1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Federal Court & U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheism is a Religion

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Alter2Ego, Aug 4, 2012.

ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Atheists consistently attempt to take the higher ground by pointing fingers of accusation at theists and accusing theists of committing all sorts of human rights violations in the name of "cultish religions," as they are fond of putting it. According to atheists, it is the belief in God that has caused people to commit the various atrocities common to mankind. Remove religion, belief in God, and belief in the Bible, etc.--the atheists argue--and the world will be a better place. This latter conclusion is mortally flawed for the following reasons:

1. Atheists have committed human rights violations en masse throughout history. For instance, Joseph Stalin--the atheist--ordered the deaths of between 40 million to 62 million people (20 million of which were everyday Soviet civilians), compared to the 6 million killed by Adolph Hitler the Roman Catholic "Christian."

In other words, the problem is not the Bible or God. The problem is people, including those in false religions which have failed to teach the masses Biblical truths. An appreciation for Biblical truths and YWHW/Yahweh/Jehovah's righteous standards of what's right and what's wrong is the only detriment against people committing human rights violations. Blaming God for the crimes of false Christians is an attempt at passing the buck.

"See! This only I have found, that the true God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans." (Ecclesiastes 7:29)

"They have acted ruinously on their own part; they are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted!" (Deuteronomy 32:5)

2. Atheism is itself a religion aka a cult. While atheist will argue that they don't believe in any god, the issue is not merely non-belief in God or gods but in having ANY sort of belief system. The belief system of atheism is centered around the philosophy of "secular-humanism."

3. Atheism is a religion according to a 2005 Wisconsin federal court ruling as well as the U.S. Supreme Court—the highest court in the land.

Alter2Ego, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  2. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.

The only reason I can think of for religious nuts insisting that atheism is a 'religion' is so that they can say....

'See! You atheists are just as stupid as we are'.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    pladecalvo, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
    “Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.” Ecclesiastes 1:2

What is crooked cannot be straightened;
    what is lacking cannot be counted. Ecclesiastes 1:15

gworld, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  4. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- GWORLD:
    Meaningless according to whom? According to you? Quoting scriptures out of context will do you no good. Try telling that to 2005 Wisconsin Federal Court of Appeals, which granted a prison inmate his Atheist Religious rights. See where it will get you.

http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/

Alter2Ego, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I quoted in context more than you have ever done but since you are by your own admission religious then it is safe to assume that you are too stupid to get it.

gworld, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  6. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- GWORLD:

Notice the two words in red within your quotation above because it will be the recurring theme throughout this paragraph. Here we go now: While we're on the topic of religious people being "too stupid to get it"--and I'm quoting you verbatim when I say that--Did you get it that the 1961 U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Torcaso v. Watkins was that atheism is a religion? And did you get it that the default atheist religious philosophy is Secular Humanism? Furthermore, did you get it from what I quoted at Post #4 that the 2005 Wisconsin Federal Appeals Court granted an inmate his Atheist Religious rights after the atheist sued for it? I suspect you didn't get it. So to help you get it, below is a partial quotation from the 1961 U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Torcaso v. Watkins in which another atheist sued because under the First Amendment and Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution--get this--his Atheist Religious rights had been violated. Keep your eyes on the words in bold print within the quotation below. Pay particular attention to the words that are bolded in red.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=367&invol=488

Now remember, gworld, the person who brought the above lawsuit to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1961 was an atheist, and the default atheist religious philosophy is Secular Humanism. Got that? Now, suppose you answer the three questions below.

QUESTION #1 to GWORLD: Do you understand that atheism is nothing more than an alternative religion and that therefore you and all atheists are just as religious as me and other theists?

QUESTION #2 to GWORLD: Do you understand the implication of your above statement--that people who are religious are stupid--when you consider that according to the U.S. Supreme Court, atheists/secular humanists are themselves in a religion? Keep in mind that the U.S. Supreme Court is the highest court in the land and its rulings automatically become national law.

QUESTION #3 to GWORLD: Are you sure you want to stand by your statement that religious people can "safely be assumed" to be stupid?

BTW: If you still didn't get it that atheism is itself a religion, you will soon get it when I begin quoting more credible sources--all of which confirm that atheism is a religion.

Alter2Ego, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    So... let's say that Atheism is a religion? Who cares? If it's a religion, fine, it's the only religion backed by science. If Atheism is a religion, it is the only decent religion on Earth.

Will.Spencer, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  8. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- WILL.SPENCER:
    What do you mean "who cares?" Didn't you read what gworld told me at Post 5 above? He said religious people are all stupid.

Which "science" are you referring to? You mean the latest episode of Star Wars/Doctor Who/Star Trek aka Macroevolution MYTH for which there is no evidence? The paleontologists have been lamenting for decades that the fossils record is full of nothing but gaps. Of course that hasn't stopped them from insisting evolution is a fact. Just don't hold your breath waiting for them to produce evidence to back up their version of facts. You will die from old age waiting while they present their latest speculations, but no evidence, of the "common ancestor" from whom they claim all life forms evolved.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how this "common ancestor" came to life by itself. I guess they haven't written the script for that version of the film as of yet.

And what's so decent about the Religion of Atheism, might I venture to ask? Pray tell.

Alter2Ego, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  9. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    It's quite worrying that such staggering ignorance as seen above is alive and well in the 21st century...and worse, it's VERY worrying that the people who write such tripe ..... are allowed to vote!

pladecalvo, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  10. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Alter2Ego's Science Reaction Checklist.

Theory of electromagnetism: Good!
    Theory of gravity: Good!
    Quantum theory: Good!
    Germ Theory: Good!
    Thermodynamics: Good!
    Theory of evolution: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and those dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to trick us.
    Photosynthesis: Good!
    Periodic Table of the Elements: Good!
    Theory of Relativity: Good!
    Acoustics Theory: Good!
    Chaos Theory: Good!
    Number theory: Good!
    Big Bang theory: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and how can they believe in the Big Bang when no one was around to see it.
    Cell Theory: Good!
    Decision theory: Good!
    Circuit Theory: Good!

So, in general, science is great and one of the best means of understanding our universe unless it contradicts the writings of ancient goat herders. Then it's evil and wrong.

pladecalvo, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  11. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That just proves atheism doesn't cause people to go out and kill people.

Also, how many people did 'God' kill during the great floods and in the Bible? [Look yourself]

But the Bible IS interpreted in so many ways and can be interpreted in so many ways; who's to say which interpretation is correct or not? Atheists don't have that issue, we learn our morals from the society we are brought up in. I'm not the type of person to go out and kill people. I was brought up that way, and that didn't come from religion. That came from human societal progression. Otherwise, we would be extinct right now if society had not evolved.

The antonym for religion is atheism. Atheism is simply, you don't believe in god. That's that. It doesn't suddenly change the way we think. We aren't the one's worshiping things we cannot prove. Any other belief other than the non-belief in god, is not atheism, by its very definition.

Err. Not everyone is American. It's laughable you are quoting a US federal court ruling when the U.S. is one of the most religiously indoctrinated countries in the world.

echo_unlimited, Aug 17, 2012 IP
    gworld likes this.
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Let me make this perfectly clear to you: No one cares what gworld thinks.

Will.Spencer, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  13. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I see. Me being new here, I'm basically in the dark on a lot of things.

Alter2Ego, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    People only care about what little willy thinks because his wife is an Arab with a gun and can shoot people if they are not nice to little willy. :)

245_willy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    gworld, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  15. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every court has it's jester/fool.

Obamanation, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  16. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that atheist vehemently refuse to acknowledge the religious crimes committed in it's name is somewhat between disgusting and shocking .

Atheism is a belief system that doesn't relate to anything in the material world , it is a belief system that is trying to recruit adepts by active advertising , it is a belief system that vitriolically hates other belief systems and tries to eradicate them , it is a belief systems that has followers that committed genocide for no other reason that those victims had a different belief system .

It sounds like a religion , it talks like a religion , it has religious extremists and it market itself against other religions . The atheist idea that came to Nietzsche and other philosopher had wasn't a religions , it was a philosophic idea that rejected theism . However the atheists of today resemble islamist in so many way that it is hard to distinguish them . Same violent rhetoric , same violent acts , same denial of reality .

You can try to fake reality , to hide it from view but it still exists and nothing else matters .

ApocalypseXL, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  17. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you mean No right-wing member of DP cares (or dares) to acknowledge his valuable input, because I care for one, so your statement is absolutely false.

Bushranger, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  18. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What has that got to do with them being atheist?

Some one who is atheist is simply a person who lacks a belief in god.

While people who don't believe god all have their own opinions, I doubt most atheists want to "eradicate" religion altogether. I think the general consensus is that it should not be involved with politics.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismreligionideology/a/AtheismBelief.htm

I think you are talking about theism, here. :cool:

echo_unlimited, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  19. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    /cough mercy support /cough /cough mercy support

Obamanation, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  20. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- ECHO UNLIMITED:
    Try telling that to the 62 million or so that were killed by Joseph Stalin--the atheist.

ALTER2EGO -to- ECHO UNLIMITED:
    As Creator, God had the right to execute wrongdoers in the Bible. Those executed in the Bible were either in active warfare against God's chosen people at the time (the ancient Israelites) or else they were engaged in gross wrongdoing such as those in Sodom and Gomorrah and those that died in the global flood of Noah's day.

Alter2Ego, Aug 21, 2012 IP