1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to choose best keyword ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shubhangi, Aug 6, 2012.

can anybody please tell me how can i choose best keyword for my site ? Is there any software except google adwords or not ?

shubhangi, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords is the best tool (especially with its recent improvements) and all other tools use it (even if they offer additional features). Learn how to use it for keyword research. (More or less, that means reading the help and tips within Google Adwords Keywords Tool.)

So, choose your niche and then research keywords that are popular (hint: use exact match).

ryan_uk, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  3. EMD Reports

EMD Reports Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree that Google Adwords keyword tool is the best...

I also disagree with the [exact match] results, when there are much better ways to research keywords.

Google only gives part of the picture.

There are several tools that make it easier to understand Google's data, and easier to do complete research with the 'keyword ideas' that Google shows you.

Suggestions:

Traffic Travis
    Market Samurai
    KeywordSpy.com

These are three that I use all of the time. All three of those use data from Google, but provide more value with the end result.

Most people have a hard time with research, so you're not alone. It took me a while to finally get comfortable with the method that works for me.

You can pay people to do the research for you, by the way.

Ryan_UK was definitely right when he said that you need read the help and tips until you learn it. It's just something to learn. Once you know it, you own it.

Hope that helps.

EMD Reports, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  4. jyotsna01

jyotsna01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree that Google Adwords keyword tool is the best...
    Google only gives us clues...
    take a clue from adwords chose the keyword with high global ranking nad use latent samentic indexing acc to that create your own keywrds that you fell people can search...
    happy blogging..hope it helps you..

jyotsna01, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  5. EMD Reports

EMD Reports Peon

Best Answers:
    I hesitated to mention LSI, jyotsna, but since you bring it up, I have to completely agree with you. It's a part of the process. It's not the ONLY part of the process, but it does help you know that you're covering all of your bases...

I'm glad to hear someone else agree with me regarding the Google Keyword tool... :)

6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Personal preference, but it's data right from Google, can't say that isn't good. Out of the three you mentioned, I've used two of them (TT and MS, plus several other tools) and they were poor (especially Traffic Travis, buggy, doesn't check rankings correctly, doesn't estimate keyword difficulty very well at all). In fact, I just tried KeywordSpy and it didn't seem to contain any additional keyword suggestions, just had the wrong search volumes (broad rather than exact). So, this wouldn't be particularly helpful.

Wrong. Exact gives you exact traffic (exact, broad and phrase are about traffic volumes, not keyword suggestions); you still get the same keyword suggestions. This is a very common misconception. If you don't use exact then you get a false illusion of a keyword's traffic.

How is that? It gives the data and they all use it. If you spend time learning Google's Keyword Tool then it's very powerful and informative. Things like advanced options and filters (such as limiting by search volume. location, language, devices, etc), "ad group ideas", "saved ideas", etc, make it even more useful, and show every kind of picture you need.

ryan_uk, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Google keyword tool already suggests other ones and they aren't clues, but what people are actually searching for and stay within what is considered relevant. Essentially, this term "LSI" that marketers/SEOs like to throw around is about deriving additional keywords from the original one. Google Keyword Tool already does this. Wander too far and you start getting into the realms of irrelevancy, which isn't going to help. (LSI is supposed to be about relevant, related.) For example, with anchor text: If your page doesn't relate to the keywords you're using as anchor text (or content text where the link is) then Google isn't going to trust this vote. Google's suggestions are your friend and how to stay safe. (Or risk being a victim of Penguin and/or Panda.)

ryan_uk, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  8. mizugaki_showa

mizugaki_showa Peon

Best Answers:
    the best way to get good keywords on a current site?

1. use google kwt - why? because you can get a rough estimate how many people are searching for that particular kw. if possible, have one main kw and maintain 2 more sub kw.

2. install a tracking software on your site - track it for 2 to 4 weeks depending on the traffic you are receiving. then you should see which keywords will bring in visitors and re-check it at google kwt if the average monthly visitor is above 1000. if it does, concentrate on that particular kw.

-mizu

mizugaki_showa, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  9. EMD Reports

EMD Reports Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your points, Ryan. Here are my thoughts, on your thoughts...

I agree about the personal preference. But assuming the data is good(or useful) simply because it's from Google, is where we differ. If you read the help section, they very clearly say that they are giving 'keyword ideas'.

Here's very good example of bad results, that I just found while doing a Google Keyword Search for the term "dog collar":

View attachment 88877

I don't believe anyone in the world is searching for that phrase. Period.

This example, is Google's way of displaying data without an apostrophe, but a lot of people would not understand that, and might even decide to try and rank for that phrase. I mean, it has over a dollar CPC estimate for any of the search methods, after all.

So, you're saying the [exact search] above is accurate? When is the last time you used a search phrase like that, ever? You have too much faith in technology.

This is straight from Google Support, in their help section:
    “When you enter words or phrases that are related to your product or service in the Keyword Tool, you'll see keyword ideas and ad group ideas that are related to your terms. Then, you can get more keyword and ad group ideas that are similar to the results you like.”

I definitely agree with you about the [exact] type of search. It's the most accurate if you're only trying to rank for one single word. However, ask anyone who has read their Google traffic data, and they'll tell you about a whole LOT of keywords they never knew about before. The reason is that Google is always on the lookout for the BEST response, even though the searchers aren't always the same page as Google, so to speak. The shorter the search phrase, the more lateral search results you will get. The longerer the phrase, the less lateral results Google will send you. (I'm saying a lot of this for other reader's edification, I believe you already know this stuff.)

The problem is in the pic i showed above. It's that it's pretty raw data. It doesn't give you ANY indication about how well others are competing for that keyword in the SERPS. In fact, it's not even for the SERPS. It's so you'll spend more money picking keywords that 'might' relate to a searcher. Without tools like Traffic Travis or Market Samurai, it's hard to decipher the data as thoroughly and quickly. Regarding KeywordSpy.com, they are the authority on tracking keywords data. Show me anything similar in Google's toolbox, with regard to tracking exact ads, etc.

I'm not sure when you last used Traffic Travis or Market Samurai, or which part gave you results that you didn't trust. However, on the keyword research, they both allow you to switch between ALL THREE types of search data from Google.

Listen, I'm not "anti-Google data". You have to admit that it requires a more advanced understanding of keywords, if it is to be used stand-alone.

Clearly you're an advanced user, but most are not.

In all fairness, the original poster asked two questions. One of the asked if there was an alternative to the Google tool.

I was just answering the question. Neither one of us gave enough information on how to pick the best keyword.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  10. jamesmike1985

jamesmike1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Take keywords from google adword tool which is having search volume above 10,000.

jamesmike1985, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  11. ItMakesCents

ItMakesCents Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if the search volume is 5000 or so, you can still generate some revenue from it.

ItMakesCents, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  12. jitendrashukla

jitendrashukla Member

Best Answers:
    Google Keywords generator tool is best for keywords research, most of the Internet marketing professional use Google Keywords generator tool.

jitendrashukla, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  13. PaulRigby

PaulRigby Active Member

Best Answers:
    choose a keyword with high traffic..for keyword analysis just make use of google keyword generator tool

PaulRigby, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  14. jyotsna01

jyotsna01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose the keywrds frm google adwed keyword tool...
    choose keywrd with low competition and high global rank...
    After chosing keywrd frm google adword...use latent samentic indexing...
    and put only 3-5 keywords in a single post...
    and repeat ur keywrds in the post as much as you can...
    Write ur content rich with keywords...
    dont make ur post much lenghty...bt use 3 -5 keywrds in the whole post repeatedly again and again..
    take care that the content you write shld be fresh and exclusive..
    To rank your website on google first page and to get high pr(page rank)create backlinks..
    generate the organic traffic via forum posting,directory submision,blog commenting,socail bookmark sharing site..
    forum posting and directory submission is most imp as it helps in incresing traffic and creating link..
    do blog commenting on sites similar to your website niche..
    make your content fresh and unique...above all a blooger need patience and consistence in his work..
    Happy blogging..hope it helps you..

jyotsna01, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  15. johanshaw

johanshaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear first off all you have. to judge yourself that in which field you can work better . You can get idea from ad words but don't relay on it. One of simple way is just think about keyword and write this sword in Google search and see which site come on top then you can check their keywords and try to make your own key word by moving those keywords left and right . you can also take help from keyword spy.

johanshaw, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  16. townmayor

townmayor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keywords are not all that easy to work with either, especially when your dealing with a website that has thousands if not million of websites with the same content, for instance flash game websites, i looked and look and cannot find one decent keyword..i am either going about it wrong or there just is not any keywords left for that niche. lol

townmayor, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  17. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    Choose your best keywords from google Adwords keyword research tool.

andersonsjohn, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  18. hennrysmith777

hennrysmith777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Choosing the right keywords and phrases for your website is an important part of the process of search engine optimization and making your site more visible to search engines and searchers alike.
    [h=3]Here's How:[/h]1. You'll want to think about who is your target audience, and what the primary focus of your website will be.
    2. Jot down a list of words and phrases that you think people might type into search engines when looking for your site.
    3. Each page on your site should have one to three related keyword phrases that are site-specific.
    4. Your keywords should be used throughout your site copy - where they make sense - as well as in your title tag and various meta tags.
    5. It takes a while to get the hang of finding the right keywords that work, but once you've mastered this skill, you'll really see how this can benefit your site.
    [h=3]Tips:[/h]
    1. Be creative, but be choosy.
    2. Try not to target keyword phrases that are too competitive.
    3. If there are unusual words associated with your content that you think people might search for, or misspellings, include them sparingly.

hennrysmith777, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  19. Rezoan

Rezoan Member

Best Answers:
    Use adwords more thoughtfully and implement results from Google Insights and Keep eye on Trends. Utilizing all these keyword analyzer you may get the best result.

Rezoan, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  20. M Rakib

M Rakib Member

Best Answers:
    I mean google adword is best.

M Rakib, Aug 8, 2012 IP