1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Windows\TEMP\) is not within the allowed

Discussion in 'PHP' started by red_fiesta, Feb 17, 2009.

when trying to run this code..

<?php
       // Configuration - Your Options
          $allowed_filetypes = array('.jpg','.gif','.bmp','.png'); // These will be the types of file that will pass the validation.
          $max_filesize = 524288; // Maximum filesize in BYTES (currently 0.5MB).
          $upload_path = 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bc\files'; // The place the files will be uploaded to (currently a 'files' directory).

$filename = $_FILES['userfile']['name']; // Get the name of the file (including file extension).
       $ext = substr($filename, strpos($filename,'.'), strlen($filename)-1); // Get the extension from the filename.

// Check if the filetype is allowed, if not DIE and inform the user.
       if(!in_array($ext,$allowed_filetypes))
          die('The file you attempted to upload is not allowed.');

// Now check the filesize, if it is too large then DIE and inform the user.
       if(filesize($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name']) > $max_filesize)
          die('The file you attempted to upload is too large.');

// Check if we can upload to the specified path, if not DIE and inform the user.
       if(!is_writable($upload_path))
          die('You cannot upload to the specified directory, please CHMOD it to 777.');

// Upload the file to your specified path.
       if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'],$upload_path . $filename))
             echo 'Your file upload was successful, view the file <a href="' . $upload_path . $filename . '" title="Your File">here</a>'; // It worked.
          else
             echo 'There was an error during the file upload.  Please try again.'; // It failed :(.

?>

Code (markup):
    i get this error

PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Windows\TEMP\) is not within the allowed path(s): (c:\inetpub\) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0

strange as in my php.ini file this is set..

open_basedir="c:\inetpub\"

why do i get this error and why cant i perform uploads?

red_fiesta, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  2. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The behaviour is correct. You haven't done anything to change the location of the Temp file for the upload. The assignment for $upload_path is for moving the file after upload. You can test it by adding

open_basedir = "C:\Windows\TEMP\;c:\inetpub"

shallowink, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  3. gwaashu

gwaashu Peon

Best Answers:
    set open_basedir windows wordpress

{DOCROOT};\

add above code in plesk 10.4.x or 11.x php setting tab in the front of open_basedir

That's it'

gwaashu, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  4. Devin Ian

Devin Ian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you X10, you solved my Plesk WP site migration woes!

Devin Ian, Sep 18, 2015 IP