1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increasing your traffic

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by samkhare, Aug 5, 2012.

Now, when you have a website ready, you have an adsense account and you have ads running on your website congratulations!!! You have won half battle. Now all you need to do is publicity of your website and drag as much as you can user to your website. This is most important part as these visitors are one, which will click your ads and ultimately earn money for you.

There are several things that you can do to increase traffic to your website. Try not get involved in false practices as paying someone to visit your site or any such thing. As these things will not give you long term results. If you want to get long term returns from your site, than try to be honest with this program and have patience.

You can pay for services to help you with this, but you don’t have too. Everything is 100% free if you are ready to do a bit of search and use your mind. I have provided some excellent links to free submission sites to help

First and foremost submit to google, yahoo and bing (or any search engine that comes yor way). I will explain this in further steps.

Submitting your URLs and RSS Feeds

You need to submit your site EVERYWHERE. There are some sites which can provide you what we say “MOTHER LIST”, a list having a lot of sites to submit your site.I have a link to one such mother link. This guy will submit for you at a cost, but all the sites are listed so you can manually do it yourself. There are over 900 of them, so it will be time consuming. I am starting with doing 10 a day, and working from there until I get through the list. You will find it under my links

I have also included another great site with lists of places to submit your RSS feed, and RSS stands for really simple submission. It is labeled the RSS LINK LIST. There is also a huge list on that site specifically for submitting blogs.

When you are submitting your sites, be sure to submit them to the most relevant topic that your web page is about, and don’t just submit it to the top. Reason being that for one thing, you want people who are actually interested in your topic to find your site, and two, it just wastes yours and everyone else’s time if its submitted in the wrong category. It will likely get on the search engines faster if you take the time to add it to the right category.

Be patient. It takes time for everything to get added and indexed. Don’t expect to have 1000 unique visitors to your site right away. Also, you don’t want your site to end up in the sandbox, which I will get into in another post. Just submit to 10-20 places a day, being sure to change your title and description wording slightly so you don’t look like a spammer. It will take time to build your backlinks, and its better if you allow this to be a natural process rather then buying links, or traffic as this will risk you to get booted. Pinging your site, which basically lets those search engines know you have new content on your site, and sends a signal for the sites to crawl your site and find the new content. I have included a great pinging site, that once you enter your URL, you just visit and it will ping all 30 something sites for you.

Social Networking

Submitting your site is not enough. Plus, it takes time for all those places to get your information on their search engines. The best most effective way of getting it out there fast is joining forums, groups, sites, of people who are interested in the topic of your website. If you have put effort into you work, you should get allot of visitors. Also, you will learn more, the more you get out there. Don’t just join sites and post your link, if you want good traffic, you will have to take the time to participate in the forums, and not be a spammer.

I have found a few very helpful Webmaster forums. Please remember, if you join these forums, allot of these people have put a ton of time and effort into their sites, education about the program, and will not help someone who is just looking for a free hand out of their valuable secrets in this industry. Participate in the forums, give feedback to others. READ AND LEARN! My favorite so far is DIGITAL POINT and BLOG ENGAGE I am a member of others, but haven’t spent enough time on them yet to see how good they are. As I learn more about which forums are most helpful, I will add.

Search Engine Optimization

Please see my link Tools for reference. I have some very informative SEO links

Use the tools provided to check your site. Many of them will show errors on your page that search engines will have trouble with, if your keywords are visible, or if you could add more. The first time I ran a tool I found out my keywords were not visible, so I fixed it, ran the test again, and found I could add way more keywords then I had. These tools help you fine tune your website so the search engines have an easier time finding and indexing your site. ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED CAN BE FOUND AND USED FREE. There are sites out there that will charge a fee, but be aware, that all the tools you need are out there for free.

samkhare, Aug 5, 2012 IP
    learn2earn likes this.
  2. khoatri94

khoatri94 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Important, don't use black hat SEO such as buy links, get traffics thanks to surfing website, it's very harmful to your site. Social and SEO is the best way.

khoatri94, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  3. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is another way too

PPC
    Joint Ventures
    articles syndication
    guest blogging
    forums

dom19, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  4. Tankstar55

Tankstar55 Peon

Best Answers:
    know your viewer. Know how to reach them, know where to find them, and know what they want. If you can manage well that kind of scenario, you can easily get traffics.

Tankstar55, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  5. faithyunn

faithyunn Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the only way to increase traffic is to increase the number of backlinks and also increase your social media activity.

faithyunn, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  6. inout

inout Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how important are social medias for increasing traffic??

inout, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  7. houseofweddings

houseofweddings Peon

Best Answers:
    Increase the traffic on your site you have to do social media optimization activities in social networking sites like Facebook,Linkedin,Twitter.

houseofweddings, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  8. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    For traffic, few commonly used techniques are;
    Social networking
    Social bookmarking
    Forum
    Blog
    Link building also works for that.

rubeljoy, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  9. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    thank you very much for positing such an important information.i think forums are a great way to achieve links to website. in most forums you are allowed to have a signature and in your signature you can put a link to your website.there are a lot of possibility to drive more traffic though forums.

eyesight, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  10. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah to increase traffic you can use social networking, forum posting, blog commenting etc. These are good and useful method of increasing traffic.

Digital_lover, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  11. johnabraham825@gmail.com

johnabraham825@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me quality back linking and good content is best way of increasing your traffic.

12. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    Quite helpful post. I think lots of newbie here will find your post useful.

alphaomegalady, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  13. aquariusmediaaamar

aquariusmediaaamar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    For increasing traffic you can also use it

Forum posting
    Try for guest blogging
    Relevent articles
    Focus for PPC

aquariusmediaaamar, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  14. borisjer

borisjer Peon

Best Answers:
    Just everyday update.

borisjer, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  15. cashinghub

cashinghub Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlink i don't think it helps in increasing too much as far as traffic is concern, Yes, it helps you more getting good PR. Now only thing you need to concentrate on unique post, how advanced you are in blogging. Keep updating your blog regularly is really important aspect.

cashinghub, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  16. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree with the others, never buy Backlinks or traffic. Google will find out, the best way is so gain useful back links and too be active on social networks.

Noticed, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  17. GameGirl1979

GameGirl1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just managed recently to install my own blogging software on my site, where I can really post up tons of links for my other sites to help promote them. Its .php based and has alot of plugins and options you can get. It was fairly easy to install if you know how to make a database and modifty the config.php takes about 5 minutes.

If anyone is interested in creating your own blogs and allowing others to blog on your site, get it for free at: http://www.sourceforge.com/ and search for serendipity, heres an example of my blog, http://pokerbonuslistings.com/pokerblogs/ you can administrate what other bloggers can do on your page also, lots of features and spam blockers, and of course if anyone here wants to get a blog and start experimenting with it, register at my site and get one.

GameGirl1979, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  18. Maschit

Maschit Peon

Best Answers:
    The Internet marketing promotion strategies you implement for your website have a great role at determining the amount of targeted traffic your site generates.

There are many different services available to help you enhance the traffic flow to your website, the two main ones are search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay per click (PPC).

Pay per click is very different to this in that it is in the paid listings as an advertisement. What makes this different to other advertisements is that it offers a much higher return on investment (ROI).

beware of the risk of losing money if you not understand the rules of the game

Maschit, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  19. sanders80

sanders80 Peon

Best Answers:
    You really gave us a lot of opportunity to make a lot of traffic and backlinks for our seo things.Thanks for sharing.

sanders80, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  20. Alexpol

Alexpol Peon

Best Answers:
    Hiiiiiii
    welcome to this amazing site,
    I am not expert in field, But i suggest you to contact your friend's n any other expert in this field

Alexpol, Aug 30, 2012 IP