1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid Inclusions for better SEO - Best options ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mrix, Sep 1, 2012.

Hello all, I have had a few well established websites for a fair few years and never once went down the road of any paid inclusions to directories to increase SEO.
    I have often thought about paying to get into the Yahoo Directory as many seem to think it can make a big difference.
    I have actually decided to go down the road of trying some paid listings like the yahoo but could anyone please suggest any other types of paid inclusions which has worked well for you ?????
    Huge thanks for any replies.
    Cheers
    mrix

mrix, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  2. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried getting listed in these top directories, but I know it will help to increase authority for a site. Top 3 are; DMOZ, yahoo and botw.org (best of the web).

j3thro, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  3. mrix

mrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello I was unaware that Best of the web gave your SEO a bit of oomph!
    Thanks
    mrix

mrix, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  4. keralam

keralam Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont think paid inclusions, especially spending around $300 for each submission in Yahoo and BOTW is recommended, unless you are starting an online business and promote your branding.

keralam, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  5. mrix

mrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    So its only the Yahoo, BOTW and the ODP worth paying for then??? I thought there may of been more options like those 3 ??????????
    Thanks all
    mrix

mrix, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  6. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    Of course there are plenty. You can search for a niche specific web directories. It should have a manual review before approving. The directory should NOT say something about seo. Also, see what type of sites are in that directory. If they are spammy, then you don't want your site to be neighbors with them. Yahoo, DMOZ, BOTW are just on the top right now.

j3thro, Sep 3, 2012 IP