1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best domain registrar as today?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by HufLala, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Steve Ski

Steve Ski Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been with Godaddy since 2002 and have never had any real issues with them. I love the fact that you can call them 24/7 if you have a problem or questions and they will take care of it for you right on the spot. Why do you say they are the worst?

Steve Ski, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  2. Obosh

Obosh Peon

Best Answers:
    everyone has different experiences. personally i would say "GoDaddy" is still the best. usually domainers like -
    GoDaddy.com
    NameCheap.com
    Name.com
    register.com

Obosh, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  3. LiMoO

LiMoO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Enom & Name.com .. Simple and cheap domains with many features admin panel.

LiMoO, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  4. wetbupa

wetbupa Peon

Best Answers:
    The main Godaddy pros and cons as a hosting provider are the following:

Pros:

The company is in the hosting industry since 1999 which is confirmed by the information from web archive
    Godaddy offers a variety of products: domains, web hosting, VPS and Dedicated servers, Cloud hosting, online storage for backups.
    Godaddy offers different reseller programs and two types of partnership programs.
    According to the rules of the partnership program, you can be either Godaddy’s client and cooperate directly with them or work via CPA networks (Commission Junction or LinkShare) if you are not a client.The partnership income can be up to 30% which is sometimes nearly 105$.
    GoDaddy Is Cheap and offers different types of hosting.
    Their price starts from $4.24/month for the economy plan which even offers Unlimited bandwidth and quite enough disk space.Moreover, there is an opportunity to choose between a Linux and a Windows package, as Godaddy offers both types of hosting.

Cons:

The analysis of the real number of domains hosted by Godaddy with the help of hosterstats.com and dailychanges.com, shows unconsoling results for Godaddy.

The details can be found at:
    http://www.hosterstats.com/HistoricalDomainStatistics.php?hoster=godaddy.com
    http://www.dailychanges.com/godaddy.com/
    The result of such numbers can be because Godaddy doesn’t show publicly all its DNS records.
    Their money back guarantee differs depending on the product that is purchased by the client. In some cases refund is not provided for the customer at all, here is an example showing this situation – http://goo.gl/5U5id
    Most customers consider Godaddy as a domain registrar, but not as a hosting provider.For example:

I have been using GoDaddy now for some 6 or 7 years, however, only for domain registrations. Just recently i have tried them for hosting and found a few issues tbh.
    Customer support by email is atrocious and being UK based a phone call is not an option. They are very very slow and deal with problems as though it is going to cost them money to sort them out.

GoDaddy’s advertising is weird as they often use blatantly sexist advertising on their site.As an example, the following links can be viewed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8WjYH8KuOao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4igYHZ-hmGo&feature=relmfu

http://www.macgasm.net/2011/12/26/godaddy-sexist-sopa-supporters-are-suffering/

Their superbowl commercials involving scantily clad women in racy situations are considered offensive for many users.A lot of customers simply switch web hosting providers in protest of the support for SOPA, fearing that it would harm websites whose content is user generated.

Should the customers believe that after ordering hosting from GoDaddy, our site will suddenly be sexy and attract a lot of traffic?

Godaddy is not using Cpanel. Cpanel is already a standard for website management and as the company is not using Cpanel, it doesn’t have a lot of useful functions, such as IP deny manager, instant downloadable home directory and database back-up. Instead Godaddy uses its own Control panel which isn’t very user friendly and takes forever to find the correct links for managing the account.
    The company site is cluttered to the point where it may overwhelm people who are new to web hosting. It needs to be streamlined so that people of all skill levels visit the site without any confusion as to where to go next.
    Their WebSite Tonight site building software is sold separately and is limited to Windows users. They should perform development to let Linux and Mac users use the software as well.

GoDaddy makes it a little hard to leave if you are planning to cancel the services with them. This procedure is usually very simple for most of the hosting companies, but GoDaddy isn’t famous for helping its customers leave.

wetbupa, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  5. jsmarketing9

jsmarketing9 Peon

Best Answers:
    namecheap.com IMO is the best domain registrar. been with them for 3 years now and so far I have not encountered any problems. very happy with their service :)

jsmarketing9, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  6. jmalinie

jmalinie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy.com
    Bigrock.com
    Name.com
    Moniker.com

which are cheap and reliable domain registrar companies.

jmalinie, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  7. bizzaro

bizzaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Been using namecheap for years and haven't had a single problem.

bizzaro, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  8. bluebeard

bluebeard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can't go wrong with Godaddy. Vidahost are good too. And 123-reg aren't too bad either.

bluebeard, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  9. musaddiqueayaz

musaddiqueayaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is still most used registrar and I prefer it.

musaddiqueayaz, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  10. parkppc

parkppc Active Member

Best Answers:
    My vote for idmoz.com, they are best domain registrar company, my most of friends use this network and they are quite happy.

parkppc, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  11. wedev

wedev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use OVH, it's very good.

wedev, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  12. sract

sract Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I vote GoDaddy with his offers...

sract, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  13. crabfoot

crabfoot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use

GoDaddy, but privacy is not cheap. Register a new domain with GoDaddy and you get spam from people offering to help develop the name if you don't take privacy.

Namecheap is a better deal for privacy, cheaper overall than GoDaddy unless you buy domains in bulk.

Dynadot is reliable and affordable.

Internet.bs is cheap, but if you want to redirect a domain the facilities are better elsewhere.

Moniker has been taken over by Schlund (Swiss/German) since January. Prices are higher and they want to charge for everything - eg. $4 for redirect. I visualise it becoming like all German hosts - good service, but expensive and a PITA if you want to transfer a domain.

crabfoot, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  14. Frezeme

Frezeme Member

Best Answers:
    i strongly prefer for bigrock!! He is registrating domain for thus Rs.99 than godaddy on Rs.109

and currently a Special Offer!

.COM Domain Names @ just Rs.99*.
    • Includes Multiple Email Accounts
    • Privacy Protection
    • Domain Theft Protection
    • Mail Forwarding
    • Domain Forwarding & Free Add-ons worth Rs. 5000
    • This Offer is applicable for new customer signup only. Hurry! Offer Ends Soon.
    Secrete link: http://www.bigrock.in/deals-on-domains?a_aid=4ee22f3f53a13&location=IN&chan=ga_bra_br&ad=ga_bra_br&cmp=bigrock_brand&kw=Bigrock&mt=p&adg=bigrock&coupon=BRC9O9MCUPNXUA8
    Thank you in advance :)

Frezeme, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  15. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know who is the best domain provider, but I never had any problem with NameCheap.com
    Also, they've fast support and it's easy to work with them.

BusinessSpy, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  16. Robert Fisks

Robert Fisks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Namecheap because they suggest good prices and provide excellent customer suport.

Robert Fisks, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  17. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I like Godaddy - Been using them for 12 years..........I have tried all the others, they are kinda good too ;)

sundaybrew, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  18. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ResellerClub is the best registrar as on today in my view.
    I had tried all the registrars in last 15 years and they are the best.

toniya, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  19. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I`m still using Godaddy and their coupon codes. Works for me!

webcosmo, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  20. escrow.ms

escrow.ms Peon

Best Answers:
    Gandi.net

escrow.ms, Mar 13, 2014 IP