1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Cloudflare now I dont see ads in firefox

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by neeshu, Sep 12, 2012.

I have started using cloudflare since last 2-3 days and yesterday I noticed that i was not seeing adsense ads in firefox and chrome i searched the web and found that people have been banned for using cloudflare, so I removed adsense for sometime until i figure out a better hosting option.

Can I use some cdn for my site will adsense allow it ?
    Is adsense compatible with cloudflare if so why did my ads turn blank in firefox ?

neeshu, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  2. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not aware that cloudflare blocks adsense ads. Try running firefox with no plugins installed.

Philvault, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  3. TacoExplosion

TacoExplosion Peon

Best Answers:
    try running cloudfare on a different browser

TacoExplosion, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  4. damoncloudflare

damoncloudflare Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you have Rocket Loader turned on (this does have the potential to impact JavaScript). Please turn the feature off in your performance settings and report to us here.

damoncloudflare, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  5. farshad2000

farshad2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I faced a number of issues after using cloudflare. I disabled it later. Take my advice, avoid cloudflare.

farshad2000, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  6. damoncloudflare

Best Answers:
    Like? We literally have hundreds of thousands of sites using us. Not every issue using CloudFlare is necessarily our issue, but people should contact us when they see a problem.

damoncloudflare, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  7. farshad2000

farshad2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keeping the security level on Medium results in unwanted Captcha prompts I received many myself, the Minification feature can get your Adsense banned but I don’t see any clear precautions mentioned for that like they are for the features in testing phase, I saw continual down time for no obvious reason when using Cloudflare i did not have these problems earlier.

8. farshad2000

farshad2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloudflare gives exaggerated page view stats which are not accurate (although this isn't a direct issue as it does not affect the site), You guys mention in your video that it takes 5 mins to enable Cloudflare, True but what about disabling it as it can take several hours before the DNS is switched back as it happened in my case.

9. farshad2000

farshad2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like the cloudflare free versions being offered with HostGator and Blue Host are using user sites like Guinea Pigs. Simply search the web and you’ll find more issues that users have faced. I’m not the only one.

10. damoncloudflare

Best Answers:
    "Keeping the security level on Medium results in unwanted Captcha prompts I received many myself"
    Did you try changing your security level? You can also override the behavior by whitelisting in Threat Control.

"the Minification feature can get your Adsense banned but I don’t see any clear precautions mentioned for that like they are for the features in testing phase"
    The only feature that can impact AdSense is actually Rocket Loader. This issue, however, means that the ads don't show & shouldn't have any bearing on your actual AdSense account.

"I saw continual down time for no obvious reason when using Cloudflare"
    Were you seeing offline messages? You do need to make sure requests from CloudFlare's IPs are whitelisted on your server (firewall, security plugins, etc.) and with host. If your server was up and running, yet you got an offline message, something was blocking requests from our IPs.

11. damoncloudflare

Best Answers:
    Free has nothing to do with the issues you mentioned. We have hundreds of thousands of sites on us so doing a search for issues on the internet will naturally lead to some issues. If someone has an issue with the service, it is pretty easy to contact us via the contact form on the site & we can assist.

12. farshad2000

farshad2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used Bluehost to activate Cloudflare.
    Yes I did change the security level when I identified the issue but by then I probabaly lost a lot of traffic. When users receive emails from their service providers to activate Cloudflare, some additional instruction can be quite helpful as well, such as the required precautions.
    The reason why the minification features is bad for Adsense is because it messes with the ads code when displaying content which can result in issues.
    I saw multiple disruptions for my site and after my site went down for a while even after keeping only the basic caching feature on (the rest were more or less disabled or reduced to their minimum application level),I decided to disable cloudflare, since bearing some hours of downtime is better than continual issues.

13. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    Is this true ? Cloudflare uses DNS traffic shaping so all traffic seems to originate from US? This can make Adsense suspicious.

gtk29, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  14. wyfytangsh

wyfytangsh Peon

Best Answers:
    try running cloudfare on a different browser

wyfytangsh, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  15. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so overall reading all the reviews cloudfare use is not recommended

simple007, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  16. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use hostgator... good customer support

BacklinkExpert, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  17. radian

radian Active Member

Best Answers:
    By reading this thread, I just realized that I'm not the only one that had the same problem using CloudFlare. I have sent a report about the problem last year (in their survey), but I believe that they would not believe me unless I'm the trusted professional webmaster, actually I'm just a newbie. So, I'm better turning off cloudflare than making a negative review about cloudflare that has a thousand million members. It's up to you.... :)

radian, Sep 22, 2012 IP