1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ubuntu vs Windows

Discussion in 'Bing' started by guppyman, May 11, 2007.

1. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows ,
    it is user friendly and secured then Ubuntu.

lolpasslol, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just saw your reply now, i know that programs that are made to run under windows need windows, some programs can be configured to run under wine, and some programs are available for both versions. I have software that needs windows to run, end of story, other then that everything else in our house runs perfectly under linux.

The dreamweaver is a requirment for tafe (nightschool), sure i could have refused to buy it and just refuse to use it, but kinda means an instant fail on a very expensive course.

Regarding vista, vista was quite expensive its not the "edsl" or whatever you called it, its quite an expensive piece of software its not like i can just run out and throw money on a new version of windows, i have no choice but to "deal with it". Considering that i only use windows for dreamweaver and some games for the kids, its hardly worth the expense of buying windows 7 just to keep up with you guys.

the only reason why i mentioned what linux comes with is that i spent alot of time in a computer repair center, and im telling you now that windows did not come with any media player that could play dvds out of the box (maybe new versions do) but repeatedly we had members finding just how much easier it was to install the linux and have it running compared to installing the windows, the machines that had readable licenses i would always install windows, but the ones without licenses or had damaged stickers would become linux machines, and it was relatively simple to walk through users how to use either os.

YES i know that you can install all that crap and apps galore on windows, im talking about ease of overall installation. From my experience windows is like buying a car and having to install the seats yourself-> either way i prefer linux over windows, i do use both, i made my arguements your free to piss on mine if you wish or argue your own personal reasons on what you prefer and why

matt_62, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  3. amko_sa

amko_sa Peon

Best Answers:
    Linux is great if you love command line. You can find every command on google for 1 minute and that is the best of Linux. Windows have more friendly GUI then linux and that is true for all time. I use Ubuntu with apache server for testing some forums or some CMS because is more stable then windows WAMP server.

amko_sa, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  4. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    Windows will be best than the Ubuntu because i used both the Ubuntu and windows and now i am using the windows 7 after using all the other OS.

josefaryan, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  5. amarsyla

amarsyla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Win7 of course.

amarsyla, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  6. rubencouto

rubencouto Member

Best Answers:
    Ubuntu forever!! No cost, no virus, no blue screen, no pain!!! :)

rubencouto, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  7. darkgray

darkgray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried Ubuntu once, I think it was the version 6 at that time when they were still distributing (and shipping) the installer CDs for free.
    But I have to say I didn't last an hour with it. Seemed like I didn't know what to do with it other than change the wallpaper.
    Can't play my favorite games (WoW, CoD, etc..), can't do my .Net programming, can't run Premiere and Photoshop (although there's a workaround for installing it on Ubuntu, if you want the headaches), the included free Office tools is so far behind MS Office 2010.

I'd use Ubuntu if Windows is non-existent. Heck I even prefer any Linux distribution over Macs!

darkgray, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  8. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    Windows is the best. User friendly, a lots of feature and popular.

eyesight, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  9. maxmaurya

maxmaurya Member

Best Answers:
    Both are Great OS.
    I have two systems, In desktop i used Windows XpSP2:cool: and Linux (Ubuntu 11.10) dual booting. and in laptop i used windows 7 and thinking about to upgrade it to windows 8.

In my opinion windows is more user friendly then Linux (Ubuntu).

maxmaurya, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  10. harsha.gleegs

harsha.gleegs Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing about Linux is that IT IS FREE!
    The best thing about windows is IT IS VAST!

harsha.gleegs, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  11. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's only half-vast.

Rukbat, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  12. harsha.gleegs

harsha.gleegs Peon

Best Answers:
    ha ha Why do you call so?

harsha.gleegs, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  13. hasanbksp

hasanbksp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Linux is the best for developer user. The expat user easy to use Linux but a new computer user don't understand the Linux. When he use the Linux ,he feel boring .........

hasanbksp, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  14. MarkTheUser

MarkTheUser Member

Best Answers:
    Linux for developers and servers, windows for casual computer users.

MarkTheUser, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  15. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Linux has been window-based for a long time.

The new user doesn't understand Windows any more than he understands Linux. He doesn't understand program installation, configuration, optimization, etc., in Windows or Linux. He understands clicking on things. You do that in Linux the same way you do it in Windows. To someone who is a little familiar with Windows, starting out in Linux seems to be something that would bewilder the new user - but that's not how it is to the new user. (To someone who has only ever used Linux, Windows is a confusing mess that never seems to work quite right.)

BTW, "don't understand" and "bored" are pretty much opposites. You get bored sitting in front of a computer on which you don't do anything. Having to do a lot prevents boredom. ("Boring" and "confused" aren't the same thing.)

Rukbat, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  16. ingobauer

ingobauer Peon

Best Answers:
    caisses enregistreuses saying- Windows 8 Metro is, if anything, even more of a departure from its predecessor than Unity. At least with Unity, you're still working with a windows, icons, menus, and pointers (WIMP). Metro has replaced icons with tiles. In addition, by default, you can only work with applications in tiles or in full-screen format. Even such familiar friends as the Start button are missing.

ingobauer, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  17. caknun

caknun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like windows

caknun, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  18. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since you seem to be the only one having that problem, maybe the problem is that you're doing something wrong.

Rukbat, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  19. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know no one using ubuntu. But read than people use it.Win is best for desktop and laptop.

Bigbash, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  20. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Workspaces are great concept which I miss in Windows.

traxport121, Jan 7, 2013 IP