1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bloggers, how do you write your blog post?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by PinoyIto, Nov 2, 2012.

PinoyIto, Nov 2, 2012 IP
    monsoondreams likes this.
  2. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing is never easy, and we have heard time immemorial that it's a vocation or a passion.

But if you're someone who's looking into the possibility of keeping a blog, here are are 5 things you should bear in mind to practically get you started:

1. Have a catchy title that says what your post is about.
    2. Use bullets. People hate text-heavy, eye-straining articles.
    3. Substantiate: Give concrete examples, use quotes, cite other/your sources.
    4. Use a photo (or two).
    5. Involve your readers and invite them to express their opinions.

If I haven't bored you yet, you may want to read further here: http://www.opportunitiesplanet.com/blogging/creating-a-catchy-blog-post/ :)

jipolis7, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  3. olenka.sarah

olenka.sarah Member

Best Answers:
    i hire a freelance writer. hehe..

olenka.sarah, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  4. initzero

initzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    initzero, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  5. monsoondreams

monsoondreams Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the idea that sincerity is a requirement for anyone to write well. I think this applies to all kinds of writing, even the writing of untruthful stuff such as fiction. I never like novels or stories that seem too insincere, something where the author just throws ideas onto the page instead of something real--feelings, experiences, thoughts. And always remember, something real need not be true.

And I guess this applies to what internet marketers often do: sell. The main flaw I'm seeing with so many blogs and websites and copy from IM peeps is that they only seem to care about people buying their stuff. No matter how much you tell people that this thing you're selling is the greatest thing since sliced bread, no one would buy it unless it sounds real and sincere (even though it may not be necessarily true).

monsoondreams, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  6. iCopywriter

iCopywriter Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the best options if you do not want to be bothered to write. Writing is not hard and not too easy, it depends on your own in terms of mastery of the topic to be written.

iCopywriter, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  7. Tony_Seruga

Tony_Seruga Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you first try what you have in your mind. try with simple first then you can be professional but to be a good or great professional you have to had passion on the topic you are writing & vigorous research.

Tony_Seruga, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  8. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    warriorworking, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  9. sirboit

sirboit Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a blogger at www dot trafficandbacklinks dot com. The first rule for blog writing is, write what you know; your article should come from personal experience. This way you will not struggle at all. Secondly, If you know nothing about a certain topic don't spin other people's articles, get a guest post from some of the trusted sites.

sirboit, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  10. Raju Mukherjee

Raju Mukherjee Member

Best Answers:
    i think the problem isnot writing but in standing out in what you do,

Raju Mukherjee, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  11. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing is like kissing huh...oh my :) It's best to just write naturally.

ninjamtlt1, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  12. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    I'm tired of reading my own composition, i hire a freelance writer too :)

jonrod, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  13. wacontentcreator

wacontentcreator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Excellent post and straight to the point. I really appreciate your advice as I am going to be starting a blog here in the next month or so.

wacontentcreator, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  14. Linktub

Linktub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While sincerity is necessary, if you have a sincere desire to entertain it is possible to write about something you yourself do not care a whole lot about.

Linktub, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  15. jamescastle

jamescastle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use two pointers only.

1) Know the basics on your keywords, use a good title that is.

2) Write naturally, blogs are blogs not a science book. People want to read what YOU think. I always write in a personal yet informational way, using my keywords a bit here and there of course.

Nothing else. Renders me good traffic and it makes it more fun to write.

jamescastle, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  16. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think writing is a passion, the more you write the more you're happy and it came with some experience and knowledge in some topics.

actnews, Jan 12, 2013 IP
  17. sweedy

sweedy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mostly by writing about personal experiences that tie in with a certain topic needed. Sometimes it is about a hobby or something that I hear someone say in passing that sparks a memory. All of us have unique experiences to share, but what counts is your ability to tell it in a way that people will want to read it.

sweedy, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  18. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog is not for articles, imo it's for connecting with your "audience". Hence long boring articles that teach ain't the best I think. I try to use funny pictures, or use numbered/bullet lists so as they're easy to read not articles.

Videos and pictures in a blog make it more "welcoming" kinda.

jacksarlo, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  19. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the subject matter of the blog. I have a dental blog that has done quite well over the years that is educational in nature. (I published the first article in 2006.) I'm trained as a Certified Dental Assistant and am also certified in radiology. It's always been an educational blog first and I have no plans on changing it. It's written for the common person. The majority of articles published are at least 500 words long.

I gave birth to a healthy baby girl, (my first child), at the age of 40 in May. When I was pregnant, I launched a preggo blog that is both personal and educational. (More educational than personal) The preggo blog is steadily growing, (as well as growing in popularity), and I've begun to earn money from it.

I earn my living through my writing and sites of my own that I build and nurture. It's not a hobby or weekend beer money for me. Sure, I choose to build sites around topics I know and/or have an interest in, but at the same time, they are built to earn money. I take the time to write quality content for these blogs and random sites I have. I don't focus on a keyword or phrase. I'm very particular about any guest posts as well.

So yes, blogs that are educational in nature, can do quite well. It's a combination of the subject matter, the content that appears on the blog, and marketing to your target audience. It's how the content is written for the target audience that makes a difference between a long and boring educational article versus an article that is educational, but at the same time, interesting. An article a person wants to keep reading.

TextServices, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  20. Sanjeev SIngh

Sanjeev SIngh Member

Best Answers:
    The best writing is done with patience & time. The more you give time to post the more quality of article will be produced. In an article you should follow these basics steps:-
    1. Your keywords should be in title, URl, <h2> tag, meta description, alt tag of the content.
    2. Use paragraphs in the content to make easy reading for the readers
    3. Use suitable images for the article as images speaks louder than words.
    4. Ask questions from the heading & give answer at paragraphs

Sanjeev SIngh, Feb 21, 2013 IP