1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help with selling my domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gsduds, Aug 3, 2012.

So, i got this email from a guy which want to buy my domain name. He wants me to buy a professional appraise and trademark check before he buys it. the problem is that i have no budget to buy that. should i ask him to do it or what should i do?

Thx

gsduds, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  2. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like a spammer, some guys do like this for the benefit of their professional appraise and trademark service.
    Some stupid company also offered me like this. I declined them and asked if really interested to buy domain then do appraise yourself.
    If that company can buy a domain worth $3000 can't he afford a little fee for domain appraisal and trademark check.

It's a trick.

pupul, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  3. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeh its a scam to get you to buy an appraisal
    if he was for real he would get an appraisal himself to make you a reasonable offer

cerno, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This is 100% a scam. Why in the world would you need to buy an appraisal to sell your site? Many of us have received this same offer before. It is a scam to get you to buy the appraisal in your excitement about selling the domain.

browntwn, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  5. 1AmericansView

1AmericansView Peon

Best Answers:
    selling a domain is a lot like selling a home. most states require the buyer to pay for inspections, appraisals, and so on. so the seller can't cheat them.

well if he is offering to buy the domain he should already know what it is worth. or what he would want to spend on it.

only info he might want is analytics reports, adsense reports, and so on if you are claiming it has good traffic, or makes good revenue.

so don't pay anything to sell your site.

1AmericansView, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  6. gsduds

gsduds Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks, i will not appraise it for him then :). But the strange thing is that he didnt send a link to any appraisal? how can they earn money on this? or is it just to be annoying?

gsduds, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  7. 1AmericansView

1AmericansView Peon

Best Answers:
    if you agreed to do it he probably would have sent you a link or something.

1AmericansView, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  8. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    have he already suggested the appraisal service and the paypal address to transfer the appraisal fees into? :)

atxsurf, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  9. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you will be ready to appraise the domain, he will definitely let you know at that time.
    After you appraise he won't buy. May not reply or block your email id, or give a false reason not to buy.

pupul, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  10. Starlee

Starlee Peon

Best Answers:
    Be aware from scammers

Starlee, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  11. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Tell him you'll minus the "appraisal" fee from the sale price he pays, but you won't pay anything upfront.....this is your typical appraisal scammer trying to scam you

htmlindex, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  12. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    This is a very common scam email. They ask you to pay for an appraisal at a site they recommend. After taking your money for the "appraisal", they vanish.

If you have not had a back-and-forth conversation with this individual, then you should assume it is a spambot.

If the person seriously wants an appraisal, they can pay for it themselves. They approached you; so they would be the motivated party, right?

If you think the buyer is a real person, you can direct them to me; and I will both appraise the domain and negotiate the sale on your behalf.

ImageAuthors, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  13. DomainsOfDesire

DomainsOfDesire Peon

Best Answers:
    Almost 100% a scam!

Ignore it.

DomainsOfDesire, Aug 18, 2012 IP