1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by scotsmarc, Jun 15, 2012.

HI Guys,

I recently launched a new food and entertainment site and currently have about 1m venues listed worldwide.

I have also harvested a large email list for a lot of these venues and want to offer them the chance to be able to manage their pages.

I am going to email blast these customers and was looking for a little help and guidance!

first up would you guys recommend mailchimp or is there a better and cheaper alternative that has a high inbox success?

Also any recommendations on who can write killer eblasts to get conversions for me?!!

All help and genuine feedback appreciated

scotsmarc, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  2. itsjustbrian

itsjustbrian Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice is to offer a free report in exchange for having them opt-in to your e-mail list.

itsjustbrian, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  3. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  4. joey19333

joey19333 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I think you should try Aweber. Aweber is the most reputable email marketing management platform and it is relatively cheap compare to some other one. It has some great features and can be great for newbies and seasoned veterans. I think many internet marketing "gurus" would recommend Aweber because it is what most of them are using to make money. Google Aweber and take a look at them. You will be glad you did.

joey19333, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  5. masterkey

masterkey Peon

Best Answers:
    Use Aweber as autoresponder dont blast them to death in order to get sales give them first some freebies
    just sell them a product for twice a month

masterkey, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  6. Andy Lawson

Andy Lawson Guest

Best Answers:
    When using an autoresponder service such as AWeber, your subscribers have to opt in. You can't use these services to e-mail a pre-existing list. If they allowed you to do this they would land themselves in hot water because of the CAN-SPAM Act.

Andy Lawson, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  7. joey19333

joey19333 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use Aweber or any other autoresponder service, it's best if you send few freebies to your list first before actually promoting products to them. Maybe like monthly newsletter or sending PLR articles. You can buy PLR articles at a low price if you google around.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    joey19333, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  8. jimbo159

jimbo159 Peon

Best Answers:
    GetResponse has a free 30 day trail. I use them and have had no problems. Also Aweber I think still has a $1 30 day offer I believe.

jimbo159, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  9. jhonmike48

jhonmike48 Peon

Best Answers:
    E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages...

jhonmike48, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  10. ForumAdvertising

ForumAdvertising Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to stay natural - go through your email spam folder and look how to NOT form your emails

ForumAdvertising, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  11. peeptoeshoescom

peeptoeshoescom Peon

Best Answers:
    E-mail marketing is another way of internet marketing and advertising.

peeptoeshoescom, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  12. IM TYCOON

IM TYCOON Member

Best Answers:
    i never tried email marketing

but try in future

IM TYCOON, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  13. RyanWasHere

RyanWasHere Peon

Best Answers:
    try - email-unlimited.com - or - sendblaster.com - and blast them away. Just be careful because there are many anti-spam laws out there and you definitely won't want to be on the receiving side of that.

RyanWasHere, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  14. lufty

lufty Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you want is a professional emailer who knows what he is doing. Considering that this is a harvested list, and not your own double opt-in, you will run a risk trying to send them on your own. Spam complaints can put your domain in jeopardy and could also get you shut down. As you know, any website downtime is money lost.

Hit me up and I can offer some recommendations.

lufty, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  15. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing need a lot of attention to get success. Day by day, it's usefulness and feedback is going low as people are not interested to be spammed. So it should be targeted to those who have interest on your product and will give effort to open your mail without deleting them as spam. Aweber is a good email marketing platform, but I don't know whether that can satisfy you or not.

rubeljoy, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  16. alexwood

alexwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Aweber it is the most reputable email marketing management platform

alexwood, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  17. Scofz

Scofz Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are some golden rules when email marketing

1) Always provide value - every email should give them something, a free report, interesting information etc
    2) Do not send too many emails
    3) Remember that you are building trust - never try to sell them something that you are not sure about

Scofz, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  18. Dennis11

Dennis11 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want high delivery rate go with aweber or getresponse . But if you have harvested these email addresses then they weren’t double opted in to a list of yours. I’m assuming that anyway and could be wrong. If that’s the case you’ll need to find a service that will let you import these names and send out your emails.

Most of the services have pretty good delivery rates, but your response rates might vary depending on how good your emails are and what you can offer each prospect to entice them to take some action. At whatisanautoresponder.com I was reading about the differences in services and also about how delivery rates are really more about how the subject line is and body so that it isn’t flagged as spam. So make sure you use a spam checker before sending them out for maximum delivery.

If you really want a good open rate ...make sure you have someone that can write a headline (or subject line in email) that will get them to open it up. Having a writer with copywriting skills that works with email marketing campaigns would be good.

Look up email copywriters in google and that will give you a good start on finding someone that can do a good job for you. It might cost you to get some good copy, but 1 or 2 % difference in response rate could be a huge difference.

Anyway goodluck.

Dennis11, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  19. masterdrugstore

masterdrugstore Peon

Best Answers:
    Day by day, it's usefulness and feedback is going low as people are not interested to be spammed .

masterdrugstore, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  20. sindia

sindia Peon

Best Answers:
    yes the main problem with email campaign is 90% going to spam , no other way

sindia, Jul 11, 2012 IP