1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Infolinks - horrible revenue

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tottenham, Oct 14, 2012.

I put up Infolinks on a site for two day and the revenue is just over 3 cents a click. And this is on a site with strong content in the health niche. Does it take several days for the cpc to get to accurate levels?

If not, who are they kidding because, let's face it, in-text ads like those from Infolinks, Kontera are intrusive and can annoy readers if too many links are presented on a page. Bearing this in mind, how do they expect people to give up ad space on their site for few cents a click?

The thing is I use to have Infolinks and Kontera on my sites a couple of years ago and in those days I got revenue that was around 8 cents/click, which I suppose was respectable, but I still took them off because I didn't feel the revenue was enough to compensate the user displeasure at seeing text underlined throughout the page. I felt it would have disrupted the the flow when reading.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    tottenham, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thank you for letting us know. I've never tried them, and it looks like they still need to work on getting advertisers who'd pay more than just a few cents.

qwikad.com, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  3. Infolinks Support Team

Infolinks Support Team Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Tottenham, this is Pamela from Infolinks. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied from Infolinks in your short trial period. I want to let you know that two days really isn't enough time to judge Infolinks as it takes our algorithm anywhere from a couple of days to a week to really learn your site. Once it learns your site it starts bringing in the highest paying ads. We usually recommend a two week trial period to see accurate results. You mentioned that Infolinks takes up too much space on your site. In-Text ads are known to be the online world's "quiet solution" to advertising without taking up any real estate on your site. And finally, Infolinks no longer makes Pay Per Click payments, but instead Pay Per View. And our Customer Support team is always standing by to give you tips on how to improve your earnings. Thanks and happy blogging :)

Infolinks Support Team, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  4. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually this is my sentiments Ms Pamela, since you shift to Pay Per View, my sites earnings goes down. Your eCPM for PPV are very loooowwwwww! Oh my God, I can't even dare to check now my everyday stats. Back on Pay Per View era, my lips are always smiling whenever I check my everyday stats.As I said on this board, I'm with you for almost 5 years but due to changed of PPC to PPV, I'm thinking of pulling your ads off :(

charice.preston, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  5. djackz666

djackz666 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow in this forum has joined infolink support team great :)

djackz666, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  6. Infolinks Support Team

Infolinks Support Team Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Charice. I'm sorry to hear about your drop in revenue. Please do contact our Customer Support team for assistance in optimizing your site for maximum results. We have some cool new features now on our brand new site that I think you'll like!

Infolinks Support Team, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  7. dreamee

dreamee Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya..i too tried their revenues are very less...

dreamee, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  8. sekhar203

sekhar203 Active Member

Best Answers:
    good thread with a good information...thanks to all...

sekhar203, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  9. tfhe

tfhe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes revenue are less .BUt you get more than other in-text advertiser

tfhe, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  10. cohenj88

cohenj88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi tottenham,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. If you're not happy with your current situation, you might want to try coming back to Kontera. Health related campaigns we're either running or have run in the immediate past include Blue Cross, The Center for Disease Control, and the Department of Health & Human Services. Depending on the location of your readers, Kontera may perform much better for you.

Regarding users finding in-content ads intrusive, ComScore did a study finding users see Kontera ads as one of the least intrusive forms of online advertising.

cohenj88, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  11. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Infolinks is really weird in my opinion.

The say that they pay "per ad view", but I only get paid like 50% of the ad views on my website. Half of the time my eCPM is between $20 to $70, and
    the other half it's at $0.... I can't make any sense from this.

Wulkanen, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  12. Forum93

Forum93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will suggest to give it some time. I have a site on which I'm using Infolinks and I'm getting almost 50-70$ monthly from infolinks. :)

Forum93, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  13. tottenham

tottenham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your views on this. I put the links back on three days ago and so far the revenue has improved to around 6 cents a click. This is partly I think is because I am seeing more relevant words being underlined. I feel 6 cents is fairly reasonable. I will give this another few weeks and see what happens. Closer to 10 cents and I'd be willing to keep them as I have reduced the number of links on the page so they are not too intrusive. I know more links usually equals higher CTR, but you have to be considerate of site visitors. By the way, would you suggest link colour different or the same to regular links on the site?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    tottenham, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  14. tottenham

tottenham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input on this, Jonathan. I didn't do too badly with Kontera last time, but I will give Infolinks another couple of weeks and see how that goes. If I am not satisfied, I will test Kontera.

15. tottenham

tottenham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, they make it very clear they only pay when someone clicks on an ad and not when someone merely views an ad.

16. tottenham

tottenham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "And finally, Infolinks no longer makes Pay Per Click payments, but instead Pay Per View. And our Customer Support team is always standing by to give you tips on how to improve your earnings."

Is this so? I thought Infolinks only paid when someone clicks through to an ad. Are you saying Infolinks pays when someone hovers their mouse over a link and the ad pops up and that they don't need to click through?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  17. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want an answer for this. Also what happened or what rate when they click the ads?

charice.preston, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  18. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NO you DON'T.

Wulkanen, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  19. sritaanya

sritaanya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I was also used Infolinks and i m really very happy with them but i don't know why they block my account for fraudulent activity and i really didn't get any good reply from them they always say's that they could not reactivate my account. after that i am not able to use infolinks but i must say that they are really good. Hope they work again with me

sritaanya, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  20. tottenham

tottenham Greenhorn

Best Answers:

If that's the case, site owners could accidentally view their own ads when they work on their sites. You can accidentally hover your mouse over these links. But I assume they have in place technology to recognize when its the sit owner.