1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Basics For 2012

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by benhuebner, Jul 16, 2012.

You can divide SEO in two (Three) major parts, they are :

1. Keyword Research (Discover what your target visitors are looking/searching for)
    2. Onpage SEO (Tweaks on your site)
    3. Off Page SEO (Links pointing to your site)
    {4. Social SEO (Create social profiles, link to yuor site, add friends and be active)}

Keyword Research (This is important, so If you havn´t done it, make sure to look for some additional advice)

1. Use keyword tools to discover related keywords, try to targeted 3 - 4 word phrases.
    2. Mark them and download them
    3. Check the competition in Google (Search for them and place "" around them, target terms with below 30.000 - 50.000 results)
    4. Choose 2 - 3 keywords per article/page

This is just one method, there are many more as well as software to help you do the job (Do a search for TrafficTravis, there is a good free version)

Onpage SEO :

1. Optimize your content (keyword density, keywords in headlines, alt tags, bold and italic and so on)
    2. Optimize your metatags : Make sure to add your keywords in title, description and keywords mata tags,
    3. Make sure to add a sitemap, a robot txt file.
    4. Interlink related articles on your website, also link back to your homepage.
    5. Make sure your website loads fast

you can read more about this topic here :
    http://webtrafficsoftware.info/06/strategies/onpage-seo/onpage-seo-checklist/

Off Page SEO

Offpage seo is all about building quality backllinks pointing to your site! This is were you can make a lot mistakes since the last two Google updates!
    Here are a few of my favorite methods :

Article marketing : submit quality articles (or content in general) to the popular article directories! Make sure to add a attractive title, as well as a well written resource box, including your backlink!
    Social Bookmarking : Submit your site and internal pages to the major social bookmarking websites!
    Blog commenting : search for quality blog posts and leave a quality comment, add your backlink in the specified field!
    Video marketing : submit your video to the major video sharing sites!
    PR subbmissions : Like article m,arketing, write a press release and post it on the major pR sites!

Some tips you should keep in mind :

1. Build you backlinks over time! Avoid building lots of links in a short time frame!
    2. Make sure to build links from many different locations, using different strategies (not only article submissions, for example)
    3. Build quality links, you do not need 100s of low quality backlinks!

Social SEO

1. Create social profiles for your website
    2. Interlink Profiles and your Website
    3. Link from your website to your profiles
    4. Be Active on those networks
    5. Post quality content and link back to related article on your website

http://webtrafficsoftware.info/06/strategies/social-seo/media-ranking-factors/

Combine the steps above with quality content and you should be fine!

Since the last Google updates, the most importnat task is to utilize high quality and unique content! Feel free to add your ideas or ask any questions you got!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    benhuebner, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  2. stepbystep

stepbystep Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I have one question in my mind, in off-page activities you didn't mentioned directory submission ? Doing directory submission is harmful for site ?

stepbystep, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  3. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is going beyond the basics and it is a good SEO plan outline.

kalseo, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  4. benhuebner

benhuebner Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don´t think so, I just forget to mention it!

Thanks for adding!

Here are some other methods I´m using to build backlinks:

RSS feed Submissions
    Web 2.0 Sites
    Content Syndication in general

5. VijayGuliya

VijayGuliya Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Basics – 1. Write content by hand: If you are generating spun or recycled content, than you are never going to see long term results in this field of SEO. Good quality content has always been the most important factor in SEO, and it is still there, and will always be there. Also, good content is not only good for SEO, it helps in increasing the conversion as well.SEO Basics – 2. Keyword research: Do it properly, you can`t take it easy on Keyword research. Because if keyword research is not right, you might end up wasting a lot of your time and money and still see no results after weeks and even months. You must use Google Adwords tool for effective and accurate keyword research.SEO Basics – 3. Traffic Analysis: Analyze your current traffic, try to find out the week points of your website. Find out what is holding the buyers back from making a purchase. This can do wonders to your overall SEO goals.SEO Basics – 4. Use Webmaster Tools: I have seen many SEOs and webmasters ignoring this. Using webmasters tools is a must, if you really want to perform well in Google Search Engine.SEO Basics – 5. SEO Tracking Tools: Use various SEO tools to keep checking your sites performance, including backlinks, indexed pages, PR and some other parameters.SEO Basics – 6. Proper On-Page SEO: Make a well define structure of your website and make sure that internal linking are done with keywords as anchor texts. A Site`s structure plays a vital role in website optimization. Easy and well defined navigation does not only help Bots in identifying various pages on your website but it will also give a pleasant experience to your visitors

VijayGuliya, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  6. johnhayden11

johnhayden11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I Think Here Added Also Good Information About of SEO Related Technique.Which Is Very Useful For Every One SEO .But I Think Plz Check 1 Time Following Suggestion About SEO Technique:-
    1. Daily Wise Check Your Web Page Content
    2. Update Unique Meta Every Web Pages.
    3. Create Good Image optimize Use (alt Tag )
    4. Create Every After 15 Days Your SiteMap.Xml
    5. Remove on page errors like Junk Code Links , Broken Links,And Many Things...

johnhayden11, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  7. benhuebner

benhuebner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally aggree (With all points you mentioned) but high quality content is the key to succeed with SEO in 2012 and beyond!

8. businessoftheday

businessoftheday Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow this is great and very helpful information. Thank you for sharing this best information.

businessoftheday, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  9. wilsonn

wilsonn Peon

Best Answers:
    thank u for sharing this SEO Work Details keep going on.

wilsonn, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  10. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your descriptive post about SEO. Don’t you think, your classified social SEO is one type of off page SEO?

Digital_lover, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  11. surmalllive

surmalllive Peon

Best Answers:
    i understand all that ideas your mentioned , but now i am not really sure that what is the most important part in offpage seo,and what should i do

surmalllive, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  12. tizmon

tizmon Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,
    There are many changes have been in SEO by last year from Google side and all.

Thanks.....

tizmon, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  13. valen123

valen123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the nice information

valen123, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  14. Atif123

Atif123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this information, can you tell me some about new panda and google penguin update ?

Atif123, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  15. benhuebner

benhuebner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right. But there are also on page tweacks you can use to increase your social reach! Placing sharing buttons on your site is just an example!

Important in offpage seo these days is to diversify you link building!

I recomment to choose 2, better 3 link building strategies to begin with, you can add some more later on! I also start always withRSS and directory submissions, this takes not much time.
    Another important point is that youneed to spread your link building over a period of time!

Post Pinguin Pande :

1. GO always for quality, not quantity!
    2. Use only Unique and Quality content
    3. Diversify your Anchortext massively
    4. Social Ranking Signals Are becomming more and more important!
    5. Provide the ebst possible uer experience (Load time, Content, Bounce rate)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    benhuebner, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  16. Jeff B

Jeff B Peon

Best Answers:
    wow thanks for this...i am just new at seo and I even not knew at first that what i was doing is part of an seo!...now i'll consistently hang on this site to get more tips...thanks...:)

Jeff B, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  17. abhinavkumar123

abhinavkumar123 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is about the matter of good content. The content plays an important in basic SEO.

abhinavkumar123, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  18. trainingpromotions

trainingpromotions Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot for this info

trainingpromotions, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  19. manojihpl

manojihpl Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very usefull information for all. thanks for sharing this nice info. great

manojihpl, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  20. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice little guide. I think social is the most important with the new algo changes :)

ninjamtlt1, Jul 19, 2012 IP