1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vBulletin upgrade help

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by liziana, Oct 25, 2012.

Hi!

When I first started my forum, we were using my tech admin's vB license. He left and decided to take the license with him to start a new forum.
    Another friend of mine, who I haven't spoken to in months and can't even get in contact with, put his license in on the forum - basically letting us have it because he said he no longer needed it.

We are currently using a vB 3 version and we'd like to upgrade to vB 4. Since I don't even own the license, I can't access the members area where I can download the vB 4 files to upgrade.

Is there anyway someone could download and send those to me? It'd be very much appreciated. :)

We're currently having issues with the version we have, I have absolutely no idea how to get into all of it and fix it, but I can at the most do a successful upgrade. I definitely don't want to use
    any type of nulled version because of backdoors and such, plus we already have the license, I just need the actual files to do the upgrade and I don't have them.

Thanks!

liziana, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I recommend you contact the official vB support. I think that every copy of vB is marked with a unique customer ID (or similar tracking method is used) so if anyone would download it for you he might get in trouble for that.

Devtard, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you don't own the license, how do you even know if that license is licensed to use vB4?

digitalpoint, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  4. karabaja2

karabaja2 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm 99,9 percent sure they can not help him in this matter. He can't identify himself as an licence owner.

karabaja2, Oct 27, 2012 IP