1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help regarding PLR site/packs.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WebBuddy, Jun 12, 2012.

Hi,

I am setting up a PLR shop and I wished to have clarity on the what I should do.

Here are couple of things I'd like to know or have your views on. Some of these questions should have ideally gone to the website building forum but I prefer to have the writer's view of how things can be set up in a manner that's convenient for a writer.
    1. How to set the price of PLR packs. I only have a few packs with me at present. All are original and very readable articles and I don't know how to price them to have maximum profit and to not put off the prospective buyer by higher rates. How do I find the balance? I see people offering several hundred articles for $1!! I realize that's recycled stuff (or worse), but still what's the cost for say - pack of 10 articles of debt consolidation or pack of 10 articles on women's sex health issues?
    2. What is the best way of building a list?
    3. How do I attract clients? (any other ideas other than having links in forum sigs and replying on several forums?)
    4. Any other ideas from experienced people are welcome.

Thanks.

WebBuddy, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  2. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi -- I love being invited to help and offer advice! So I'm posting the same advice I PMed to the OP with the rest of you because I'm a pro in this field and LOVE IT! Plus I'm happy to help whenever I can.... Any questions -- ask away! :)

My advice :

First there is a perfect book I recommend you read PLR Insider Secrets by Ruth Pound. This women owns a PLR store and provides a good amount of advice. A few things are missing but it's still a great start. It has some information about other sellers as well.

Now to answer your thread questions.

Pricing is completely your choice. Price based on quality and items included. I currently sale collections for $7 because it's a price that fits into a person's budget. BUT I also sell small packages for $7.50. Most PLR sellers recommend $1 to $2 per PLR article. One important thing -- don't sell yourself short! You are a perfect amazing writer and you should be pricing yourself at the best price possible. The price you charge should reflect , three things -- your skill, your time and your passion. I would hate for you to sell 10 package articles for less than $5. Hell no! -- you are worth more than that! :)

Best way to build a list is by offering something for free, marketing that something on Warrior Forums WSO and using it to build a mailing list. I honestly have yet to do this -- kind of lazy to be honest. Another way is to buy solo ads from other PLR sellers. Both cost money. Also be sure to have an area where people can join on your website. I've noticed sellers will put " 10 free articles" I hate that! For one how do I know those articles are within a niche I'm working on? Um of course I don't! LOL.. so try to be specific!

Attracting clients can be anyway you really want. Some people love to use WSO's but $40 is kind of high and as you bump your thread up -- it gets so much more expensive. I get clients with a blog mostly -- providing advice to other webmasters is something I love ( duh! ) so using my blog to market my products and provide advice is a win win win! Other ways to get clients include buying banner ads , google adwords, and using Paid to click websites. I love paid to click sites because I can point them to my blog and explain everything about PLR and how it's so useful.. and I can market other products as well.

Other information? Let me think! --- Build a bigger collection by including keywords and domains with each set of articles and even auto responder emails as well. These things are nearly free to build and require little time to make so it's a plus for you. Um -- use pictures in your sales page. I have a store and I have some sales pages as well. I get more sales from the sales pages because they provide more details and pictures to draw a customer in. Um -- try mini books.. if you notice on WSO people love ebooks that include PLR rights. I'm one of them... Include a sales pages to go with the book and you have the perfect package. Some sale these for as little as $4.95 and get tons of sales. If I knew how to do graphic design I'd do the same thing! Ask for help is also good advice but you already asked me so you are good. Using other writers is also wonderful. BUT make sure they respect you. I've noticed that DP writers are getting ruder by the minute ... try other website where people cherish and respect those that consider hiring them. If a writer talks back to you -- they aren't someone you want on your team at all. List your products on Jvzoo.com as well. This provides you with a safe place to store your files and promotes them to affiliates. I buy products there as well! Lastly -- never give up! It's not easy right away but over time it gets easier and also more fun. Try to think of creative ways to drive more sales and you will be fine. I notice that when I do a product I'm already passionate about that isn't just based on it's cpc -- people react the same way I do about the topic and thus buy.

Okay so this is really long but it should help! Crossing my fingers it does.. Sending hugs and best wishes hun ... I know you will find your success in PLR it's impossible not to! :)

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 12, 2012 IP
    WebBuddy likes this.
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Few questions for you sweet...

I've seen PLR packs getting distributed all over the place. It seems like once one hits the marketplace it grows legs and what started out as for sale pieces somehow become freely distributed. Have you encountered that and what do you do to combat it?

Do you recommend limiting the number of times you sell the same pack?

With Panda and Penguin have you seen a decrease in demand?

YMC, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are talking about others "recycled stuff", once you sell a few of your packs they get posted, re-posted, dumped into auto feeds, repacked, scraped and stuffed into other massive packs and resold, they will also be "recycled stuff". Probably in less then 2weeks.

PLR articles are.. PLR articles. just duplicate content. duplicate content is never special or better because it will always be watered down and basically worthless in the realm of internet SEO.

Just my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    averyz, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  5. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    YMC -- actually I sale to people who respect and understand the use of PLR content and follow my terms. I've seen my work published on many sites and haven't had any issues with the content going huge. Generally most of my buyers edit the content anyway. I offer a rewriting service with each package which increases my sales as well.

Limiting the amount of packages you sale is a must in my opinion. As a buyer I like to know when the PLR will sell out and as a seller I like to know how many people will get the articles in the end. Mostly I sale 50 packs of articles then 200 sets of my larger packages.

Panda and Penguin have actually increased the demand of PLR articles. More and more webmasters want to build authority sites and this means they need content and lots of it. It's good for Google to see a good blend of articles on a wide range of topics and honestly uniqueness is not the main focus. It's all about quality these days. If you find an amazing PLR article in a store and you know your readers will love it -- that's perfect because you are showing your readers that you care about them. I have a wine blog and a weight loss blog that I post PLR onto. I've gotten good feedback from readers because they enjoy the content and the added information. I don't have to stress about writing more content daily when I can publish like 10 PLR articles to drip feed in one single day. Plus PLR articles save so much time.

YMC -- if you sold PLR I'd buy it in a heart beat. No joke! :)

Averyz -- I think you have a one sided opinion about the amazing word of PLR articles and packages. I don't provide people with "Recycled stuff" every package I write is made with the purpose of helping webmasters profit the fastest and easiest way possible. I don't know about your other points but my buyers respect the work I put into the articles and packages and don't go nuts with them like you've said.

PLR is not about duplicate content it's about saving time and saving money. You don't have to keep an article the same as it's original form. I've bought articles and turned them into complete books because they provided me with a source of research that I didn't need hours to do. I've also bought articles and used them to get offline clients for my company and I've used articles as the base to write longer articles because as stated above -- they provide the time saving research I need. Many times I use an article as is because the writer did an amazing job and requires no input from me.

I get your opinion Averyz but it doesn't always apply--- once you learn the power of PLR on both sides of the market -- you might find it the perfect solution for you and your business.

Imagine the fact that you can write one set of 10 to 20 articles and sell it 50 to 100 times. If you sale that set for $5 to $7 ( like I do for example ) --- you'd make a massive profit don't you think? Plus instead of spending forever on freelance projects that only pay 1cent per word -- you'd work on the pack for like one day ( I can write 5 articles in about 2 hours ) and be done with it. To me -- that speaks ton for this form of business. PLUS the best part is -- there may be competition in the PLR world but you will never run out of buyers. There is a seller on WSO that only offers Weight loss and health goodies -- and many times another seller will come along and sale something similar. Both get tons of sales because webmasters need content and need it now.

Thanks for the questions! Any more -- I'm glad to answer! :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  6. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They why even by them ? If they are going to be rewritten or spun just pull them off of the internet for free. Searching google is about as fast as going through a massive PLR pack and you get to look at what is ranking while you are there.

All PLR packs I have gotten or have seen sold are thousands.. of articles for around $5 No I just don't see the "massive profit"
    I would like to see you take "10 to 20 PLR articles and sell it 50 to 100 times" for $5-$7 on the BST section. Not going to happen.

Webmasters need stuff that will pass copyscape PLR articles do not.

Once an article is published on the internet it is duplicate content and will not pass copyscape anymore. The search engines are getting harder and harder on duplicate content and getting very good at weeding it out on search results.

PLR ad just sounds like a fantasy to me "write one article and sell it hundreds of times" maybe for pennies.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    averyz, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  7. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Averyz, How are you doing? I hope well :)

Free content isn't always good content. I'm sure you could take something for free online but would it be as good as the items you get from a professional freelance writer. I doubt it completely. Maybe you aren't buying the best PLR but I provide wonderful PLR content that my customers enjoy and use for their websites and for other things.

It's not just about copyscape , panda or penguin. Content is content and if you can't afford to pay $10 to $20 per article, a set of PLR articles for $5 is a much better price. Google doesn't mind duplicate content as much as before because of content curation -- have you even heard of this kind of content? Basically it's the act of taking content from another source and using it on your website while providing a link back to that source. I've been doing this for the last few months. I've noticed that the articles I get from other websites get higher ranking and more traffic than my own articles that I write myself. The same applies to the PLR articles I've used because it provides more details than I have time to provide.

Here's a great example of PLR that is perfect the way it is or can be modified --

http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/616134-google-plus-local-places-private-label-rights-pack-custom-video-articles-report-plus-much-more.html

This seller is providing content that can be used to sale services offline. Since I run an offline business and am a work at home mom , I simply don't have the time to write all the content thats included within the package. It includes not only articles but videos, flyers, infographics, powerpoint presentations , a report and squeeze pages. Plus this package is only $10. Can you hear the savings? You are going to point out that the content won't be unique but does uniqueness matter when selling offline -- not one bit. Because most businesses won't see this content anyway because not every business is going to be targeted and not every offline company works with Google Plus. Can you hear the money ringing in? LOL..

Here's another example ---

http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/600834-my-private-label-rights-articles-worthy-being-your-arsenal-see-what-warriors-saying.html

I honestly have bought from this seller but not the packages listed. I love this writer ( and so do a lot of people on warrior forum) because his writing is very unique and creative. As you can see from his reviews he's well known and respected. I don't think he limits the number of times his packs are sold though but generally those that buy his content appear to edit them or use them as is in their auto responder.

I also love easyplr.com which sales theirs for a max of 75 times. I've used their recipe articles and their business articles for many of my blogs. My readers love them and I like happy readers so it's a win win win to me!

Furthermore -- you can diss PLR all you want and that's perfectly fine because you are missing out completely. It's a known fact that PLR sales more than anything on Warrior Forum and JVzoo.com so while you diss it.. I'll continue to earn with this amazing business that allows me to help people as much as I want and as often as I want. I'm currently working on a mega package right now so I need to get back to work. Thanks for your points --- they are valid points but also one sided and it seems like you have had some bad experiences with PLR. Hopefully you'll give PLR another chance later on in your webmastering career. Because the truth is not all PLR is crap like you might think it is. I for one don't write crap PLR ! LOL..

Best of luck! :)

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that PLR article might be good off line(if you are printing...? flyers?), but on the internet you just come back to the reality of duplicate content.

People have been doing this for years especially with news articles but the problem is google will rank the original article and then... why do they want to deliver the same article twice in search results? especially when the 2nd-102nd copies are just duplicate?

As a web designer I just do not see any value in duplicate content most people don't, that is probably why you can buy 10,000 PLR articles for $5.

averyz, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  9. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    I surely hope that those reading this posting and those considering building a PLR store aren't using Averyz's opinions to drive them to a different pathway. Just because one person thinks that PLR is worthless doesn't mean that everyone does. It's truly an amazing field to go into and provides tons of benefits to both buyers and sellers. I don't desire to argue with someone who is completely one sided any longer -- it just seems pointless now. So I'll just zip my mouth ( and my fingers) and move on to my next project because my passion rest in writing and not in arguing with a person who seems to just want to be right.

Thus Averyz you win! I'm done trying to prove my point because you don't seem to care either way.

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  10. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't really think it was an "argument" but you did seem to have an agenda and pretty bent on hyping up PLR articles.

I do think PLR articles are worthless but then again I am not selling auto blogs for $40.

If you really want to know what PLR articles are worth go to the BST section and have a look.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php?searchid=6818601
    Seems like many people are getting asked to take their PLR article pack sales to the under $5 section.

Things are worth what a market will pay not what someone selling an ebooks says they are worth.

averyz, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  11. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly averyz, if we turn to the BST section of DP (!!) to evaluate the real worth of any kind of writing, I am sure we will all be disillusioned enough to abandon writing as a means of earning anything substantial. I may agree with some of your points but I am sure that the hundreds (or thousands?) of websmasters who do buy PLRs for their businesses are not fools.

Sometimes, something that works for one person doesn't work for the other and I am sure that is what keep the world abuzz with all kinds of activity. If we were all to agree and settle down to do what we all collectively regard as productive, and stop all other trades and work, it would bring the world to a standstill.

I invited sch to help me with a new business that I am planning to establish and I did not mean to start a PLR pro/con debate here. Please let the people who can help or offer constructive comments present their views. The points that you are making aren't unheard of and I have wondered all this myself but instead of just speculating about how these people run such successful businesses I decided to give it a shot myself.

Thanks everybody for pitching in this thread. I am starting my MBA second sem exams on 18th and once I finish them (on 28th), I will get on to the PLR bandwagon with full force. :)

WebBuddy, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  12. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What have I done to stop anyone from presenting their views..?

I just came on the thread with a realistic view and price scale based on a REAL market. I see both of you guys are trying to sell PLR articles here on DP, so I was just following along Selling PLR articles on DP

I think the problem is you guys are trying to hype up PLR articles and being a grand money maker which I do not agree with. So basically what you are asking is- Please leave us alone so we can hype up a false story- ok carry on.

averyz, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  13. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    I am not selling anything yet. If you see my site .. as yet it's barely a site. I am just exploring avenues and see if I can make a side income off the PLR business. Yes you are right that most PLRs sell for $1 per 1000 articles but those are second handers who compile the work of others into a zip file and ship them off at $1 per set. When a seller provide legit quality and packages the articles with other offers like ebooks and such, the quality increases. SCH presents the PLRs in a manner that adds value to the content and provides a rewriting service too.

@averyz - do you realize that most 1 cent per word writers who sell their articles here or offer their services (on BST) actually pick articles off the net and rewrite them(sometimes they may combine two articles to make it more "unique"). That constitutes their entire "research". Now consider this - you pay $5 for 5 articles and get them rewritten for say another $5 or $10 .. so when you use a PLR + rewrite service, you pay $10 or $15 for the same quality which you'd have paid $25 for when you hire a writer off the BST boards. Of course, if you hire the services of a higher paid writer the low price on the PLRs (+ rewriting) automatically creates a value for them.

That's just my opinion - you are entitled to your own. Let's not fight ;) and sulk.

WebBuddy, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  14. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously guys i am not trying to fight.. I thought we were having a discussion on PLR articles on a marketing forum.

So people claim to be getting into the PLR market wouldn't it be a good idea to research the market first? It would be a bummer to write 1000 articles and figure out they were worth 1000-for$1(.01 each) and hard to sell.

averyz, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  15. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    Okay, I will research! Tell me what is the best way? Yesterday, I did question my current clients about how they feel about PLR and I am still waiting to hear from them. Now, I know only one way of learning to do something - by doing it. The Warrior Forum is agog with several buyers saying they bought this PLR and that and it worked well for them. I can't say how many of those reviews are genuine .. so I can't tell ... can you? When I started writing I read several people saying that writing doesn't pay too well but I have realized that keeping on with it in a persistent and disciplined manner has gained me a good earning. So, I am trying to do the same with PLRs - trying it - to see if it has any potential.

Thanks for your input averyz ... I was just joking when I said don't fight and like I said earlier, you voiced some of my own concerns. So, thanks for that.

Many thanks to SCH for her guidance. Just + repped you. I will get back to you when I am able to create more content and put up a more professional looking site. Like I said, I have my exams for the next one and half week and then I will get to work. :)

WebBuddy, Jun 15, 2012 IP
    sweetcrabhoney18 likes this.
  16. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with using the Warrior Forum as a source of information is that they trade referrals and testimonials - regardless of a product's quality. They all talk about their super-duper-stupendous money making website strategies. I researched some of them. The fellows touting article directory submissions as a way to make money hadn't submitted anything for 2 or 3 years and had only a handful of stale articles in their accounts. Worse yet, the sites those articles point to are often offline or being squatted on by someone else. Yet, they continue to proclaim their success with article marketing and continue to peddle their WSOs that explains their secret sauce.

I think many of the folks there flit from what's seen as hot now, run it into the ground and move onto the next. They know their sites will get eventually penalized by Google. They've built such a strong network of sites that if one fails, they simply drop the site and build another. They don't use Adsense because much of what they do breaks G's terms of service. Most affiliate programs are far less fussy about how you make them money as long as you continue selling their products. And all the while they are practicing a scorched earth style of marketing, they sell their ebooks that tell you how easy it is to make money.

I'm sure that there's some earnest folks on there. But, it's not a place I generally would go to decide the viability of a business model. Yes, I fell for a WSO. Luckily, I didn't invest much. The gushing testimonials certainly didn't match what I purchased. Nor was there anything in the ebook that I saw as new or even useful information.

There are no doubt some folks like SCH, who do make money with PLR. But, I suspect the number of folks losing money is far greater. I played with using PLR a bit. Sure, let someone else do the research and rewrite it to save a lot of time. I even had laid out a business plan and website to sell some. That idea died when my computer was infected with a horrific virus from a PLR pack I downloaded from here. Granted, that was probably not the author's doing but it still turned me off to that marketplace. Once the articles leave the writer's control anything can happen.

Good luck CF whatever you decide to do.

YMC, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  17. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    You know -- I really wasn't going to reply any longer in this thread because of the bad feelings I was getting. No joke -- Averyz you made it difficlut to show my passion for my work. But one thing I want to point out is something that a poster on Warrior forum pointed out.

"When you write something, you own it. You can license it however you want, and if you sell someone a PLR licence, he can use it however he sees fit.
    PLR gives your customer the right to completely rework it and have something entirely unique... "

So sorry things didn't go well for you YMC -- I do hope in the future you rethink it. Don't get taken by all the pretty WSO's. I've lost money with them as well but generally because I didn't question and educate myself first. It happens but normally I just brush it off and keep moving forward. Success comes with trail and error I feel. I found my success by selling PLR and building websites. I'm sure you can do it as well. :)

I'm glad my advice helped you - CF - ( Thanks for the rep) I hope that after your exams you contact me if you have any questions or need any help getting started.

I love PLR and nothing is going to change that! :D

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  18. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I respected all of your points i just felt they were unrealistic and unproven. Sorry I didn't let you walk all over me in the discussion.

It was a discussion on marketing PLR articles no need to get "bad feelings" just because everyone does not play into your views.

averyz, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  19. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Putting down my business is called trying to be mean. Unproven? I'm proof that it works and I even provided links to other PLR sellers that prove everything I pointed out. And I showcased a book that talks about the profit potential. It's not about me trying to make you feel the same way as I do -- I never once tired to insult you or what you do ( a website designer right??) but you went ahead and did that to me. Of course that brought on bad feelings because like you said this is a discussion and there is really no need for you to feel that it's okay to insult me or what I do for a living. But you did --

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  20. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only pointed out that PLR article do not sell for very much.

You keep trying to hype them up, that fine. But it gives you no right to tell me I can't post my points and views. I backed my statements up with a link to this same website that has PLR articles for pennies and even less then pennies.

You keep responding to my posts calling me out and then you get mad when I respond back..? /scratches head :-/

I never once insulted you. This thread was discussing marketing PLR articles I was talking about the going rate of PLR articles.

I was just on a DP thread about selling websites the other day and made the statement that certain websites were not profitable to sell in a certain market-WHY?? Becouse we are on here studying marketing.

Anyone trying hype up a market at the same time trying to repress market information probably has alternative motives.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    averyz, Jun 15, 2012 IP