1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many back links per day is too many?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Global Bend, Aug 26, 2012.

I wanted to get the community thoughts on the specific question of: How many high quality directory submission back links per day is too many for a new website with zero back links ? or is there never too many when it comes to high domain authority back links ?

Global Bend, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  2. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    For a newly opened website as you said, I think you should build at least 10 links per day for first month. From 2nd month you can increase the number accordingly.

rising_sun, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  3. Xherko

Xherko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say 5-10 links per day is OK at the beginning

Xherko, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  4. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting 200 strong, reputable and relevant back links organically per day because you have strong content (i.e. someone like perez hilton with a huge readership) nothing is really suspicious. Once you start purchasing links and buying directory listings is when you want to keep it under control. Not only because too rapid of a growth in links will look suspicious but it also adds to your possibility of getting links from a "bad neighborhood" site, which will negatively effect your site, potentially even getting it banned from the google index (meaning you wont be found on google no matter how many links you have).

alphaomegalady, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  5. liberox

liberox Member

Best Answers:
    Talking about Web Directory backlinks, you must count that the major part (best qualty) of them approve the submission for 2-12 weeks. Also NOT 100% of your submissions will became approved.
    So - about your question: You can make up to 100-120 submissions daily: the backlinks, resulted by these submissions will be distributed in long term period, and will not be 100% successful - so don`t worry

liberox, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  6. cjarrodsnow

cjarrodsnow Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this thread! I'm still fairly new to building links, actually making this a new focus of mine and getting an idea of what is the "norm" is helpful!

cjarrodsnow, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  7. White Pearl

White Pearl Peon

Best Answers:
    i'll recommend to build 2-7 per day for the very beginning later on you can go for bulk.

White Pearl, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  8. jotuga

jotuga Peon

Best Answers:
    10 per day is a nice number

jotuga, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  9. isababy

isababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quality over quantity always. Doesn't matter if you only have few every day as long as they are of great quality.

isababy, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  10. PaulCpR

PaulCpR Active Member

Best Answers:
    REGARDLESS of the number of links you build to your site; you will get google slapped if all your links come from the same platform and your anchor text diversity is poor.

PaulCpR, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  11. ponky

ponky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thinks links volume is not necessary, you should target on quality links only, whether it is 1 or 2... doesn't matter...
    And for a fresh site start building links atleast after 1 or 2 month..

ponky, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  12. MatthewWoodward.co.uk

MatthewWoodward.co.uk Banned

Best Answers:
    I would focus on the number of links per week rather than per day. You can start off low like 50 per week and then gently increase that each week as time goes on. Whatever you do just make sure you can maintatin the velocity of links week on week

MatthewWoodward.co.uk, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  13. Paul Jameson

Paul Jameson Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting backlinks in day that depends on your submission. Because i think almost half of submission get approved links by overall submission services so you have to set target your submission process. To get backlinks in bulk also not workable source of backlinks should be comes from good quality websites.

Paul Jameson, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  14. Maschit

Maschit Peon

Best Answers:
    Just think about backlink make me so frust, why?

coz I use to build 200 backlink a day, and in a month is 6000 backlink but if google or any search engine not indexed it. then I would say it useless

so I will make sure the backlink is indexed. how?

Maschit, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  15. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say 10 a day for the first month and then maybe increase to 15 and then increase 5 or 10 every month. If you try to do too many straight away it might hurt your site (I'm not expert, I'm guessing) and if you go for a high number you might give up half way through.

Dean_Saliba, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  16. josyjacob

josyjacob Member

Best Answers:
    notice there is no official "here is exactly how to rank a site" guide? that's because there are too many variables to answer. you have to test different things out for yourself. quality is always better than quantity though.
    if you have money to spare, get fiverr gigs, one at a time and note what effect it has on the rankings. if not, learn how to find high quality links manually.
    you can even dl a few wso's from here, pick a good one and follow what they say. you will probably be dissapointed with the results, but you will learn a lot

josyjacob, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  17. CharlesAnthony

CharlesAnthony Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually there is yet no specific guideline from Google.

CharlesAnthony, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  18. FredWhite

FredWhite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Those backlinks (directory submissions) are not accepted and indexed immediately. I dont get the point of putting daily limit on submission???

FredWhite, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  19. MatthewWoodward.co.uk

MatthewWoodward.co.uk Banned

Best Answers:
    I have to agree that a daily limit isn't a good way to work.

I go on a very rough weekly limit and as long as I end up 10% either side of that mark i'm happy. E.g. If I'm building 200 links in a week as long as I've done between 180 and 220 I'm happy.

Also your points about links getting indexed is important.

There is a period of time between the actual submission and placement of your links and Google then finding them and indexing them. For example if you built 200 links in a day, it is likely that Google would discover these 200 links over the course of the next few weeks.

MatthewWoodward.co.uk, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  20. fir3143

fir3143 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree that 5-10 links is okay and then you can do a lot of backlinks in the next backlink building next time.

fir3143, Sep 2, 2012 IP