1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Make Your Blog Penguin Friendly

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shivambest, Jul 3, 2012.

The recent Penguin update rolled out my Google on April 24 , 2012 has raised the standard for webmasters.It is getting tougher day by day to consolidate your present Search Engine Ranking which means that you must pay attention to factor that affects your Google SERP ranking. When we sticks to good practices and keeps proper check on all SERP ranking factors search engine's will reward us in return.

Here are some factors that will help you make your blog Google's Penguin update Friendly
    Fresh and Content :- Penguin algorithm update makes it necessary to have unique and useful content. This will enhance user experience as it will help them to find relevant content easily.If you update your site regularly with unique and useful content your ranking will be improved and you will get more traffic in return.

Good Content Placement :-Never add images in beginning of the post , always add images after describing the topic of your article in about 50 to 100 words.Use Keywords wisely in beginning of your article or blog post. Pushing useful content and keywords onto top of your article will help you improve your results with Penguin

Blog Indexing :- A blog with more then 50 posts and most of them indexed by Google is a sign of being Penguin friendly.

Page Rank :- Page rank is still one of the most important factor that affects your search engine ranking. If you can improve you will improve your search engine ranking for sure.

Webmasters tool :- It is a tool which tells webmasters about various factors of their sites performance. You can see your blogs loading time , pages crawled by Google , broken links in your blog and many more. This tool can help you improve your blogs performance drastically.

Social Media :- Penguin prefers content the is loved by users of social media sites like Facebook , Twitter, Google Plus One .Content that is popular on these social media site gets higher ranking in search results.

Lower Your Loading Time :- Avoid using bulky flash apps and any other background image that increases your blogs loading time. Penguin Loves
    blogs that are fast.

shivambest, Jul 3, 2012 IP
    quatto likes this.
  2. JulioFabiano

JulioFabiano Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good information for me, I see your penguin friendly blog information and it is so important for me to submission of blog post. Thanks for it.

JulioFabiano, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  3. quatto

quatto Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice. Short and sweet. Perfect for anyone still confused about the penguin update.

I didn't know about the image placement. I learned something.

quatto, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  4. JakeSmithOZ

JakeSmithOZ Member

Best Answers:
    Thats pretty interesting information, im still adjusting with the penguin effect and has lot more to work with my sites ;)

JakeSmithOZ, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  5. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty piece of advice, really appreciate it.

kinnethharring, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  6. shivambest

shivambest Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks friends for your appreciation

shivambest, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  7. psycho180

psycho180 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Simple Yet Beautifull articles... :)

psycho180, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  8. Siihihi

Siihihi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The image placement is also new for me.
    Thanks for the advice ! :)

Siihihi, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  9. Forcit_Cample

Forcit_Cample Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Such a great post. Thanks for being a part of this forum :)

Forcit_Cample, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  10. seoguys04

seoguys04 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well researched write up indeed! However, I think the key points of Google Penguin are no new stuff...

Cloaking
    Links
    Hidden text and links
    Keyword stuffing
    Content duplication in multiple pages

These are the major watch words for Google Penguin. Webmasters who have been been following all Google guidelines since the beginning are surely running sites that are Penguin friendly.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    seoguys04, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  11. DoesntMatter

DoesntMatter Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this information

I also know that Penguin doesn't like high percent of targeting keywords in backlink anchor.

DoesntMatter, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  12. edvaldingham

edvaldingham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That was a nice tip buddy, thanks for the share.

edvaldingham, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  13. raja24

raja24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah its nice, but the penguin update major fact is quality link building. if you build with low quality links then you may loss your SERP. In the previous update panda algorithm its major fact is content.

raja24, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  14. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    Nice one! However, no matter what! I always use to be comply with google webmaster quality guidelines, that makes me stay relaxed.

josefaryan, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  15. shivambest

shivambest Member

Best Answers:
    Nice practice

shivambest, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  16. henrywilliams

henrywilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    By making sure that you do not participate in low quality link building and avoiding such kind of linking strategy you can make sure you didn't mess up with Google Penguin.

henrywilliams, Jul 8, 2012 IP
  17. shadoze

shadoze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding PR, this comment could not be further from the truth. PR is virtually a meaningless metric. And has been for quite some time. The correlation between PR and actual SERP ranking simply does not exist. If you want to gauge the true authority of a site use OSE, domain and page authority are metrics that far better reflect the kind of juice a site can give you.

As for social signals, while they have some value, I certainly wouldn't say that they are a lot of value. Google cannot tell the difference between real social signals and those that are fake. Therefore the importance placed on these types of signals by Google is less than you might think. They do carry some weight so social signals should be a part of any campaign, but Google knows there is a lot of fake social marketing occurring and weight these less than other factors.

shadoze, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  18. theopenalgorithm

theopenalgorithm Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because Toolbar PageRank may not be the most up to date metric available, doesn't mean that the real PageRank, i.e. the one used in the algorithm couldn't be a strong signal. The author makes no distinction between the two and thus we must assume he refers to real PageRank, which is certainly still a highly important and relevant factor within the Google algorithm.

I would strongly contest this point, it has no valid logic behind it and is tantamount to hocus-pocus and pure speculation, if you think about it logically, Google would have no reason to penalise articles that contain images at the start vs. in the middle, this doesn't make for a better or worse article. In fact in many cases such positioning of images is very helpful to the user, for example I often read BBC News on my iPhone, and love the image that appears right at the top of most articles.

theopenalgorithm, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  19. shadoze

shadoze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No it is not. And there is no way to know what the other one is, so that alone makes the toolbar PR meaningless. Go with OSE domain auth and you'll have a MUCH better metric of site value.

shadoze, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  20. theopenalgorithm

theopenalgorithm Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done correlation studies on 10,000+ search results and found both Toolbar PageRank and other metrics believed to make up the real PageRank algorithm to be the highest correlated signals out of 150+ tested.

While OSE may be an excellent or even better metric, I didn't question the validity of the metric or say that Toolbar PageRank was a good one, I merely stated that real PageRank the one they use in the algorithm, the algorithm that at its infancy was almost totally reliant on PageRank still uses links and the relative value/quality is a significant ranking signal, which all scientific, anecdotal, real-world and logically evidence points to.

theopenalgorithm, Jul 9, 2012 IP