1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I make money on Flippa with new site :-)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mhanys, Jun 22, 2012.

Hi, I Mhanys. I am new here. Since my english is not my primary language, you can't expect perfect english from me :p

Before this, I am really active in selling clickbank product using sniper method and I also active making money with google adsense. But I don't know why suddenly I really interest in making money with Flippa. So I make some research how to sell new website with 0 traffic and 0 revenue. At the end, I success to collect some important criteria that a new site must have to be sell in flippa. Today I want to share roughly my findings with you. This finding maybe not something new for you, but I really sure this can help newbies to know better tricks to sell in flippa. By using all my findings, I success to sell my site on flippa for first time listing. My net profit from that selling is 300% from cost to build it.

The important part to sell newborn site in flippa is domain name, the domain must (.com) extension. Other domain like .net and .org still can be sell but I can see the successful rate is low. The domain must contain niche keywords around 2 or 3 words only. For example build muscle.com and get rid acne.com. But these kind of domain is hard to get. So to overcome this problem, just add one more word to the keyword to make as domain. for example, if flirther.com is not available, add word like secret, tips, method to the domain. Let say flirthertips.com, this domain maybe available. Be creative.

To sell fresh site in flippa seem hard, but it is not that hard if you know how to "appreciate" the buyer. Buyer want to buy a site that have potential to give them profit back. So, if the site that you want to sell dont have traffic and revenue, give them something that valuable. In my case, I offer a bonus. If buyer BUY IT NOW my site, I will give them autoblog plugin. So buyer don't have to think about content anymore, just focus on promoting the site. Add more interesting bonus like give them thousand backlinks to the site(you can get it only $5 in fiverr), free ebooks and anything that you can give.

Damn, I forgot to tell you one more thing about domain. Avoid buying domain name with "-", "_", and number for the site. Buyers hate it!

Basic cost to start selling in flippa is only around $30. $0.01 for hostgator hosting, $19 for listing fee on flippa, and $9 for .com domain. Roughly thats how I make my newborn site to sell on flippa. Do it, and you will know the potential making money in flippa.

There are more things you should not forget to sell site in flippa. For example theme and listing description. For listing description, just copy from success seller. Edit few words there and make it look like yours. For theme, I suggest you use woo theme-gazette. They are really easy to modify and use, very friendly user.

Sorry for rough explaination and bad english. :p

mhanys, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  2. hotguy640

hotguy640 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thnx. got great idea

hotguy640, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  3. Scofz

Scofz Peon

Best Answers:
    What an excellent post, well done. Your english is very good! thanks for sharing

Scofz, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  4. mhanys

mhanys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Glad you happy with it!

Thanks, just share the potential making money with flippa. Most people think 0 visitors and 0 revenue site cannot be sell in flippa.

mhanys, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  5. IMnoob

IMnoob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They don't charge listing fee's upfront anymore right?

IMnoob, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  6. mervp

mervp Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of people, including long termers at Flippa, report it has gotten tougher to sell on the site compared to years ago (due to a frequent lack of trust between buying and selling parties, sellers lying or over-charging, buyers welshing or charging back, etc). This tutorial may be helpful, but it paints a rosier picture than current reality.

mervp, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  7. mhanys

mhanys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, they still charge. I Have to pay $19 to list the site on flippa. :( It sucks! But it worth if you can sell it. No risk no fun, but for me no risk is better :p. There are so many people out there complain about this. But flippa still with their upfront fee.

mhanys, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  8. mhanys

mhanys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you, thats why seller must do something to make their listing have something "valuable". We still can sell fresh site there, but need to be creative with listing. If not, it just wasting our money and time. Just my 2 cent.. :cool:

mhanys, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  9. tarek.ben.hamza

tarek.ben.hamza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to sell a website on Flippa you have to prove the revenue and the traffic ... other wise you're selling just a domain .

tarek.ben.hamza, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  10. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, good post,but can you explain a bit more on being creative with the listing?
    Thanks

wptheme, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  11. tarek.ben.hamza

tarek.ben.hamza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Creative listing is simply showing the value of you website. If I'm buying your website I will be only interested in what I can earn from it. So you should show describe your website pretty well and show to the buyer that he's having a bargain not just a shallow worthless name. A good way to do this is to put your self in the place of the buyer.

tarek.ben.hamza, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  12. muraaaaad

muraaaaad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for such a useful information but I am new to this field so would you kindly let me know what is autoblog plugin and how would we get it so that we could offer it to the buyer.

muraaaaad, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  13. buicky

buicky Peon

Best Answers:
    ty for this informations !

buicky, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  14. inbargains

inbargains Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Starting two days ago the cost to list a website went from $19 to $29 with a minimum success fee of $10. Figure in $10 for a domain and now you're at $49 in cost. If you do your research you'll discover websites sell at an abysmal 34% on Flippa if you're not actively shill bidding or doing some monkey business so figure at least one relist at $14 (half price). A realistic low ball number to sell a website on Flippa is now $63 before you realize a penny of profit. If you're not lucky and sell your website on the first relist and must relist again you're at $77 in Flippa costs with a $10 domain. Flippa websites are selling 1 per 3 listings approximately as of the last month.

So before you think this is a great way to make money understand the real numbers in the game and decide if you want to invest $60+ dollars in Flippa before making a dollar for yourself.

inbargains, Jun 28, 2012 IP
    averyz likes this.
  15. scotwilson

scotwilson Peon

Best Answers:
    excellent post, well done.

scotwilson, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  16. timreeves

timreeves Peon

Best Answers:
    Done this sort of thing in the past with limited success. Been much more successful when I put a month's worth of SEO into a site and started I started to earn $30 / month adsense income. Not much right? Wrong. You can then flip these sites for 5X or 10X the /month earnings. Think I got $250 for the one that I did some SEO on.

timreeves, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  17. whitewave

whitewave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

What you have said is correct about the ease of creating and listing a site in flippa.

However, the fly in the ointment is the time you spend answering emails about the listing, and holding hands of the person afterwards when it comes to doing a database backup and transferring the files etc.

Also, if they do not have the same domain registrar as you, it cannot be transferred for 60 days if it's a new domain. If you let them use your hosting in the meantime then you leave yourself vulnerable to attack.

Finally, is the question of what to sell. A while ago it was all the rage to create 'service' sites that sold services at a premium, and then you, as the site owner who just got paid, go to fiverr and buy the same service a lot less and keep the difference. So, coming up with a new website that has no history of sales is difficult to sell today in my opinion.

Best wishes

Stephen

whitewave, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  18. mrautomator

mrautomator Guest

Best Answers:
    The listing fee just went up to $29.00.

mrautomator, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not my intent to be offensive but if you create a website in English your buyer is going to want the website to be written in perfect English.

NetStar, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  20. mrmartingale

mrmartingale Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I also just found out listing is 29$, mhanys idea is good, i have been thinking a long time to try this on flippa, but i have some doubts now after the raise in the fee and what i read here...

mrmartingale, Jul 5, 2012 IP