1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I create my own website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by emma dcosta, Aug 29, 2012.

1. rashedinvogue

rashedinvogue Peon

Best Answers:
    You can buy a web template from any web template sailing site like webtemplatetools.com and make it customize as you need.

rashedinvogue, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  2. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Learn html ,css then download a css templete try to edit it,
    if your site is dynamic or wanna make it dynamic please use php and mysql at back end.
    You can create a site without any programming by learning wordpress ,joomla .

lolpasslol, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  3. Meeeeepo

Meeeeepo Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best CMS. Really simple for use and lot of plugins:)

Meeeeepo, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  4. aviraeleven

aviraeleven Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest u start with wordpress.com and after you already familiar with how to post / edit, adding picture, adding plugins, and some other basic know how.. then only you go to buy the template.. the reason why i suggest wordpress is that it is easier for new guy to work on and for upgrade there are so many resources available.. wordpress.com is also free for you to try so if you make mistake it wont cost u a thing.. only a little bit of your time..

aviraeleven, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  5. jqueryheaven

jqueryheaven Peon

Best Answers:
    you can using some famous and simple open source blog apps and cms apps, such as wordpress and joomla!, easy to build a website of yourself, in addition, you can find some free template via Internet, try it!

As a beginner, you need learn something about how to build a cool website front-end, master jquery, ajax, html, css and php

jqueryheaven, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  6. dhussey111

dhussey111 Peon

Best Answers:
    start with template don't design if you are a beginner.. simple..

dhussey111, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  7. jonasmarsh621

jonasmarsh621 Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, you need a domain. I recommend Wordpress since it is easy to use. You can change the theme to your liking or on your niche. If your site is about sports then choose a theme for sports. If you don't have any knowledge about HTML, let other people design your site for you. There are many web designers out there. :)

jonasmarsh621, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  8. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    You may create using wordpress, joomla or simply by templetes and create a site of your own.

karthick9, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  9. angeljakes

angeljakes Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me as a newbie you should know atleast about HTML and CSS.

angeljakes, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  10. siddhanta

siddhanta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to know first HTML,CSS & Dreamweaver for website design and if you have some idea on photoshop then fine!

siddhanta, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  11. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, First attempt to prepare firs business brad, target audience, unique content, images and take a time to research professional web development companies for your website.

creativewebmaster, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  12. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not easy as you said. I have read a lot of books about HTML, DHML, CSS and Javascript and I am good in Photoshop as well (I run my photographic website) and I could not start to build my first website until I went to course about making your own website and there I learnt weebly which really helped me to create my first website. Then I noticed a lot of limitation in weebly and I started to build another website with Dreamweaver just by coding in html and css. It took so much time and I have done only one page and I stopped. I am going to use joomla for building all next website. So summarizing good start will be weebly or just go for joomla. I don't recommend Wordpress unless you want to build the blogs. It is highly overrated in my opinion.

richardm55, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  13. dhussey111

dhussey111 Peon

Best Answers:
    use in-design to design your own page else find a good theme..

dhussey111, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  14. REKHILESH90

REKHILESH90 Peon

Best Answers:
    So you just need one website.I personally suggest to start with free services like blogger, wordpress etc and after you make some money then you could get a new domain and dedicated hosting from hostgator or other osting service providers.May be it's a great deal.Otherwise you will get Flop!

REKHILESH90, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  15. Gffects

Gffects Peon

Best Answers:
    If you buy a book or two on html and css and see how you like it then start from there thats what I did. (not including being a student in the subject.)

Building a website takes time and consideration from the sitemap, storboarding, design, prototype to the finished project and even then you may still want to change things, so yeah learn some basic of html and css how to make divs and navigations and add images it will take about a month to practise before you will have a basic page going and once your happy with your code get some paper and start going mad with your ideas with exception to some of the stricter rules such as the rule of thirds.

Most importantly have fun doing it.

Gffects, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  16. mixo

mixo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try wix.com. They provide helps for starter to create their own website. Or PM me , I might be able to help you.

mixo, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  17. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Read my thread #33 above, please.

richardm55, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  18. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wix is similar editor to weebly but you get worse website address.

19. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not good idea. To earn any decent money you must make your website professional so you rather need to get your own domain, especially there are not so expensive.

20. Gffects

Gffects Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see why you would want to use a WYSIWYG to build the site for you (exception to dreamwaver). It's not really webdesign and development then, you may aswell pay for one.
    You may struggle to learn from books then maybe try videos or tuition what ever works best.

Don't mean to seem like a flame post but by saying read above thread it just says you tried you struggled and you gave up because it took time and effort.

Gffects, Oct 15, 2012 IP