1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Indian Programmers Good for hiring?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by romioaa, Nov 18, 2012.

I have heard that Indian programmers are cheap and honestly I am not sure how are they work. are they work quality when we talk about php mysql and programming in general?

Can they handle a complicate website?

romioaa, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  2. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol yes and no? but how to find out? try it out! :) some are good, some are bad but that's not only for indian ppl but for all ppl over the world!

EricBruggema, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  3. shellyboy911

shellyboy911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've worked with Indian, European, and other programmers all over the world. I don't think race has anything to do with the quality they provide. I usually hire programmers with good ratings, good prices, and experience in my types of projects. I don't really care where they are from.

shellyboy911, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  4. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, as me myself being an Indian and having worked with Indian programmers, I can say that they are good. And they are much much cheaper than any other country in the world.

dhamaniasad, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  5. SEOsocialFollowers

SEOsocialFollowers Member

Best Answers:

I agree 100%

SEOsocialFollowers, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  6. Robinsh123

Robinsh123 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm an Indian and worked with many Indian programmers who did their best to give me complete satisfaction but there is a thing you will get to know that here in India you will get your worked done in a lot less budget.

You can try my younger brother who is a perfectionist -
    shoot at email with the project requirement at -

He is managing projects like :-

www[.]digmlm[.]com (mine)
    www[.]techtwisted[.]com (his)

and many more that I can't count so contact him for getting details.

Thanks

Robinsh123, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  7. dhamaniasad

dhamaniasad Member

Best Answers:
    I just visited techtwisted.com. Can you tell me what its gotta do with programming?

dhamaniasad, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  8. ggiindia

ggiindia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Indian people are wise always and are capable of doing quality work. Don't worry at all.

ggiindia, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  9. showdown

showdown Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends of the person not of his country, religion, gender, etc.

showdown, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  10. DomainerHelper

DomainerHelper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for. Other than that, I'm not touching the subject with a 10 foot pole.

DomainerHelper, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  11. sandegownc

sandegownc Peon

Best Answers:
    Its depend on experience , and yes Indian does work with honesty no doubt.

sandegownc, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  12. DaveInFL

DaveInFL Peon

Best Answers:
    I concur with DomainHelper.

DaveInFL, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  13. symbol.software

symbol.software Member

Best Answers:
    A good programmer will not be cheap no matter what country, region, gender is. Don't you people know.. in this world you get what you pay for :p

symbol.software, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  14. ndickerson

ndickerson Peon

Best Answers:
    you mean like outsourcing firms in India selling software development services? and you mean generally? well, no then

you need to get a recommendation from someone who has done a job and had it last the test of time....

think, difficult communications and misunderstandings... bugs... security problems... sloppy code... i've seen guys go to save money.. and 6-12 months later after nothing has happened and money has been wasted.. running to find a local firm just so they can be there personally to stop misunderstandings

ndickerson, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  15. ndickerson

ndickerson Peon

Best Answers:
    not saying all are bad guys... but the only way I outsource now is with a strong recommendation (and this doesn't mean feedback profile as these type of firms usually game the system on services like elance)

ndickerson, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  16. riteshsanap

riteshsanap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i kinda fell offended as i m being and Indian, well if you take a proper look all the big companies have indian people working for them even microsoft, adobe, apple etc, and the answer to your question really depends upon the person not the country, religion or race

riteshsanap, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  17. Valdor

Valdor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indian scmindian. php and mysql is the same regardless of where you are born.

Indian people are just as good as anybody else, the difficulty is in communication.

Just as riteshsanap says.

Valdor, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  18. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Indians can be just as good as any other nationality with programming, as long as you make sure you pick the right person for your work. The same as if it was an American you wouldn't pick someone with no experience, make sure you do the same with Indians. They can certainly be a lot cheaper to hire in most instances! :)

EvanP, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  19. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're not doing yourself any favor by including that site in a portfolio. I don't argue with English on a forum (many people here don't speak English well, but that has nothing to do with the content of their posts), but if you create a website in English, the English better be, if not brilliant, at least correct. That site has many grammatical errors, and errors of usage. It sounds like a Hindi site transliterated into English.

And a technical site had better be technically correct. That site has many technical errors, both in its content and in its design.

It's evidently easy to completely satisfy you.

Rukbat, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  20. rhoniedotcom

rhoniedotcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am someone that agrees. I have worked with programmers around the world also, and race is not an issue, and really neither is price. I have had some great work completed by US and Canadian programmers that have charged me less than outsourcing. The only problem I have had is the language barrier, where English is not the first language. It is difficult to find US, UK Australian etc... programmers on here (where English is the first language), because they think that everyone here is just after price. And they will not take on more than 1 job at a time. Now I will tell you the best experiences I have had with programmers are programmers that have predefined scripts they have built themselves. Many PHP programmers have these, and know them and can give a quality job in a short time, with a low cost. Basically they are just fill in the blank type scripts. If more PHP programmers used them, you would see their work really improve, and they would make a whole lot more money,than relying on pre-built scripts like WordPress etc... You also need to know that a programmer and a designer are not usually one in the same in my experience. So you may get the site coded, but not designed (looks) the way you like it.

rhoniedotcom, Nov 24, 2012 IP