1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Forum Signature Helps SEO?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Mia2012, Jul 9, 2012.

hello everyone,

I would like to know if forum signature helps for search engine optimization ? if yes how ? Please list me some forums where i can use and benefit from it ?

Thank's

Mia2012, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    It helps the search engine optimizations job, but it doesn't work if you do black hat methods like forum spamming. This will only hit you down.

imfusa, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    signature link is helping more on explore your site, less on SEO

lifeplayer, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  4. aaronroofing

aaronroofing Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Forum links give you a backlink that can help your website.

aaronroofing, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  5. mehrun

mehrun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes forum signature gives you backlink.

mehrun, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  6. theopenalgorithm

theopenalgorithm Peon

Best Answers:
    While forum links do in general aid your SEO efforts there are some reservations to be made. First of all if a forum uses the nofollow tag on sig links then they don't pass link juice and thus have no direct search engine benefit.

Second, the quality of a link is paramount, thus a link from a low quality forum or even links from unpopular threads within a forum are worth less than links from quality forums and popular threads.

Third, with forums you ideally want to be seen on threads that have quite a few responses, but with that comes more outbound links and resultingly more division of PageRank.

Overall I would put forums down as an area of marketing with most value not in search engine benefit but in the direct traffic garnered from people clicking on those links in your sig, nonetheless theoretically these links certainly should help, to what extent nobody can tell you.

theopenalgorithm, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  7. MoolaMails

MoolaMails Peon

Best Answers:
    having forum links can help your websites rank in search engines. If you make well thought out informative posts than people will take notice of your signature and visit your website as well which can be more important than the backlink itself. Be active and help others on forums and your website will get more traffic.

MoolaMails, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  8. seotop

seotop Member

Best Answers:
    Only quality, pretty old and respected accounts with lots of posts will help your rankings (it's better to have such on a relevant niche forum). Also you can achieve a refferal traffic ;)

seotop, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  9. newspopularity

newspopularity Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe yes so i also do it

newspopularity, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  10. Cyberdog1

Cyberdog1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes of course it does and the more you increase your forum usage that greater feedback you get from the forum community.

Cyberdog1, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  11. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    Works well for me. Though it's always a good idea to do some research on the forum you plan to post on.

JW1981, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  12. JulioFabiano

JulioFabiano Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes forum signature is consider as backlinks in search engine. Backlinks give good ranking in search engine. So Forum posting is good for create backlinks and get ranking result in search engine.

JulioFabiano, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  13. haaiamerica

haaiamerica Peon

Best Answers:
    The do follow signature having to generate high quality back links to our page.

haaiamerica, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  14. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course!
    How? By putting your signature link in any post that you'll be making in a forum.
    Some forums where you can benefit from it? Actually, based on my opinion, you can put signature links on 90% of all the forums in the internet. So you can pretty much just choose which forum you would like to make a post and put your signature link on it.

imgeek2727, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You of course are assuming a search engine will ever see your signature.

This forum (and many others) don't show signatures to users unless they are logged in. This means Google will never see your signature here. For example look how Google sees this thread:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2515005

digitalpoint, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  16. d-c-a

d-c-a Member

Best Answers:
    Try to find a forum with do-follow links (that shows them to google) that is related to the topic of your site - those will help some. Especially if you add useful information and your posts/threads get linked to.

d-c-a, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  17. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, forum signatures CAN help SEO, but not all the time (depends on the forum, relevancy, and how popular the site is), and while you may be able to get a large number of backlinks from each comment, they aren't as powerful as other types of backlinks.

dom19, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  18. Eugeanne

Eugeanne Peon

Best Answers:
    You will get quality backlink from it.

Eugeanne, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  19. burnupinvestments

burnupinvestments Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best benefit you will get from a forum link is referral traffic. Now this is huge if your websites related to what the forums about of course. The best thing is forum participation. The more people get to know you and find you trustworthy the more likely they will go to you for provided services and what not.

burnupinvestments, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  20. Traffic_Masters

Traffic_Masters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its more there for targeted traffic, heres a real world example

Last week I was looking for a SEO firm to take on a few projects, I ended up on the UK business forums looking for unbiased reviews of companies and noticed someone being very helpful in all the SEO threads, giving out really good tips and feedback - I looked below and seen he worked for a certain SEO company, I called them up later on that day and agreed on a monthly fee! All thanks to his forum signature

So to answer your question, No forum signatures for the most, do not help SEO but, when used correctly they are great for gaining targeted traffic!

Hope that helps

Traffic_Masters, Jul 13, 2012 IP