1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN slow months

Discussion in 'eBay' started by mco65, Jun 29, 2012.

June, July and August are historically the slowest months of the year for me and EPN.
    Does anyone notice the same downturn during the summer months..

For me, my earnings are typically 75% down from the peak months of Nov/Dec/Jan. :(

mco65, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  2. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me there are way too many other factors affecting earnings, mostly related to various Google updates. Also, I have a niche focusing on summer-related products, so I actually get a boost that kind of cancels out any major seasonal summer dip. I suppose there IS a bit of a dip, but not as large as yours. It is worth finding some niches that sell more over summer to cancel out the effect.

markowe, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  3. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    June was a dog for me.. lowest earnings so far this year by almost half. But, July has been golden so far. Within 1 week, my July earnings are double my June total earnings.. not sure if I should be happy or sad but I guess I will opt for Happy!

mco65, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  4. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hm, yeah, I have had a major improvement in July too - though directly relating to increased traffic. Haven't quite put my finger on where it's coming from (or rather, am too lazy to go poking around in my stats).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    markowe, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  5. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to bump an old thread but just wanted to update those who are interested in my EPN stats.
    EPN changed their algo in late june or early july of 2013 and things improved greatly on my sites.
    Where I had been struggling to get my EPC above .10, it now regularly is over $1. I think the final stats for me for the month of July (2013) will put my EPC at .98 which is about a 100% better than the old formula.

Now I am not silly enough to believe my EPC will stay this high because in the past, anytime things were going good for me with EPC, ebay would tinker and kill my earnings so I suspect that is coming very soon but for now, I am very happy with my EPC earnings!

mco65, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  6. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    Told ya it wouldn't last long. EPN did it again and now my earnings are back down to crap. ARGH!

mco65, Oct 25, 2013 IP