1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to learn web-design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dewansignal1, Mar 5, 2012.

1. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you say so that means you don't understand what I am saying. I said that you can learn everything if you have ability to learn longer or quicker depends to your own ability but.....you will only learn technical things how to use this and that program and you will NEVER learn creativity because it is a part of your natural talent. As I said you will not learn it and will not buy it at the shop, you only inherit it by genes. And that's it. I think you understood what I said.

richardm55, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  2. othelle

othelle Peon

Best Answers:
    you are just flat wrong. if i read your comment correctly then you just made two wildly different statements. how about studying the latest trends? how about experimenting with what looks good to you and your client? if it looks good to you then there is someone out there in the world who will think the same. it takes a brain and determination. talent helps but its not the deciding factor of a good web designer. by the way, there are people who focus solely on graphic design and people who focus on coding and back end development.

othelle, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  3. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I think we both are partly right. I also appreciate determination and persistence but without natural talent you maybe achieve your result in longer time.

richardm55, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  4. sources68

sources68 Member

Best Answers:
    sources68, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  5. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try your best and begin with learning through w3schools. It may help a lot. just learn it and try it yourself on simple text pads. You may find it so interesting.

ashleyjohn2347, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  6. babu21

babu21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically, there are two things about web design-development. 1. web design 2. application development. To learn web design you need to learn html, css, photoshop, flash etc. and for application development you need to learn php, javascript, mysql etc. you can get online help from w3schools.com. thanks

babu21, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think if you design your website you need to know Javascript, not only during develop process. And its the same with php if you want to use for your website. I can agree that you need more knowledge of php during application development.

richardm55, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  8. Xeroxis

Xeroxis Peon

Best Answers:
    yes start to handcode on html to grasp the basics, avoid templates

Xeroxis, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  9. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is a good point. I don't like templates, neither. I have downloaded plenty free templates and one day I wanted to chose of them for my website and I did not like none of them. I could not just adapt none of them into my new website.
    Of course, we can always use some ideas or graphics from them. So I am gathering those elements and creating my own base of small graphics and icons for future use.

richardm55, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  10. Mithuasha

Mithuasha Banned

Best Answers:
    For learning web design you must learn several things. Firstly find a very good web design site to guide you like this one
    W3Schools.com

Mithuasha, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  11. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically there's only one thing. Design and development are entirely different things. Development requires a dominant left brain, design requires a dominant right brain. The last person I've heard of who had both hemispheres dominant was Leonardo da Vinci, so the possibility of someone being really good at both design and development is minuscule to none. That's why the really great sites were created by teams, not individuals.

Rukbat, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  12. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you mention design site could you give us some examples?

richardm55, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  13. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I said the same before its very difficult to build a stunning website by one person if it requires skills in graphic designing and skills in coding. Its very rare if someone has both skills together at heigh level.

14. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a age of self learning.
    At first try to learn from any local institute,
    if not possible go to webdesign(dot)org,w3scholl(dot)com.

lolpasslol, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  15. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you mainly html and css is important ,
    you can make mockup by any software like Photoshop ,fireworks etc .
    But my experience i can say Photoshop is best to design mockup.

lolpasslol, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  16. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to go to any school to learn html, css and photoshop. There are so many courses and tutorials available on-line, especially those in youtube. Plenty of resources in internet. Just google them.

17. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering that design requires a dominant right brain and development requires a dominant left brain, "very difficult" may be the understatement of the millennium. Leonardo da Vinci was great at both. I can't think of anyone else who was. That's 1 in many billion odds.

BTW, w3schools is development - and not a very good site to learn development from (take a look at http://www.w3fools.com to find out why) - but it's not a design site. You can't learn to be artistic. You can't learn what looks good and what doesn't. Not to the point that it does you any good. Design is art, and that's something inherent, not something learned. If you're right-brained you can easily learn design. If you're left-brained you can easily learn development. A right-brained person learning development, or a left-brained person learning design, is like a human being learning to curl his tail.

Rukbat, Aug 12, 2012 IP