1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yes Obama Wins 4 More Years

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by britishguy, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "In-effect"? I'm curious. How do you imagine a bill created in congress, and passed by the Senate becomes law?

Obamanation, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  2. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just saying, you cannot place the blame all on Obama. For the past two years, Congress has been blocking bills proposed by Senate and House democrats. Doing what you want to do as president doesn't work if you have something blocking you along the way. In essence, the blame cannot be shouldered purely on the president. It's a much more complicated situation than saying what the guy I quoted said.

echo_unlimited, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  3. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Whew. When you said I need look no further than congress, I thought you were implying that congress was perhaps solely responsible for the administration of the FCC, the FTC, the DOJ, and other agencies that are supposed to prevent monopolistic behavior. But then I thought, well he must know those duties are the sole domain of the Executive branch (the president). So then I thought you might be implying that the Republicans in congress were somehow authoring, approving, and ratifying laws which permitted such monopoilistic behavior, all without the help of the Democrats in Congress or the signature of the president. But then I thought, no, surely this guy has passed high school level civics.

Glad to see you were simply pointing out that Obama's job is very complicated.;) Perhaps that explains why he is not very good at it.

4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope that those who will especially those who are extreme right in this forum contact boblord or bushranger for relocation guidance if you guys need any ! :D

[​IMG]

popotalk, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    What would be the point? Australia is one of the most anti-immigrant countries on the face of the planet. With all that land, they actually promote breeding to augment their population in replacement of immigration. It is a country that jails and deports their poorer neighbors as they try and seek asylum on the shores of Australia.

While I can understand, and perhaps even sympathize with Australia's immigration policies, I'm not sure why anyone would head some place where the "Not Welcome" sign is hung in plain sight with large bold lettering. As I mentioned earlier, if it is pure capitalism one seeks, it would be better to head to china, like sensible Australians are.

6. NeilPearson

NeilPearson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They polled voters and found that for 15%, the deciding factor was how Obama handled hurricane Sandy. Others judged Romney on Bush's performance. Others voted for Obama just because a different Republican said something stupid about abortion - that wasn't Romney's stance. These are the "intelligent" voters you are talking about. People that make decisions based on just about nothing.

NeilPearson, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So if you don't like President Obama there is a message from UK !

/intended for humour

popotalk, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Funny stuff indeed, especially considering the state of the UK.

9. NeilPearson

NeilPearson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NeilPearson, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  10. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    The election is over - your team got flogged and there is nothing you can do. Isn't it time you left your basement, went upstairs to your fantasy wife, your fantasy four children, especially the new born and became a decent human being again? It would be a far more satisfying life than spending your time on forums insulting anyone who isn't American and belittling every other country in the world because of your insane belief that America is superior in every way. Ask your family if they want you to spend more time with them, we'll know what answer they give.

boblord666, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Who said I was a decent human being in the first place? Normally I would find you fantasizing about my life a bit creepy, but judging by your LinkedIn profile, fantasy may be all you have.

Well that is hardly fair. I insult plenty of Americans as well! There are just far fewer of them telling me what car to buy, or how to decorate my house, or who to work for or hire, or more importantly, who to vote for. When they do, they get the same answer you do. It goes something like, "Mind your own business, dumb ass. Unless you are willing to make the payments, you get absolutely no say in what product I buy." The fact you are completely ignorant on the subjects for which you offer advice only makes it funnier and more irritating.

BTW, my wife finds your fake leopard skin clown hat hilarious. Sell it to me!

12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Obamanation
    Mitt Romney lost the Latino votes with high margin. What can the Republican Party do to regain the confidence of Latino voters. You cannot deny the fact that Republicans need their vote. It was a disaster this election. What would the Republicans do to gain the confidence of the Latino voters. Would comprehensive immigration reforms the answer ? According to a group of Republicans says it is time to do so but is difficult to sell the idea to hard line Republicans.

popotalk, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Maybe the Republicans can promise them all brand new GM vehicles if elected to office!

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Pandering is Obama's gig. Romney did a fair share of it, but thankfully he didn't offer to abolish/circumvent our immigration laws. I can see Latinos voting for Republicans as follows.

1) Republican governors (Most states) will pass laws to enforce the immigration laws at the local level.
    2) Voter ID laws will eliminate fraudulent votes from being filed
    3) Self deportation will happen all on its own.
    4) The legal residents who remain will thank Republicans for not letting illegals corrupt the immigration process. They will appreciate Republican support for a healthy economy, plentiful jobs, better pay, and shared family values.

You might note that Republicans already have extremely strong support among the Cuban community.

14. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not claiming to speak for the world, i'm speaking about what I watched and read in the news. It's an 'observation'.

Never once cared who he had with him. I believe, as does America, Democrats had the best policies. All we got out of Romney was 'war not peace'. That would have been scary.

Bushranger, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was not asking about the Cubanos in Florida. That's a minority of the Latino community. Anyway I just wanted to know where you stand.

Latino Vote Devastated GOP Even Worse Than Exits Polls Showed

popotalk, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  16. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Say no - your fantasy wife can't have it. I wore it to a fancy dress party where I went as a US gangster. We don't have any here so I had to copy your style.

BTW - Four More Years! Four More Years!

17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You really don't have anything of your own, do you.

18. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Being happily retired for 6 years, secure, self sufficient and travelling the world, and even better, being made feel welcome in the world is a pretty damn good life.

Don't believe everything you read.

19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's what Obama was counting on. The uneducated lower class that don't know/understand what is really going on. They just voted for him because somebody told them republicans give tax credits to the rich or just because they are the same race as him. I believe the term "quackfuckery" mentioned above is the correct term for the situation.

indyonline, Nov 7, 2012 IP
    NeilPearson likes this.
  20. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm very happy Obama won. Even if Romeny won, I would be curious to what he'd do to fix the economy. He says things but that doesn't mean he'll actually do it.

Mick2012, Nov 7, 2012 IP