1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice - should I include the price of my product in my adwords ads?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Skribblez, Oct 4, 2012.

Hi, I'm trying to advertise my product via Google Adwords at the moment and these are the two ads I've been using:

[​IMG]

I know it's still early into the campaign and the ads haven't received much impressions yet, but I'm just wondering if you guys think I should include the price in the ad or take it out? And why or why not?

I'm thinking that the price tag might scare people away. If I took the price tag off, maybe more people would click on the ad and read through the site, and if I've convinced them enough with the sales letter they might just convert and buy. On the other hand, it might just end up costing me more if people just end up clicking out of curiosity.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Skribblez, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  2. sweethunt

sweethunt Member

Best Answers:
    use words to emphaze people to visit your website like VISIT NOW GRAB IT NOW, LImited quantity

sweethunt, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is rare that I put the price in the ad. But why don't you test out different versions with and without price? That's the beauty of Adwords.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  4. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only one way to decide!

Split test!

I would edit your Adwords settings first though, to evenly show ads, instead of optimised showing of ads (unless oyu have done this already).

Then have 1 ad with & 1 ad without prices - but keep ALL other variables exactly the same ;)

The price MAY put some off, but then perhaps it will leave higher quality traffic, that isn't afraid of paying... unless you have an excellent conversion rate by a rock solid sales letter?

Test test test :D

mikeid22, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  5. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If price is your advantage, then show it. If it is a product that needs a lot of selling to justify the price, hide it.

And, of course, testing is easy with adwords.

wiz

wizardofx, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  6. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Putting price in your Ad copy will make sure the clicks you are getting is OK for that price. If one does not have that much budget,he would simply not click on it. CTR willl suffer a bit but you will save money on clicks.. I would do it if i have limited budget.

A better approach is to put special offer in the ad copy. Like on sale, or on 20% of limited time or free gift if any and such.

PS: I would certainly use the keyword in ad copy atleast once (You are not doing it), (before that making sure the keywords and ad copy are relvent to be inserted dynamically) . It will increase your CTR which means Better QS which will lead to less CPC and saving your bucks.

your 2nd ad copy repeats the same phrase , you have limited texts, why wasting it by repeating words?

In my tests, mentioning price tag , special offer tag and combination of a magic word, gave me CTR of 40% while without the magic word it varies from 8-16% for a competitive similar eCommerce campaign .

wtg, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  7. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great advice everyone! Much appreciated. :) My ad campaign was actually suspended because there was something wrong with my website/landing page that was in violation of their advertising policies. Not quite sure what it was, but I have contacted them to explain.

But I will definitely keep this advice in mind for my BingAds (Bing & Yahoo network) campaign and my Facebook campaign!

Skribblez, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  8. fubar78

fubar78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just check to see what your competitors are doing - if they have prices in their ads that are lower than yours, I'd keep the price out of your ads. If you are competitive price-wise, even if just by a penny, put it in the ad!

fubar78, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  9. ClickHere

ClickHere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try both! I see you have two ads already why not try one with and without

ClickHere, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  10. sweethunt

sweethunt Member

Best Answers:
    "use words to emphaze people to visit your website like VISIT NOW GRAB IT NOW, LImited quantity" your landing page must attractive and provocative

sweethunt, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  11. bc1234

bc1234 Member

Best Answers:
    Better try both one by one and see which one works better

bc1234, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  12. imrico92

imrico92 Peon

Best Answers:
    Never advertised your price through your ads. Now you can advertised or state a discount or coupon or free, and limited, but never show $47.95.

imrico92, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  13. wizardofx

Best Answers:
    Hi Rico,

You seem reasonably sure about this, can you give us the reasons that you should never?

wiz

wizardofx, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  14. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is simple. If you put a price in the ad, you assume people buy based on price only. When you do that, and if most other advertisers in your vertical do that as well, PPC becomes a price comparison tool. You also use up valuable ad space that could be used instead to incite people to click the ad, a strong benefit. The idea is to get clicks, as many as possible, not less, so that the more people as possible see your offer. The ad is just a carrot. If you limit the number of clicks with the thinking "I don't want those that don't like the price", you fail to educate them on everything else your product has to offer. They'll never find out and your product could be the best value out there, even if you are a bit more expensive. Most purchases are based on emotions, not price. There's a reason why price is mentioned last in any sales pitch. It's so that you hear the whole pitch and gradually get convinced to buy and in the end, if done right, it appears the greater value even for the same or similar item cheaper elsewhere. Putting price in the ad removes the effectiveness of the sales pitch even if people click your ad.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 22, 2012 IP
    Skribblez likes this.
  15. Windzal

Windzal Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Never advertise a price.

Windzal, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  16. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks! That was really insightful.

Skribblez, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  17. wizardofx

Best Answers:
    What if your price is your main selling point? You are selling for 1/3 of the competition, so why hide the price until the last moment?
    Have you ever read the Sunday paper? K-mart and Home Depot don't hide their prices, they shout them.

wiz

wizardofx, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  18. Calliopebrook

Calliopebrook Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking that the price tag might scare people away. If I took the price tag off, maybe more people would click on the ad and read through the site, and if I've convinced them enough with the sales letter they might just convert and buy. On the other hand, it might just end up costing me more if people just end up clicking out of curiosity.

Calliopebrook, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  19. joshc002

joshc002 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    See what results you get from ads with and without prices. But as everyone's mentioned, if its a very cheap price, then let the world know!

joshc002, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  20. Mikeandrews

Mikeandrews Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to ad the price right at the beggining. This stops scrolling to the bottom to find the price.

Mikeandrews, Oct 29, 2012 IP