which one to use. I think corelDraw was slightly easier to pick up, but having used photoshop a lot I found that illustrator was pretty easy to navigate.

Go by what you find easier to use?

marioman1234, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  7. a-gd

a-gd Peon

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is like a Mercedes
    Corel is just a car
    :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    a-gd, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  8. Garimashah

Garimashah Member

Best Answers:
    corel draw

Garimashah, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  9. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is the best tools for vector graphics ,
    not only a tools but also a weapon.

lolpasslol, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  10. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:
    Corel will work for 95% of what you need to do, and it is easier to use for at least 50% off things. I have both, but I rarely use Illustrator, in fact I didn't even bother to install it on my new (1.5 years old) computer, and in the last 1.5 years I've pulled out my old machine once or twice at most to use it. I feel the same way about Paint Shop Pro vs. Photoshop for rasters, PSP works for most of what I want to do. I even find myself using the free Paint.NET, the only thing I can't do in Paint.NET is some color count adjustment.

Jared @ 911Lights, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  11. shrinibgm

shrinibgm Peon

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is good compared to CorelDraw...

shrinibgm, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  12. boo0

boo0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i like work with coreldraw for logo design, pratic and fast ;)

boo0, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  13. kittujai

kittujai Member

Best Answers:
    Well Any time... ILLUSTRATOR... is the one u should be looking at...
    It could be used for some serious graphic designing.
    Corel Draw is also good but u wont get the functionalities, effects and flexibility for designs...
    All possible with ILLUSTRATOR...

kittujai, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  14. randyzidane

randyzidane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you only familiar with corel X-series features and its advance function you can see for your self that corel X-series is more useful in terms of graphic design is concern. I also tried using AI for a year but i'm not comfortable with it.

randyzidane, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  15. Jared @ 911Lights

Jared @ 911Lights Member

Best Answers:

Paint.NET also doesn't support rotating images in increments less than 90 degrees. GIMP is another great option.

Jared @ 911Lights, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  16. TestingWhiz1

TestingWhiz1 Member

Best Answers:
    Illustrator has become more of a standard these days.For vector drawing Corel Draw is best but it has harder interface.

TestingWhiz1, May 9, 2013 IP
  17. inner

inner Peon

Best Answers:
    Two things...
    1- Corel is no longer supported in Mac Os X, then we could say that Illustrator takes the benefits of using a UNIX Operating System. Till today there is no doubt that a UNIX system is more stable than a Windows System... Ok?. We can`t use any application in the air, it has to run over a Operating System, and suffer the pros and cons that each has. Illustrator takes the advantages that Mac Os X has... Corel the problems that Windows has.
    2- Mac Os X has a component called "QUARTZ" or "DISPLAY-PDF", that run as Os X`s Graphics Layer. It shows what an application do on screen in PDF format all the time... in REAL TIME... you works in illustrator as if you works in "Acrobat", instantly, because the monitor shows your work in PDF in milliseconds, you have not to tell the System to do so... it does it because PDF is the "MAC OS X`s GRAPHICS LAYER LANGUAGE" - POINT. windows has another language to rasterize on screen... I don`t remember exactly, but something called GDI or GDI+. The Mac Os X compatibility with PostScript Worldwide printing standard is 100%, Windows HAS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH POSTSCRIPT, AS COREL HAS. Using any graphic application in Mac Os X is "TRUE WYSIWYG READY", and it is REALY POWERFUL IN GRAPHICS DESIGN. QUARTZ or DISPLAY-PDF is a "de facto" Mac Os X STANDARD, that doesn`t exist in the Windows world... for any money!!!.

inner, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  18. TheeGamma

TheeGamma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Illustrator is where its at! plain and simple. there is no equal. Corel is like like its slower older brother that never graduated high school.

TheeGamma, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  19. kjmartyn

kjmartyn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get adobe creative suite, it costs $50 a month and you have access to every adobe product.

kjmartyn, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  20. Aldon Stewart

Aldon Stewart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally think that illustrator is pretty much better than coral draw because it seems to be quite a old fashioned! But some people who have been using coral draw for a very long time and never used adobe products before still think that coral draw is better! :confused:

Aldon Stewart, Jul 3, 2013 IP