1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Moderator Jobs

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by SheziKalebra, Aug 6, 2012.

Hey guys.

I currently work from home on a full time 40 hour per week as a broadband tech support advisor (call center work). I'm in need of extra money and trying to figure out what will work best for me for some extra bucks. I've come across something I believe will benefit me and I'll be good at; forum moderation. I have previous blogging experience but thinking of setting up my own little blog in a few months time when I have more time and money to invest.

I've never done anything like this before so just wanted people opinions and advice on how to go about it. Basically I'm wanting to know step by step the best way to go about it, as in offer free moderation for a few months to get experience and then look for a paid role?

And as for paid roles anywhere you would suggest I'd find a paid role?

Any info would be handy. Also any other ideas to make money online. Doesn't neccessarily mean easy money as I am a hard worker and will put everything into making it.

Thanks

SheziKalebra, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  2. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been a moderator on multiple forums for many years and not once did I get paid for it. I do it because I like doing it. Good luck finding a forum to pay you to moderate.

All the moderators on DP forum don't get paid a dime to moderate. They do it because they like it.

snakeair, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  3. action script

action script Member

Best Answers:
    Oh free service ....Then how you all pay internet bill, electricity bill, without salary how maintain your expenses ......

action script, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  4. SheziKalebra

SheziKalebra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Probably had a paid job on the side

SheziKalebra, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  5. Xch4ng3

Xch4ng3 Member

Best Answers:
    Look into doing freelance jobs. Freelancer.com has a lot of jobs, I'm sure you can find something on there.

Xch4ng3, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  6. SheziKalebra

SheziKalebra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do you know they don't get paid if you won't mind me asking? I've seen a lot of stuff in the past where people have been paid for such roles so it's not imposible

7. SheziKalebra

SheziKalebra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah was just looking into that last night looks good gonna have a shot at it

8. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting paid for forum moderation will not be an easy work for you. I don't know any forum that pay to it's moderator for moderation work. If any forum does that, it will certainly offers that to long term forum user, not to newbies.

rubeljoy, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  9. shamtek

shamtek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    we have in common

shamtek, Aug 8, 2012 IP