1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

And google hits an ALL TIME LOW today. New info

Discussion in 'Google' started by Laceygirl, Jun 15, 2012.

This is hilarious.
    I searched "office space to let" an hour ago. I didn't enter any website I just browsed to page 3.

How's this for you.
    I'm always logged in google, but anyway here's some interesting news: All of a sudden I'm getting emails from companies offering office space.

Google is truly the devil! They actually are forwarding what individuals search to companies.

WOW, shame on google, but then again, I'm not surprised.

Laceygirl, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  2. DjMaddius

DjMaddius Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably selling the stuff to companies. They have to make profit somehow..

DjMaddius, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Show some proof. I'd be shocked if this was in fact true.

dcristo, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How am I suppose to provide proof of that? I don't record each time I search something.

Try it yourself. Search the exact same terms as me and do a few other related searches but don't go in any sites. Come back to say "Wow, its true. I got emailed totally related to that!. Your are truly a beautiful and smart individual. I regret having second thoughts about you!"
    (Hopefully that company is still open or you won't believe me until Monday:))

Give it a try.

Laceygirl, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You post a lot of random stuff that is unsupported by any facts. It could be coincidence. I do a lot of product related searches in Google and have never seen them illegally sell the query and my email to some company to spam me.

Perhaps you got an email that matches a search, but you have not even suggested anything that shows Google is responsible for a random email you got.

Many your posts in this regard suffer from a fallacy of logic. They are Post hoc ergo propter hoc type errors. That is where two things happen in a certain order (like you did a search in G (A) and then got an email related to the search (B)) and thus you conclude that A caused B. That is a common logical error assuming that because A happened before B, that A caused B.

browntwn, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After the Panda and Penguin updates, nothing would surprise me, lol.

danasurvey, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  7. mlao

mlao Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL I agree, everything is possible so I believe lacey girl

mlao, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  8. Jackie2006

Jackie2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry :( I tried what you said but no mails.

Jackie2006, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You just said something right there that was not supported by facts. Sue me and sue yourself.
    Are you calling it a coincidence?

God, you are a moron. I'm surprised your knuckles don't bleed when you walk.
    Its the weekend. Come back in a few days.

Laceygirl, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  10. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I am calling you a fool who jumps to illogical conclusions.

browntwn, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks pretty realistic to me. You search something you never searched for before, then you get spam emails trying to sell you that something and you never got those spam sales emails before.

.....oh and by the way, of course you are calling me a fool. You and me have bad blood and you are hiding behind a bunch of pixels as opposed to being in front of my face because I would stick a fork through your eyeball.

12. xtmx

xtmx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you have adware that reads your searches.

xtmx, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sounds like we could all have some fun with this by getting everyone here to google your search.

run it through "let me google that for you" and get everyone here to click it, and let those companies enjoy paying google for their false leads.

matt_62, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Damn, I didn't even think of that. Maybe you are right.

15. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is it your sting operation against google, ? ;)

simple007, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  16. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't see how this could not be a security issue. Sometimes when you think you're safe, you're not. Did you search on mac? PC? Home? Work? Public computer?? Phone??

higherluv, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  17. browntwn

Best Answers:

First of all, I have no "bad blood" with you. I just happen to find a lot of your posts either mean spirited or total nonsense lacking any logical or factual foundation. The threat to, "stick a fork through your eyeball" shows the maturity of your thought process which is evident in nearly every post you make on this forum.

Secondly, assuming your first two points are factual - that you did a search and that later you did receive emails does not logically support the conclusion you are drawing. Namely, that Google is, "forwarding what individuals search to companies" and, "then you get spam emails trying to sell you that something" is just not supported by those two facts.

It would be against the law for Google to share your search results and email address to third parties. They would subject themselves to massive lawsuits. On that basis alone it would seem highly unlikely. Also, it would cut into their existing business on which they make billions of dollars where they do target ads to what you are searching.

You could contact these companies that emailed you and ask where they got your email address or how they knew you were interested in, "office space to let". Honestly, I would have to assume that you made that information available on some other site where they are allowed to sell your information to marketers. As it stands, you are making a claim that Google is violating the law, based on an unsupported assumption that doesn't even sound plausible to me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    browntwn, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For someone who talks like they are really smart like you I find it really odd that you take a look at someone and accuse then of being "not-mean" and "mature". Then you come over here and say "What the heck, you are being MEAN!".
    Who told you I was nice. Everyone knows I'm slightly cruel, mean, shallow, and blunt. Why does everyone like you get surprised when you see me being me. You would've liked the old me, but the dirty world of internet business made the new me. Get used to it.
    No, it makes sense.
    There you go again. Assuming that a company wouldn't break the law. Maybe part of their whole business plan from the beginning is to break the law. They would not get massive lawsuits because there is not enough seriousness to getting spam emails to run a million dollar lawsuit. Google is dirty. We all know google is dirty. They sell keywords to corporations to rank high on, they break their own TOS throughout the year, etc, etc.

19. SchenkerF

SchenkerF Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true what she is saying.. But it depends on the country you live in as laws are different in every country...

SchenkerF, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  20. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree... and it's not the first time...
    normally she seems pretty intelligent until she post stuff like this:
    and a few others...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    indyonline, Jun 16, 2012 IP