1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 Penguin Safe Link Building Strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gonzalod34, Oct 2, 2012.

1. chrs1

chrs1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mind sharing some of the sites similar to Facebook or Twitter for adding updates?

chrs1, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  2. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you mean Wikipedia links, then do note that Google specifically requested from them to turn their links into "nofollow" links.
    Otherwise: it's almost impossible to obtain a link with them. Anyway, their content is questionable - because a handful of editors rule certain subjects/topics. So the information is distorted/partial and so are the links.

I saw tons of commercial links in Wikipedia that had almost no connection with the topic itself - they were merely placed in there as a favor for 3rd parties.

Even getting a real, non-commercial link as a reference in Wikipedia is almost impossible - as they won't let you. They have all sorts of more or less fair "filters".

Back a few years ago many were abusing the system, so I'm not surprised or particularly bothered by the fact that they filter links. Just that some editors have the power to rule with their own links listed, while they kick out other references that might be even more useful...

This reminds me of Dmoz. And some time before there was a directory called Zeal - people used to join just in order to add their own links and potentially even sell places to others.

Mr.Dog, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  3. anarayan

anarayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I must say, the only "new" thing that I learned from your post was the powerpoint presentation. I have been using pdfs for a while and those work too. So, great work on providing information that even some of us who have been in marketing for a long time might not know. Thanks again for the free information.

anarayan, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  4. j.ryan

j.ryan Guest

Best Answers:
    Great and useful tips. Ya after penguin and panda update old school seo techniques are no longer effective. Your tips will definitely help seo workers.

j.ryan, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  5. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    I search it for you and found a helpful article link below.

http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/2701-Beyond-Facebook-74-Popular-Social-Networks-Worldwide

Thanks for sharing some cool information with us Mr. Dog. This is really helpful for all of us.

gonzalod34, Oct 9, 2012 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  6. greeysmith

greeysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey friend thanks for shared with us valuable information with us, hope it will be really helpful for every visitors..

greeysmith, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  7. willamscot

willamscot Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this. Your information helps all seo members.

willamscot, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  8. njr123

njr123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally - someone with sense! Good post and some good points. Web 2.0 isn't as valuable anymore but it's wise to have a few links from this area.

njr123, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  9. stevenchenster

stevenchenster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forums signature, blog comment, but don't spam.

stevenchenster, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  10. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for share.well said, it is the best way to drive traffic to our website.

war_machine, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  11. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for nice comments :)

You are absolutely right. We should concentrate quality over quantity when creating backlinks.

gonzalod34, Oct 14, 2012 IP