1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ Rejected!

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by tmonte, Jun 8, 2012.

1. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you say yourself, no one will ever see it.

helleborine, Jul 20, 2012 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  2. abyssofseo

abyssofseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My website was 6 months old, had no ads and all backlinks were from relevant "white" websites. I submitted my application to DMOZ but got no answer or approval whatsoever.

abyssofseo, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you get the notice which said your site had been received? If so, which is likely, why say you have not received anything more?

Did you get the email asking for $10,000 dollars to place the site or was it free?

Did you read anything on here before you posted this stuff, where there is a sticky which gives all that info and where the place is littered with posts that my site has been rejected?

DMOZ is free to submit a site, DMOZ makes no promises when it will be reviewed for a possible listing, might be a few days might be YEARS. All editors are volunteers working in their spare time. Come to think you could offer your spare time instead of complaining, just press the 'volunteer to edit this category' button on almost every page, pass the test and you too can be complained at on here.

You received the notice when you suggested the site, that's all you will get, nothing if the site is listed or rejected. Oh and by the way seeing that you have not read anything on here, don't submit more than once, that was in the guide lines you said you had read when you suggested the site, It will not speed up any listing, can slow it down and can get the site banned with enough re-suggestions.

Anonymously, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  4. abyssofseo

abyssofseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I read everything there, all their rules. It was long time ago, I don't remember all the details but I didn't get the message that said I was rejected. I checked several months later, then several months later again, but it was not added to the directory. Although I do not care about that anymore..

abyssofseo, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  5. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

LOL.....well why post??????

snooks, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  6. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good, it is no point in caring, that will not lengthen or shorten how long it takes. Also what of
    did you not understand? It clearly says you will not receive any notice IF you are rejected, but if your site complies with our guidelines then it will be in the suggestions pool and will be there, which could be several years, until an editor, working in their spare time volunteers to work in that area and use the suggestions pool as their resource.

Anonymously, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  7. USADNA

USADNA Peon

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is messed up world-wide. You cannot even get an editor to look at applications of editors anymore. I think for google it is now a mute point, other than just another link such as with any "directory". Some of the categories have not been updated in 3 years. Some of the sites do not even exist not been updated in 3 years. Some of the sites do not even exist anymore, and have not for several years.So pretty much the answer to your question of when will they let your site in DMOZ. The answer is never, move on, unless it is in a category that has been updated this decade. It shows at the bottom of the page last time a category has been updated. You have a good chance of becoming an editor if it was a long time since it has been updated, but since there are very few editors left approving other editors, the chance is slim to none anyone will ever do anything about it. Move on

USADNA, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  8. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty insightful for your second post.

joeventura, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it also clearly says your site will be rejected or removed if you submit to the wrong category which you have said time and time again an editor will move it to the correct category. So one can hope right? (well, maybe not with the ODP, lol. Several years is a long time to hold ones breath).

Qryztufre, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  10. USADNA

USADNA Peon

Best Answers:
    People get so stuck on DMOZ because it used to mean something. Submit and forget, it is not a very strong link anymore anyways. If google is still valueing this DMOZ directory as anything more than a www.directory .com site they should not be. I would not be suprised if they are not just ignoring it all together. Not enough people working on the site to get it to go anywhere.

USADNA, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  11. cathaylist.com

cathaylist.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ takes time to get listed.
    One of our site is the largest niche site in Taiwan takes longer than a year to be listed.
    As for another English site, not listed so far...

It seems DMOZ has less influence on SEO today. Good sign to seoers.

cathaylist.com, Nov 26, 2012 IP