1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which web desing language is best?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by janejackson, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    jQuery is a Javascript library.

And .net is Microsoft's library (or platform if you wish) for everything, not just web development. (Not designing - that's artwork. Programming is developing. I wish people would learn the difference.)

That's because your college is teaching languages, not programming. Learning a language isn't learning programming (algorithms, data structures, classes, etc.) Learning programming as a side-item of a language isn't much better.

Rukbat, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  2. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for my ignorance about jQuery. I know nothing about it. I think Javascript is pretty difficult for me to master so learning jQuery would be too much for me.

richardm55, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  3. jamesicus

jamesicus Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no one best, although HTML in its various iterations is the essential foundation - you cannot produce a web page without using it - CSS is almost as essential.

James

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    jamesicus, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  4. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its everything depends how you call it. Maybe HTML and CSS are not designing languages, but for sure they are languages which are used to create every website. They are codes in which we build the website. We can write them in text editor including notepad. HTML and CSS are the core of every website. Other languages like Javascript make website dynamic. They change properties of DOM objects and as results change attributes of html tags.
    I can not understand why you still carp those design and development. Maybe it is difference between those process but I dont see it too much. I know that in both process html and css may be used in the same way.

richardm55, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  5. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I said the same many times before but people still say the same and they don't listen and don't understand.

6. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is the best by my opinion ,PHPMySQL combination is very helpful to design dynamic website.

lolpasslol, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I absolutely agree that php and mySQL is the best choice for building your dynamic website but...you still need to know html and css which are basics of web design.

8. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) PHP and SQL (MySQL isn't a language, it's the name of a database program) aren't design languages, they're programming languages. (So is Javascript.)

2) HTML is a markup language, not a programming language. (It's not used for development, it's used for content.)

3) CSS is a stylesheet language. (It's not used for development, it's used for style.)

The original post asked about design languages, and artwork is done in art, not in languages, so we can make one of two assumptions to answer the question:

1) The OP doesn't know the difference between development and design, and wanted to know the best actual language to use for web development. The answer, of course, is that HTML is the best markup language, CSS is the best stylesheet language, SQL is the best database language, Javascript is the best client-side programming language and the choice of server-side programming language is up to the developer.

2) The OP asked a question that has no answer, since artwork doesn't have a "language".

Why continue to mention the difference? Because words have meanings, and if we don't all use a word to mean the same thing, we cease to communicate and begin to post noise.

Rukbat, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  9. lazyspider

lazyspider Peon

Best Answers:
    Php, HTML, CSS are good enough for developing both dynamic and static website and obviously for long term :)

lazyspider, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  10. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are no replacement for html and css so it is pointless saying they good enough.
    PHP has other similar to it but it is still the most popular.

richardm55, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  11. lazyspider

lazyspider Peon

Best Answers:
    well actually, i mean combination of html, css and php is good enough! but you can add javascript, flash with them to make it more interactive and dynamic.

12. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its difference between php and Javascript.
    Javascript is client side programming language and it can be run on everyone's browser like html but PHP is server side programming language and can be run only on server at its special environment. And well both make website dynamic and each of them has its application.

13. newyorkitservice

newyorkitservice Peon

Best Answers:
    html and css web designing is best. because loading time quickly.

newyorkitservice, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  14. lazyspider

lazyspider Peon

Best Answers:
    btw can you think of a website without javascript nowadays? actually it is a must for web designing purpose, isn't it?

15. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both Javascript and server side eg PHP are used but they have different applications. Javascript works together with html to make page dynamic na client's browser and PHP is used for all functions needed on server, eg handling datebase or forms.

16. akashgarud

akashgarud Peon

Best Answers:
    These days CSS3 is giving you visual effects and transition effects like never before just without any javascript or any external hard core coding scripts. So it is better to go to a xhtml expert other than web developer for an html website.

akashgarud, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  17. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats true that CSS3 can do much more and can do those what has been done with Javascript before, as you mentioned transition and visual effect, eg in links, but Javascript can do much more. There are plenty of functions in Javascript that can interact with mouse clicking and keyboard pushing or realizing more complicated functions. So you can not realize that with CSS3.

18. sharingship

sharingship Peon

Best Answers:
    jscript php .net and html combination make good

sharingship, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  19. softlogique

softlogique Peon

Best Answers:
    The PHP is the best Web Desing Language.They more complex your applications become you will find benefits of implementing libraries like jQuery or other options like Python and Ruby.

softlogique, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  20. Dynamo_M

Dynamo_M Guest

Best Answers:
    ASP.NET MVC which directly works with jQuery, HTML5 and CSS3

Using ASP.NET MVC (which IS NOT classic ASP or ASP.NET WebForms) you make use of C#, you will likely get things done faster and more efficiently too, unit testing is easy and you can take full advantage of say LINQ and Entity

Dynamo_M, Aug 14, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.