1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you ever paid for forum posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by LiamHammett, Oct 3, 2012.

Have any of you ever paid for posts on your forum? If you have, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me or post here so I could give you a quick interview for an article I'm writing about paid forum posting. It doesn't matter if it turned out to be great, or if it completely killed your forum, I just need some case studies. You'll get a link back in the article from a high pagerank blog too, if I add yours in.

LiamHammett, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  2. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think it worth it, unless you can pay people to post like thousands of posts daily every day!

zhuanyi, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  3. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not? If you can pay someone enough to make even 1000 posts every month, that's going to be a substantial boost to how many posts you'd make on your own, which will in turn be better for holding guest's attention.

4. zhuanyi

zhuanyi Peon

Best Answers:
    well, if the posts are not even relevant (which is what you should expect to get when someone needs to post like 1000 posts per month, most likely those are auto-posters) then it is not going to help you to boost your search engine ranking, and if you have a forum that has a million post but ranks in like page 3000 for the keywords, people most likely will never see it.

zhuanyi, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  5. Legacy1

Legacy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never tried it, but no matter whether people say it's great or terrible, it's probably worth testing. I would note, however, that there's A LOT of other things I would test/pay for before doing that, though. Still, it might be worth it. I'd be interested to hear from those who have done it.

Legacy1, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  6. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course the posts aren't going to be keyword specific and search engine optimised, they barely ever are on ANY forum, let alone one with paid posts. Of course some posters won't be submitting relevant content, but you should see testimonials/previous work before you hire, anyway.

Sure it's worth testing, but what things would you do BEFORE paid posting? Surely it'd be most effective when used WITH other things?

7. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never paid anyone to post on any forum I have ever created, however I have been paid to post in others forums. :)

BlueEew, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  8. flogger1

flogger1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just to kickstart a forum, paying someone to post quality contents is actually an option. I have done this already, posting to new sites with HQ content.

flogger1, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  9. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the only way to start a new forum these days.

If you have started a forum, or have helped work on one, you know how miserable it is to get the first few true members.

People want to be part of an already thriving community, they don't want to be burdened to create one, and so forum posting gives these people the vanity they so desperately crave.

Traditione, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  10. m.Singh

m.Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i have paid for posts a lot of time. Normally i start with buying some databases and then pay some peoples to post regularly to make the forum active in eyes of visitors.

m.Singh, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  11. ddmmh

ddmmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone provide some good reliable sites to get more forum posts?

ddmmh, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  12. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:

The only site i know about (and use), is PostLoop ...

There are alternate ways to get forum posters, such as by posting a job on oDesk, Freelancer etc.

As far as PostLoop is concerned, they are entirely in post exchange business.

SSC, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  13. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want decent forum posters then checkout postloop.com. They are the best forum posters I've found.

I have no affiliation with them, other than a happy customer.

terrymason, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  14. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No but I have gotten paid for them, multiple times and I'm working on projects as I write this post.

There are basically 2 ways you can go about when starting a brand new forum: either seed your own forum by creating fake users and posts or pay someone else to post content for you.

For most people, the first option is somehow "unethical" (I actually read an article about how seeding your own forum can be unethical). So they pay others to do it.

I have offered my services to more than 500 forums I think, not that I'm keeping count. I have about 3 different forum posting gigs set up on Fiverr and things have been pretty awesome. I get hired on oDesk as well. I'm not bragging about all this but just pointing it out because paid forum posting is super common.

So if you need to talk about it, feel free to contact me. You can contact me about what people are looking for, what gets people's attention, how paid forum posting works, and anything and everything in between.

boyuancy, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  15. vangel

vangel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not pay for forum posting. I want to drive with the community as it develops. Instead I would use the money to buy a related forum that already has members but the forum owner does not want to deal with maintaining a forum anymore. It is entirely possible to import users and posts to your own forum and redirect the domain.

If you have a forum and you want to sell it off (with real members and actual content) I stand by my word. I will be interested to have a look and make an offer.

vangel, Apr 13, 2013 IP